Which is worse?

• FBI Fingerprint Submission/Clearance

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • DOT Physical

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I mean, both are compromising invasions of privacy and a waste of my time. One imposes increased physical trauma but it's temporary. The other :censored2:s you over for the rest of your life, but on the flip side once you're in the damage is done and there's less reason to get worked up about it in the future. Sigh. No matter where I go there's always something.

Just be glad you never went into the military. My DNA is on file. What is physically traumatic about a DOT physical, though? I mean, the male doctors don't make me drop my drawers to do the hernia checks. The lady doctors are total meat gazers, but that's not all that traumatic.

Is this a different new job, or are you doing work for a facility that requires security checks?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
We need to know why you are getting fingerprinted first. Unless you have a record or submitted prints for something, a fingerprint check is nothing but a few mouse clicks on the NCIC database.
Having to submit them like I'm already a criminal in the first place is my issue.

sailfish

Just be glad you never went into the military. My DNA is on file. What is physically traumatic about a DOT physical, though? I mean, the male doctors don't make me drop my drawers to do the hernia checks. The lady doctors are total meat gazers, but that's not all that traumatic.
Shouldn't have to be meatgazed for a :censored2:ing job either.

Is this a different new job, or are you doing work for a facility that requires security checks?
This is because of facilities with security checks. Specifically, schools. Which is complete bull:censored2: considering those kids are a bigger danger to me than I ever could be to them.

Whither

Scofflaw
This is because of facilities with security checks. Specifically, schools. Which is complete bull:censored2: considering those kids are a bigger danger to me than I ever could be to them.

There's big $$ in producing the illusion of safety. Cracks me up when I'm delivering to a school for the 5th day in a row. No dock or receiving area, so I ring the buzzer at the front door -- around here it's always the kind outfitted with a security cam. I stand in front of it for 30 seconds awaiting response, then have this kind of exchange with a secretary. "Who is it?" "UPS!" "Yes, what can I do for you?" "Please let me in, if you didn't see I have a cart full of deliveries for you all." Often there's 2 more sets of security doors to pass through.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Enjoy your double dose.
25FD3FBE-88A9-42CF-BAFC-2FD989A33587.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Shouldn't have to be meatgazed for a :censored2:ing job either.

The way I see it, if a woman spends 12+ years and 100's of thousands of dollars training to become a doctor, and then ends up doing industrial physicals for all her efforts, if she wants a little peep show to help her justify her life choices, it doesn't hurt me any to oblige.

You can rest somewhat assured that no one has ever proven that fingerprints are an infallible identification method. Often times matches are made based on just a few pattern matches, which can be challenged in court.

sailfish

The way I see it, if a woman spends 12+ years and 100's of thousands of dollars training to become a doctor, and then ends up doing industrial physicals for all her efforts, if she wants a little peep show to help her justify her life choices, it doesn't hurt me any to oblige.
No free admission to the show.

You can rest somewhat assured that no one has ever proven that fingerprints are an infallible identification method. Often times matches are made based on just a few pattern matches, which can be challenged in court.
Still burns my ass to have my personal physical attributes in a :censored2:ing database.