Which Stop Is Your Favorite One??

outta hours

We all have/had them. Could be a delivery stop, or a daily pickup. Thought it might be interesting to see what you think makes a good stop and why. Not the most serious of threads, but what the heck I'll go first.

When I was in pkg. my favorite one was a residential stop I had in a multi-million dollar area. The people got stuff everyday. It was usually around lunch time and the lady or man of the house would insist I come in and allow the maid/cook to prepare me lunch. Usually they had fancy stuff like you would see on the food network. No cold sandwiches here. They would be gone to Nantucket every year from May- Sept. But they insisted I could still come by and swim in their pool, and eat lunch since the staff was there year round.

They sent me $1500 every year in a Christmas card. They were just super nice people. Heck I've been off that route for years now, and I still get a card from them every Christmas with a check in it. Their current driver just asks me if my address has changed and reports back to the butler with my info.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We all have/had them. Could be a delivery stop, or a daily pickup. Thought it might be interesting to see what you think makes a good stop and why. Not the most serious of threads, but what the heck I'll go first.

When I was in pkg. my favorite one was a residential stop I had in a multi-million dollar area. The people got stuff everyday. It was usually around lunch time and the lady or man of the house would insist I come in and allow the maid/cook to prepare me lunch. Usually they had fancy stuff like you would see on the food network. No cold sandwiches here. They would be gone to Nantucket every year from May- Sept. But they insisted I could still come by and swim in their pool, and eat lunch since the staff was there year round.

They sent me $1500 every year in a Christmas card. They were just super nice people. Heck I've been off that route for years now, and I still get a card from them every Christmas with a check in it. Their current driver just asks me if my address has changed and reports back to the butler with my info.

I can understand why this is your favorite. WOW!

bigbrownhen

I have several that come to mind, but one that is always enjoyable is the Gun/Pawnshop on my route. It is a gathering point for several older gentlemen of the area. It reminds me of the feed store my Dad used to go to in my home town. Commonly refered to as "liars bench", all small towns seem to have one. I learned alot by listening to the older generations visit.

At this stop, there is alot of teasing and joking along with conversations on current events. Of course, it does them good to get a dose of feminine opinion on such things as well.

klein

Für Meno :)
My favorite stops was the last one of the day !
The one you been looking forward to all day.

When you finally have that last package on the truck. The one that means the most, and the happiness that comes along at that point.
All stress relieved... finally able to breath....

The 1 that gives you accomplishment for the day..... it's rewarding .

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
No doubt the the last stop. But, as of late as you know. Its not good enough on paper. Not that it matters. There are just days you feel good about the job you go do. On a given day. Then the next morning you come in and management says what happened yesterday? The life we live.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Any stop where a big friendly slobbery dog comes bounding out and jumps up into the cab to give me kisses and beg for a treat.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Any stop where a big friendly slobbery dog comes bounding out and jumps up into the cab to give me kisses and beg for a treat.

We are not allowed to give dogs treats. Ran too many over recently. My favorite stop is when I put my car in park in the driveway on Friday night.

My favorite stops was the last one of the day !
The one you been looking forward to all day.

When you finally have that last package on the truck. The one that means the most, and the happiness that comes along at that point.
All stress relieved... finally able to breath....

The 1 that gives you accomplishment for the day..... it's rewarding .

"Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got
Taking a break from all your worries sure would help a lot
Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go - where everybody knows your name
and they're always glad you came
You wanna be where you can see - our troubles are all the same
You wanna be where everybody knows your name

You wanna go where people know people are all the same
You wanna go where everybody knows your name"

That and a frosty brew and you`re all set.

Cementups

Box Monkey
MY favorite stop everyday, no matter what, is when I walk in my own front door and the kids yell, "Daddy!!!!"

On area, I have several, it just depends on the day. My overall best people are an odd couple and their two cats. We actually share a lot in common and have become great friends over the last few years. And to top it off, every year the cats give me Christmas presents. The one usually just draws pictures of me making deliveries whlie the other draws me a check from her foundation for the amount of $150.00. I love cats <3

brownedout

I'm with all who said in any incarnation the last stop. Delivery-wise, the nightmare is over for the day. Arriving home, another safe day, and I get to see my wife for a few precious moments, and look in on my beautiful children. Vacation can't come soon enough!