Which DIAD to use...

UPSer_BC

I am confused as to which DIAD im supposed to use...im a full time driver and have been driving for over 3 months. There are some that start with 12 and others that start with 13 and end with different letters. There are also some that say PVD on them...

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
At the DIAD rack, look to your left or your right
There should be several human beings around you.
Ask one
“Say man, how do I know which board is mine? I’m new and nobody has showed me yet”
This human, should he possess any decency whatsoever, will answer your question.
Here on BrownCafe, we’re going to make fun of you for asking such a question

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I am confused as to which DIAD im supposed to use...im a full time driver and have been driving for over 3 months. There are some that start with 12 and others that start with 13 and end with different letters. There are also some that say PVD on them...
Our diad's have route numbers on them.

Are you talking about the phone units?

charm299

Go look at the computer and see which route has the least amount of stops, that one is yours

Enjoy your first and probably only peak! And don’t worry every stop will be loaded in perfect order for you in your rental. Just don’t make any sudden turns

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
What have you been doing for the past three months?!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Just grab one they are all the same

Not how it works anymore. At least not here. Grab any board you want. Once you clock in it uploads your route.
The board doesn’t matter where you’re at?? We still have ours ID’d even after the 2.0 “upgrade.” And any new DIADS go straight to the old geezers for them to screw up.
I’m just glad we haven’t heard a word or seen anything regarding those PHONES. Thank god. They should take whoever developed that UPS phone delivery app out to the back and shoot them

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The board doesn’t matter where you’re at?? We still have ours ID’d even after the 2.0 “upgrade.” And any new DIADS go straight to the old geezers for them to screw up.
I’m just glad we haven’t heard a word or seen anything regarding those PHONES. Thank god. They should take whoever developed that UPS phone delivery app out to the back and shoot them
Nope grab any diad. Once you click in the route Is linked by employee ID and it uploads the corresponding route.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Not how it works anymore. At least not here. Grab any board you want. Once you clock in it uploads your route.
Now that just makes too much sense, it's hard to believe the company would do anything to make the job easier. We could only use the DIAD that was assigned to the route we were on. If you punched in on another DIAD and downloaded EDD it caused all kinds of problems.

Nope grab any diad. Once you click in the route Is linked by employee ID and it uploads the corresponding route.
We have lifetime route bids here; no rebidding every year or whatever. It’s straight up a daily free for all for full time covers; frequent bumping every single day. Probably has something to do with why we’re lacking that technology

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have lifetime route bids here; no rebidding every year or whatever. It’s straight up a daily free for all for full time covers; frequent bumping every single day. Probably has something to do with why we’re lacking that technology
We do too. Management has used it as an excuse to not put people on the routes they want. That didn’t last long. They can go into the system and switch it.