Who is Obama

Read the whole page. I'll help you out, look in the middle column for a heading that says:
'Support iCasualties
Iraqi Security Forces and Civilian Deaths Details'

Adding the per month totals of Iraqi deaths, civilian and security forces, totals 3908 for the first six months of 2008.

The military deaths for the first six months totals 214. US deaths YTD are 269. This doesn't count wounded, as I'm sure you are well aware.

Of course the 236 coalition force deaths in thew forgotten war (Afghanistan) are not included.

Civilian deaths are undercounted, and are based on actual body counts, not 'disappeared' persons.

Facts confuse you?

av8torntn

Read the whole page. I'll help you out, look in the middle column for a heading that says:
'Support iCasualties
Iraqi Security Forces and Civilian Deaths Details'

Adding the per month totals of Iraqi deaths, civilian and security forces, totals 3908 for the first six months of 2008.

I understand why you feel the need to add the Iraqi deaths to the original number. It is because you must feel there is some validity to the email.

The fact still remains that there were 443 murders in Chicago in 2007.

wkmac

Who is Obama?

Hmmmm! Let me see! Well you could say! Then again!

Maybe instead, the question should be Who is Saul Alinsky?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The initial topic of this thread was "WHO IS OBAMA"?

I can say who OBAMA is very clearly. Despite all the slander, name calling, reminders that he is black, claims that he is muslim or arabic, connected to terrorists and thieves, wont wear a flag pin, does'nt salute the flag and all the other right wing propaganda aimed at "swift Boating" him...

Obama is going to be the next president of the United States hands down.

Link of electoral map
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/

NO CANDIDATE SINCE DEWEY HELD THE LEAD IN THE POLLS GOING INTO AN ELECTION AT THIS POINT IN AN ELECTION AND LOST!

The polls are telling the story. McCain is falling like a rock. Sarah Palin turned out to be the poison pill that sunk his navy campaign ship of fools!

link:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

There are big money bets on this campaign:
Intrade Political 'Securities'PercentageUS$ TradedBarack Obama to win 2008 US Presidential Election 68.0% $7.8M John McCain to win 2008 US Presidential Election 32.3% $7.5M

Does'nt look like McCain is a favorite here either!

Say what you want, post what you want, slander all you can, name call Obama for the next 4 weeks, it will not matter.

Its all over but the crying!

Barack Hussein Obama will be the next President of the United States of America and you can all thank the Republican party for this honor.

8 years of horrible leadership
8 years of war mongering
8 years of lies
8 years of gouging the american public on gas
8 years of protecting the most greedy of all americans
8 years of foreign policy failures
8 years of corrupt party members who ended up in prison
8 years of failed domestic policies aka KATRINA
8 years of the transference of wealth

The Majority of Americans are being heard now, the polls in each state say so. No disputing that. Those who cling to the glimmer of hope for McCain will be the last to accept reality.

That's who Obama is.

over9five

Staff member
C'mon, Brownshark!

In the same post that you whine about Obama being victim to namecalling, you do the same to McCain!!

Poison pill, ship of fools. Why is it alright for Democrats to namecall, but not Republicans?

tieguy

Banned
Geez, Is everything you post a copy and paste of someone else's misinformation?

So far this year there there have been about 1000 soldiers and police killed in Iraq. The civilian death toll from violence has been averaging about 28 deaths/day.

whats the civilan death toll in the united states?

tieguy

Banned

I can say who OBAMA is very clearly. Despite all the slander, name calling, reminders that he is black, claims that he is muslim or arabic, connected to terrorists and thieves, wont wear a flag pin, does'nt salute the flag and all the other right wing propaganda aimed at "swift Boating" him...

Obama is going to be the next president of the United States hands down.

Link of electoral map
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/

NO CANDIDATE SINCE DEWEY HELD THE LEAD IN THE POLLS GOING INTO AN ELECTION AT THIS POINT IN AN ELECTION AND LOST!

The polls are telling the story. McCain is falling like a rock. Sarah Palin turned out to be the poison pill that sunk his navy campaign ship of fools!

link:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html

There are big money bets on this campaign:
Intrade Political 'Securities'PercentageUS$ TradedBarack Obama to win 2008 US Presidential Election 68.0% $7.8M John McCain to win 2008 US Presidential Election 32.3% $7.5M

Does'nt look like McCain is a favorite here either!

Say what you want, post what you want, slander all you can, name call Obama for the next 4 weeks, it will not matter.

Its all over but the crying!

Barack Hussein Obama will be the next President of the United States of America and you can all thank the Republican party for this honor.

8 years of horrible leadership
8 years of war mongering
8 years of lies
8 years of gouging the american public on gas
8 years of protecting the most greedy of all americans
8 years of foreign policy failures
8 years of corrupt party members who ended up in prison
8 years of failed domestic policies aka KATRINA
8 years of the transference of wealth

The Majority of Americans are being heard now, the polls in each state say so. No disputing that. Those who cling to the glimmer of hope for McCain will be the last to accept reality.

That's who Obama is.

If you're right it he will be the first president created and elected by the media starting with Oprah Winfrey and followed through by the rock star hype the media has presented since.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Reality is reality. I know its hard to accept when you had your hopes set so high for John McCain and Sarah Palin. Now I see the focus is going to be on the Media electing the next president, not the disastrous 8 years under Republican control.

Face facts, the majority of the American Public are not going to elect a Republican this time around. Game over. Sure, there are those diehard supporters who will vote for McCain even though it means hurting themselves (some call it principle) but this election so far is looking like a bigger blowout than the Time Sen Dole tried to run for office.

Take a look at the electoral numbers for Dole/Kemp:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=13

Now take a look at the projections for Obama/Biden as of today:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/maps/obama_vs_mccain/?map=5

The consensus is relatively the same, Blowout!

The economy is front and center now, All the bashing by the conservatives in the media has failed to swing this election. No swift boating this time around.

Like the saying goes: Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me. People are not that dumb anymore.

Even Rassmussen reports, the Fox news run polling company has John McCain losing big time. They dont even bother trying to make it close anymore cause it was causing them to lose credibility keepng the race a tie.

UPS Lifer

CHICAGO

Body count. In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in

Chicago , 221 killed in Iraq.

Sens. Barack Obama & Dick Durbin, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., Gov. Rod Blogojevich, House leader Mike Madigan, Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan, Mayor Richard Daley.....our leadership in Illinois .....all Democrats.

Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago . Of course they're all

blaming each other. Can't blame Republicans, there aren't any!

State pension fund $44 Billion in debt, worst in country. Cook

County (Chicago) sales tax 10.25% highest in country

Chicago school system one of the worst in country. This is the

political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois . He's gonna "fix"

Washington politics? ___________________________________

You keep coping and pasting ... it is always good stuff!

UPS Lifer

If you're right it he will be the first president created and elected by the media starting with Oprah Winfrey and followed through by the rock star hype the media has presented since.

Tie,
You know another stumbling point to the "Pull Out" theory that BO keeps talking about in Iraq is that we have troops all over the world and in some countries such as Germany and Japan just to name two. These troops have been there since WWII.

I don't understand why this has not been emphasized by McCain in any of the debates or town hall meetings so far. Our bases are strategic points for defense in these countries and I don't see us pulling out of Iraq and losing a strategic advantage there. I don't understand why people can't look forward and see that losing a strategic advantage of US operations causes us to weaken our world position?

UPS Lifer

I thought this was an interesting article from the National Taxpayers Union:

https://web.archive.org/web/2008101....org/main/press.php?PressID=1051&org_name=NTU

Great Article to make a point. I saw an interview on camera in Ohio, 2 days ago. This "non-partisan volunteer was picking homeless people up and shuttling them to the voter registration center. She was asked by the reporter if she was telling them who to vote for. She stated 3 times that she would tell them to vote for Obama until someone off camera told her to shut up and get over here!

This is illegal, unethical and the worst type of voter fraud. It is similar to the ACORN practices mentioned in the article.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Marine and Mr Obama..........

One sunny day in 2009 an old man approached the White House
from across Pennsylvania Avenue , where he'd been sitting on a
park bench.

He spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said, 'I
would like to go in and meet with President Obama.'

The Marine looked at the man and said, 'Sir, Mr. Obama
didn't win the election and he is not the president.'

The old man said, 'Okay' and walked away.

The following day, the same man approached the White House
and said to the same Marine, 'I would like to go in and meet with President
Obama.'

The Marine again told the man, 'Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Obama
didn't win and he is NOT the president.'

The man thanked him and, again, just walked away.

The third day, the same man approached the White House and
spoke to the very same U. S. Marine, saying 'I would like to go in and
meet with President Obama.'

