Who all is Ground or HD?

bbsam

Staff member
Setting prices for stops and packages, anual service charge, CSI and period safety incentive. Basically anything you get paid for.

bbsam

Staff member
If you are in the northeast though, it may be that the nondisclosure agreement came in subsequent waves of ISP transition. I don't think so though, because I remember before transitioning trying to find information on the ISP model and not being able to find any information whatsoever. The silence on the subject was deafening.

sjh

Setting prices for stops and packages, anual service charge, CSI and period safety incentive. Basically anything you get paid for.

Are you saying you negotiated those prices? Ours were set when we signed the contract, and all contractors in our terminal are paid the same (except core zones). We don't negotiate prices in any way.

bbsam

Staff member
Ah. Core zone. You are in an IC state so you won't have a nondisclosure agreement. And yes, ISPs negotiate those prices.

sjh

Ah. Core zone. You are in an IC state so you won't have a nondisclosure agreement. And yes, ISPs negotiate those prices.

Oh, I get it. I was thinking ISP was referencing multiple route owners. It's not, huh? What is the difference between the two?

STFXG

You're just learning what ISP is? You must've thoroughly researched the business you were getting in to...

sjh

You're just learning what ISP is? You must've thoroughly researched the business you were getting in to...

Considering we've owned routes since 2007 and the ISP model was introduced on the opposite side of the country in 2009, I'm not quite sure why or when I would need to research it.

bbsam

Staff member
Considering we've owned routes since 2007 and the ISP model was introduced on the opposite side of the country in 2009, I'm not quite sure why or when I would need to research it.
The ISP model is implemented in states where the legal obligations concerning classification of drivers as contractors is deemed a misclassification. STFXG is suggesting that before contracting with Fedex you would have researched the company and learned of the substantial legal challenges to the independent contractor model used by Ground...I think that's what he meant.

STFXG

Not only that, ISP info has been all over mygroundbiz for years. All of your terminal management knows what it is. Just very surprising you haven't heard of it until now.

Nick9075

We don't have the ISP model in the NYC area I don't think but as I have always said the NYC area is almost like a different planet compared to the rest of the country especially with the way business is done and what people will say and not say. I am from the area and have family but I think I am automatically disliked by the terminal mgmt because I live out of state and just at the terminal few days a month and the previous contractor is managing the route but they knew this when I signed the contract.

sjh

Not only that, ISP info has been all over mygroundbiz for years. All of your terminal management knows what it is. Just very surprising you haven't heard of it until now.

I suppose it is surprising. Hmmm. I don't log into mygroundbiz...that's my husband. I drive for peak, edit all his paperwork, decal trucks with him, do mechanic runs, help with payroll and making the big financial decisions...and, gasp, bake cinnamon rolls for his drivers. I avoid management whenever possible as one manager seems to have it out for me. Doesn't think I should be allowed in his little terminal driving big trucks or something, but little does he know I don't think I should be there either. Ha. My husband's heard of it (I just asked) but didn't think it was a big deal for us in Cali. The only time he's ever talked to anyone about it was during a phone call from a guy in Maine who wanted to buy in. I'm aware of the Estrada case, and the lawsuits FedEx has faced. Very aware of the debate regarding IC vs employees. We got in literally at the EXACT same time FedEx demanded multi-route ownership. Literally....exact same time. But transitioning to ISP wasn't even an option yet, so I guess I never had a need to know. But thanks for pointing out my ignorance so kindly. I can tell you're quite the gentleman. :wink2: