Who delivers your EAM's

jj48

Just trying to get an idea who delivers EAM's in other buildings.
Do they use combo drivers or do they have part time bid air drivers? Do they use Cover drivers of full time package drivers

Box_Junkie

usually us full time drivers, unless theres alot of them or one way outta the way. in that case a full time air driver will take a couple

30andout

They try to get the regular drivers out early so they can get them. I started early today to get one and got chewed out after I was rushed out of the building early for not taking all of my load. The sort wasn't even done when I was told to leave. Guess I wont be doing that any more they can get someone else.

SmithBarney

EAMs NDA etc... all go on the regular drivers..
we had no air drivers. just Saturday air drivers(2)

Rumor has it that we had Air Drivers about 6 years ago..
sure would have been nice...

mis_load

In our center we use Combo Drivers and Cover drivers that don't drive everyday. Its the only way we can get them deliver on time everyday.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Where I am at, one of the Atlanta Hubs, I deliver EAMs. I bid on it a year ago, and two hours worth of work was taken off my regular route. We use eight full-time drivers and one Preloader, we have no combo jobs in our building. I start at 6:30 AM, and get off at 5 PM, when I hit nine-five. We only use PT air drivers to make late pickups.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Our fulltime drivers bid start times and the ones that bid 7am times run teh EAM's. I usually run my own though since my air commit time is 12pm, making my EAM commit 10am.

Overpaid Union Thug

We are are a combination of everything said so far. LOL. We are one of those centers that has a combo worker that is SUPPOSED to deliver air, to include EAMs, after preload but never does. Usually the EAMs are run by full-timers but sometimes a p/t cover driver working on preload will get them. When that happens they usually end up helping deliver regular NDAs too. Allot of our full-time drivers try and walk in the buildin right at start time to avoid being asked to run EAMs and the most of the ones that come in early refuse to.

crystal_ball

It is considered "extra work" in our center. All full time drivers*. You are called in senority order. You have to be on the list to be called. They usually call at 6am or a little after to start at 730. *Except there are a couple bid runs in our center that have EAMs built in to their runs. On those runs, if the bid driver is off, a cover or swing driver takes it even though he has less senority.

Some days if you are called in, you can get as much as 13 hours. FWIW, the proctologist for our mgmt team stays busy because they get reocurrent injuries that have to be treated. I know that alot of the feeder drivers at the local hub arent happy unless they get 59.9999999999999 hours a week. It must be true when feeder drivers say they work for a different company. In pkg, that just wears you down, especially in the summer heat. I did almost 2600 hours last year.

I guess alot of it depends on commit times in each area or zip code. They know whats coming in and if something is not on the list when the air shuttle driver is at the airport, he is suppose to call the center so they can call another driver from the list. Sometimes they just get an air driver and thats when grievences are won.

Fredless

APWA Hater
Mostly full time drivers in seniority order, then the 22.3 air drivers. Used to have bid air drivers 2 years ago, then they took all of those jobs.

jj48

they tried using Full time package drivers but I think they stoped doing it because they had trouble getting back to start their route on time-centers wouldn't pull anything
off their route. At our bldg we use 20-25 drivers and average
8-10 stops each. Its always been a Bid Air Job then as we needed more drivers the created combo positions

browniehound

Where I am at, one of the Atlanta Hubs, I deliver EAMs. I bid on it a year ago, and two hours worth of work was taken off my regular route. We use eight full-time drivers and one Preloader, we have no combo jobs in our building. I start at 6:30 AM, and get off at 5 PM, when I hit nine-five. We only use PT air drivers to make late pickups.

What a life! Scratch, I want your job:thumbup1: