White UPS Worker Alleges He Was Fired to Appease Latino Employee

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
I think the whole racial slant angle is subjective. Kind of like when people say, "There aren't enough black cops!" Then a department comes out and says, "Where are the applicants? We'd hire em but they aren't applying!" The majority of people who apply for it are white, that's why its generational and white, not because they are actively keeping them out. So its a whole cycle, questions are more slanted towards generational, the generations of people who have been applying are white, so there for its racially biased. No it doesn't work like that. The test would be discriminatory towards blacks if they put questions in there specifically trying to keep blacks out. From what you provided in that article, they aren't. As I said anyone could learn that info. I guess it depends on how badly you wanted to be a firefighter.

MAKAVELI

I think the whole racial slant angle is subjective. Kind of like when people say, "There aren't enough black cops!" Then a department comes out and says, "Where are the applicants? We'd hire em but they aren't applying!" The majority of people who apply for it are white, that's why its generational and white, not because they are actively keeping them out. So its a whole cycle, questions are more slanted towards generational, the generations of people who have been applying are white, so there for its racially biased. No it doesn't work like that. The test would be discriminatory towards blacks if they put questions in there specifically trying to keep blacks out. From what you provided in that article, they aren't. As I said anyone could learn that info. I guess it depends on how badly you wanted to be a firefighter.
Again, the judge decided it was discriminatory. The info was not provided to anyone outside of the department.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i'm totally against affirmative action. The way I was brought up was "the best person for the job" period.

If you can't pass the test then study harder or go to the gym and shape up. I wouldn't want a 98 pound women try getting my 240 pound spouse out of a burning building when the only reason she got the job was because she was a minority or a women.

total BS.

and i saw it the other way the last couple years at UPS when most of the supes were latino or black and we saw what was going on. Not blind.

boy, will this open up a can of worms.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
i'm totally against affirmative action. The way I was brought up was "the best person for the job" period.

If you can't pass the test then study harder or go to the gym and shape up. I wouldn't want a 98 pound women try getting my 240 pound spouse out of a burning building when the only reason she got the job was because she was a minority or a women.

total BS.

and i saw it the other way the last couple years at UPS when most of the supes were latino or black and we saw what was going on. Not blind.

boy, will this open up a can of worms.
Kind of like this one story at UPS where a male driver had a female helper they were being paid the same but he was having to do more of the work, because she obviously couldn't lift as much. He complained and said he wasn't going to do it anymore so he got fired. They kept her and what did they do? Replaced him with another man that again had to do more work for same pay lol.

MAKAVELI

Kind of like this one story at UPS where a male driver had a female helper they were being paid the same but he was having to do more of the work, because she obviously couldn't lift as much. He complained and said he wasn't going to do it anymore so he got fired. They kept her and what did they do? Replaced him with another man that again had to do more work for same pay lol.
Cool story bro......

Mutineer

I know a lot of judgments that were made that weren't right. Depends on what judge it was and what way they slanted. Doesn't make it true.

It's gov't approved and enforced discrimination against white males. To use weasel-words and progressive sounding phrases to justify it's existence (or to deny it exists) is an exercise in semantics.

Wasn't so long ago there were laws on the books in this nation that specifically discriminated towards black people. And Native-Americans. And Japanese, etc. At one time, the Irish (some of the whitest people on Earth) in America were discriminated against. By guess who? White people!

Like Jim Crow laws, affirmative action laws will one day be a thing of the past. It would be interesting to see how much history will be revised (if much at all) in order to explain and look back on this time period. Because the victors ALWAYS write the history books.

Every identifiable group in this nation has or will get a ride on the 'victim of injustice merry-go-round.' Right now, it's whitey's turn. And this too, will pass.

Every delivery company I've worked for has been like this. Men are always lifting the heavy stuff for women. Heavy packages are diverted to routes that men are on, and women get the light stuff.

And it's exactly that way where I work now. The tired feminist mantra of "equal work for equal pay", (among many others) seems very silly when one observes the division of work between the sexes in the package delivery industry.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm not going to say women don't have to lift as much as guys do at UPS but I will say if you send 10 drivers up to a business carrying a big load of packages (5 guys and 5 girls) the people in the business will come running to open the door for the women but will stand there with their thumb up their butt while watching a guy struggle to open the door. Seen it happen many many times.

Waldo

It's gov't approved and enforced discrimination against white males. To use weasel-words and progressive sounding phrases to justify it's existence (or to deny it exists) is an exercise in semantics.

Wasn't so long ago there were laws on the books in this nation that specifically discriminated towards black people. And Native-Americans. And Japanese, etc. At one time, the Irish (some of the whitest people on Earth) in America were discriminated against. By guess who? White people!

Like Jim Crow laws, affirmative action laws will one day be a thing of the past. It would be interesting to see how much history will be revised (if much at all) in order to explain and look back on this time period. Because the victors ALWAYS write the history books.

Every identifiable group in this nation has or will get a ride on the 'victim of injustice merry-go-round.' Right now, it's whitey's turn. And this too, will pass.

Every delivery company I've worked for has been like this. Men are always lifting the heavy stuff for women. Heavy packages are diverted to routes that men are on, and women get the light stuff.

And it's exactly that way where I work now. The tired feminist mantra of "equal work for equal pay", (among many others) seems very silly when one observes the division of work between the sexes in the package delivery industry.

This also happens for loaders at my hub. Female loaders never have to put any bulk items into their trucks. They make me and a few other male loaders do it for them.