Who has injuries?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I also did not report it like some people here probably would because I'm not a big p*ssy.

Up until now I had a lot of respect for you and your posts.

Reporting injuries has nothing to do with whether you are a p*ssy or not. What would have happened if your injury, which appeared to be minor, turned out to be more significant than you thought and you required medical treatment? It is best to report all injuries, no matter how minor, intentional or unintentional, just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

menotyou

bella amicizia

Reporting injuries has nothing to do with whether you are a p*ssy or not. What would have happened if your injury, which appeared to be minor, turned out to be more significant than you thought and you required medical treatment? It is best to report all injuries, no matter how minor, just to be on the safe side.
The best advice ever.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro

Reporting injuries has nothing to do with whether you are a p*ssy or not. What would have happened if your injury, which appeared to be minor, turned out to be more significant than you thought and you required medical treatment? It is best to report all injuries, no matter how minor, intentional or unintentional, just to be on the safe side.

Simma down, simma down! I reckon my sarcasm wasn't portrayed obviously enough. I guess I can see that reading it now.

It's true, I DIDN'T report it, I insisted on finishing and that I was fine. And I was. But that was within my first year, and I didn't want to 'tarnish' my record, as I had upward intentions. Trust me, the line the hot brunette with big boobs highlighted in red and enlarged is the same thing I preach to my employees day after day.

Don't judge me at my subtle attempts to troll "I" back....:peaceful:

Nimnim

The Nim
8 years, 5 stitches on the back of the hand. Punched metal edge came down on me from about 6 inches, clear to the bone. Was given a 97% safety rating after 2 weeks of observation after I was released to full duty. Still want to beat the FT safety sup with a chair for how he talked to me and how he treated the PT safety sup who handled things. Oh well. Going through any career injury free is a godsend, most of us are just not that lucky.

Pain killers a no,no. But has anybody gone back to work on other meds? I know of an old coworker who thinks he can come back to work on blood thinners. I don't think it's a good idea, but I'm not a doctor. Anybody had an experience or know of one. He states that he is only risking his own health and not putting anyone else at risk. He feels his income and health insurance is worth the risk.

Nimnim

The Nim
Pain killers a no,no. But has anybody gone back to work on other meds? I know of an old coworker who thinks he can come back to work on blood thinners. I don't think it's a good idea, but I'm not a doctor. Anybody had an experience or know of one. He states that he is only risking his own health and not putting anyone else at risk. He feels his income and health insurance is worth the risk.

It would depend on what work they do. I'm not sure what kinda complications would arise from blood thinners, but this is the kinda thing you do talk with the prescribing doctor about. Ask them if the standard duties of your job would be a problem with the medication. Just saying you work for UPS doesn't work as there's so many different things that you can do there that it can be a problem without narrowing it down. Like the physical stress is much different for a clerk than it is a PC driver.

Last edited:

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I was also 19 and knew everything.....

People grow, and people change.

Yeah, well it bares repeating. You gain NOTHING by not reporting an injury. Even if you plan on going up. You only lose. Maybe a few people will read your comments and not make the same mistake.