Who has injuries?

Notretiredyet

Had a PT sup break my big toe years ago during a lift/load demo when a chunk of steel blew out the side of the package he was lifting. When he asked if I was alright, I smiled and said I think you broke my toe. He then said, why are you smiling? Told him I was going to spend the rest of the summer at the lake nursing my toe. That's what I did.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
16 years in 9 days. I lost a few days to a twisted ankle. That's the only injury time off. I've twisted a few things in my day and just took a day or two off. I haven't had a serious injury (from work anyway) in probably 10 years. I had a knee scope from volleyball once but I did that at the beginning of my vacation and was back to work the Monday after. Stiff as hell, but back to work.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Rolled my ankle when I was a rookie. Cut my finger in inside of bulk door edge where it closes. That can get sharp as a razor. Had a back surgery that was "off the job" . But it worked out for the best. Had I herniated those disk while working, workmans comp. would have had me off a long time before surgery. I was off only 2 months total. Back to work 4 weeks after surgery.

Hoping feeders will be less wear and tear on the body. Biggest danger will be getting fat. Some guys I know who we're in pkgs years ago now look like the pilsbury dough boy and the Michelin man.

It's all about diet and exercise. I eat less and work out more now than I ever did in package car. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing catch up (I'm 46), but I feel healthier than ever. I've got a great recipe for kale shakes that any package car driver would be fond of.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've had lost time injuries twice. Both were my lower back. Strains. Nowadays I have pain so bad it would leave a lot of people crippled in pain. I'm so used to it that I just deal with it and carry on. Sometimes even just standing straight up is the worst pain in the world. I sometimes count downt hte days till my next chiro appointment .

Indecisi0n

It's all about diet and exercise. I eat less and work out more now than I ever did in package car. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing catch up (I'm 46), but I feel healthier than ever. I've got a great recipe for kale shakes that any package car driver would be fond of.

I use to be a gym rat (5 days a week,2 hr sessions). Now not so much if at all with this job. I understand the importance of rest and recovery and I feel our bodies get beat up all week so the weekend is great for rest and recovery but I do miss the gym and am going to get back. I just don't want to overtrain my body.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I use to be a gym rat (5 days a week,2 hr sessions). Now not so much if at all with this job. I understand the importance of rest and recovery and I feel our bodies get beat up all week so the weekend is great for rest and recovery but I do miss the gym and am going to get back. I just don't want to overtrain my body.

Working out is much easier with my feeder hours.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
20 years..26 injuries. No lost time. All very minor and we were trained to report every injury no matter how small.

But now it seems that management really gets pissed off if anybody reports anything.

The worst was just after I passed probation and the center manager directed me to take a car that I couldn't fit into. The next day I reported the injury (severely sprained knee) and the company doctor wrote a letter instructing management never to repeat that mistake.

Since then they've all been "info only" but management sure gets hot about them.

rorojo

seven years,sprained ankle, severed thumb with back doors on a p6 last June. Doctor was able to save it no lost time back to work two two days later TAW shuttling for 3 months.

Scoot

24 years, 6 dog bites, 2 carpal tunnel surgeries, 1 hernia surgery and more cortisone shots in my feet for plantar fasciitis than I can count.

Aside from all that I feel great.

upschick95

17 years and 6 injuries. Only one lost time, broken ankle. Doctor said it was in the worst place you could break an ankle. Guess he was right, took 6 months.

Turmlos

11.5 years. I've dislocated my patella (kneecap) twice. I was out for a week the first time and was back the next day the second.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Worst I did was hit my head on an old p50, hit my head on the latches on the swinging doors. Ouch. I bleed bad on that one, walked into a stop on the area thinking I would clean up the wound. Turns out I was covered in blood and they freaked out, kind of funny looking back at it.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Worst I did was hit my head on an old p50, hit my head on the latches on the swinging doors. Ouch. I bleed bad on that one, walked into a stop on the area thinking I would clean up the wound. Turns out I was covered in blood and they freaked out, kind of funny looking back at it.

Ahhhh, that reminds me of a similar injury of mine. This was a while back when I was still slinging boxes in trailers. I was hopping up into a drop-frame pup with all of the flaps down. My head proceeded to collide with the fan/blower that was installed at the top corner of the bay door. Hurt like hell, but I got over it and continued to load. It was hotter than hell that day and I was already drenched from head to toe. I did not feel the stream of blood running down the back of my head, down my neck and back. I was wearing a white tank top that day, and had my supervisor not seen the stain, I would have never have known until I got home. He was kind of freaking out. So I proceed to the bathroom and got to see the damage. There was a triangular blood stain almost the width of the top of the shirt that narrowed down to about the width of a 2x4 at the bottom. More stain half-way down my ass.

Who knows how much blood that was, but I felt fine. I did not need stitches either. Wish I took a picture of it....was pretty horrific. But your head bleeds like crazy anyway.....

I also did not report it like some people here probably would because I'm not a big p*ssy.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I had a friend that had to climb up a crows nest to break a jam in a corner...apparently he smashed his head into a cross beam really good because he came down the belt with the volume like an irreg. Honestly, the maroon shoulda locked out the belt. He went home and never returned...haha.