The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked
at the man and said, 'Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been
here asking to speak to Mr. Obama. I've told you already that Mr. Obama
did not win the election and he is NOT the president. Don't you
understand?'

The old man looked at the Marine and said, 'Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it.'

The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, 'See you tomorrow.'

A Taxpayer voting for Obama is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.

Poor People have been voting for Democrats
for the last 50 years ... and they are still poor.

Sir Charles Barkley

diesel96

The marine was just being sympathetic to the old man....:wheelchaifor the old man was a confused Social Security and medicare recipient John McCain.

More.....do you even know who Charles Barkley Is ?.....And who dubbed him Sir ? Dennis Rodman....lol

A little bio on him...
Barkley, a Leeds native, has been talking about running for governor of his home state since he was playing with the NBA's Phoenix Suns. In 1995, he said he was considering running in 1998 as a Republican but that never materialized.
After that, Barkley continued to identify himself as a Republican until recently, when he switched to the Democratic team.
"I was a Republican until they lost their minds," he said earlier this month at a celebrity golf tournament in Nevada.
"Sir Charles" reinforced that Tuesday while speaking to a convention of public school board members in Destin, Fla.
"What I've said is I'm rich like a Republican. But I'm not one," Barkley said in remarks reported by The Birmingham News.

Might wanna update his position....:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
You want to know if I know who the "round mound of rebound" is??? I'm from a Stockton/Malone era, so I definitely know who Charles is. (Go Suns)

tieguy

Banned
Reality is reality. I know its hard to accept when you had your hopes set so high for John McCain and Sarah Palin. Now I see the focus is going to be on the Media electing the next president, not the disastrous 8 years under Republican control.

Interesting argument I suppose. Vote for Obama who did nothing during his 4 years in congress because the last 8 years sucked.
certainly a compelling reason to vote for him.:happy-very:

I wonder who has had control of congress the last 4 years as the economy went from very good to disaterous. shhh don't talk about that.

I can say who OBAMA is very clearly. Despite all the slander, connected to terrorists and thieves

The sad thing is that this is true, therefore it is not slander. I believe you are what company you keep. Again please try to use facts in your arguments.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Its surprising to hear all the sour grapes BEFORE the election is over, but I understand that reality is setting in.

Reading thru the threads, while unflattering, you all are at least coming to realize Barack H. Obama is going to win this election.

Argueing otherwise is just a waste of time now.

Just today, John McCain was BOOOED by his republican crowd of supporters for asking for the rhetoric to tone down at the rallies and to be respectful of Barack Obama.

Just like in a lopsided football game, down by 6 touchdowns to the oakland raiders and only 2 minutes left in the game and no plays to win the game.

Too bad the republican party chose to play games with their electorate when they engaged in "operation moronic" in the primaries and failed to place a qualified candidate on the ballot. Rather than taking a look at the direction of the country at the time (like the democrats were) the republican machine did all they could to kill the campaigns of Romney, Guiliani, Thompson and Huckabee and now you're stuck with a decrepid old man who has flipped flopped twice as much as John Kerry.

Now, they are stuck with what they elected and as an added bonus, they took a house wife straight out of bumFnoplace and tanked their chances at winning this election.

Further, an Alaska investigative panel just ruled Sarah Palin abused her power as governor and this 3 weeks before the election.

Dont hate OBAMA because of the lack of foresight of the republican base.

Blame yourselves, you supported it.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I wonder who has had control of congress the last 4 years as the economy went from very good to disaterous. shhh don't talk about that.

Seems a little fact check is in order for this statement. Distortion is the biggest tool for the republican base this year and this statement is no different.

The 110th congress took office on January 4th 2007. Nancy Pelosi was sworn in as the first female speaker. The democrats of the 110th congress majority have had power for exactly 1 year 9 months.

Not 4 years as this poster would have you believe.

The republicans have held power of both houses from January 1992 till december 2006.

Knowledge can be your friend if you just learn to repeat it factually. No need to "wonder" now who had control over what and when.

over9five

Staff member
The 110th congress took office on January 4th 2007. Nancy Pelosi was sworn in as the first female speaker. The democrats of the 110th congress majority have had power for exactly 1 year 9 months.

Hmmm,, so you're saying that when the Republicans had control the markets were fine, but the Democrats then took control and the markets slid into the mess they're in now.