Who is Obama

Seems a little fact check is in order for this statement. Distortion is the biggest tool for the republican base this year and this statement is no different.

The 110th congress took office on January 4th 2007. Nancy Pelosi was sworn in as the first female speaker. The democrats of the 110th congress majority have had power for exactly 1 year 9 months.

Not 4 years as this poster would have you believe.

The republicans have held power of both houses from January 1992 till december 2006.

Knowledge can be your friend if you just learn to repeat it factually. No need to "wonder" now who had control over what and when.

WOW.... there has been a lot of damage in that one 1 year and 9 months.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Do you two need some kleenex?

Why dont each of you post all the legislation you believe the democrats passed (in 1 year 9 months) that led to the collapse of the stock market.

Please educate us all.

over9five

Staff member

Why dont each of you post all the legislation you believe the democrats passed (in 1 year 9 months) that led to the collapse of the stock market.

Please educate us all.

I would say it's what they didn't do, BS. They passed no legislation to STOP the collapse. They did ZERO. They were in control, why didn't they see this coming and do something, ANYTHING to prevent it???

They were in control, they did nothing, and they know they did nothing. Now all they can do is whine and cry that it was all George Bush's fault. When you have control of Congress, you can't blame a lame duck President for this! I would have a small amount of respect for the Democrats if they would take their rightful share of the blame.

I hope you're a little more educated now...

Please educate us all.

The whole Fannie, Freddie mess is because of the failed policies of the democratic party. (Lack of oversight) Altough the Republicans should have pushed more.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I would say it's what they didn't do, BS. They passed no legislation to STOP the collapse. They did ZERO. They were in control, why didn't they see this coming and do something, ANYTHING to prevent it???

They were in control, they did nothing, and they know they did nothing. Now all they can do is whine and cry that it was all George Bush's fault. When you have control of Congress, you can't blame a lame duck President for this! I would have a small amount of respect for the Democrats if they would take their rightful share of the blame.

I hope you're a little more educated now...

Then I guess from this post you are admitting that the republican controlled houses caused this mess, and you expected the democrats to not only detect the impending failures, but to also correct the wrongs of 15 years of republican failures?

HUH?

over9five

Staff member
Please post all the steps that the Democrats took to stop this crash from happening in the two years that they've had power.

Please remember that this happened while Democrats had control. The markets were fine when Republicans had control. I only have to look at my 401k to see that.

Even if all these problems were caused by Republicans (yeah, right!), I'm asking you what the Democrats have done to correct this in the past two years, and if nothing, why not!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
nine5,

I dont see the need to argue. This election is over by all accounts. Just waiting for the time to pass..

The facts are the facts, the republican controlled white house, congress and senate under BUSH Failed the american public.

To believe that 1 year and 9 months is enough time to uncover the impending financial doom destined to hit our country was realistic, then I cannot argue with you.

It took 3 years for the truth to come out and prove the pre iraqi war intel was phoney and a farse, but you expected the dems to discover all the wrong doings of the republican party over a 15 year period?

Please. just cast your vote and stop the arguing.

nine5,

I dont see the need to argue. This election is over by all accounts. Just waiting for the time to pass..

The facts are the facts, the republican controlled white house, congress and senate under BUSH Failed the american public.

To believe that 1 year and 9 months is enough time to uncover the impending financial doom destined to hit our country was realistic, then I cannot argue with you.

It took 3 years for the truth to come out and prove the pre iraqi war intel was phoney and a farse, but you expected the dems to discover all the wrong doings of the republican party over a 15 year period?

Our economic problems came from Clinton (with good intentions.) And the cover up of the democrats in congress supporting the criminal activity of Franklin Raines.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I can see there isnt enough "koolaid" antidote to convince you otherwise so I will just accept your opinions and not post in this thread any more.

tieguy

Banned
nine5,

congress is controlled by the republicans? congress and senate?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 3:59 AM

-

Good to remember on voting day. Do we want a president who doesn't "take sides" for America ?

Perhaps there are SOME out there who are beginning to get 'the picture'. The following is a narrative taken from Sunday Morning's televised 'Meet The Press'. and the author is employed by none other than the Washington Post!! Yeah......the Washington Post of New York and Los Angeles Times fame!! Must say that I'm dually impressed..................

From Sunday's Televised 'Meet the Press' Senator Obama was asked

about his stance on the American Flag. Obama Explains National Anthem Stance

Sun, 07 Sept. 2008 11:48:04 EST, General Bill Ginn' USAF (ret.) asked Obama
to explain why he doesn't follow protocol when the National Anthem is played.

The General also stated to the Senator that according to the United States Code,

Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171... During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform are expected to stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. At the very least, 'Stand and Face It'

Senator Obama Live on Sunday states, 'As I've said about the flag pin, I don't want to be perceived as taking sides, Obama said. 'There are a lot of people in the world to whom the American flag is a symbol of oppression. And the anthem itself conveys a war-like message. You know, the bombs bursting in air and all. It should be swapped for something less parochial and less bellicose. I like the song 'I'd Like To Teach the World To Sing.' If that were our anthem, then I might salute it.'We should consider to reinvent our National Anthem as well as to redesign our Flag to better offer our enemies hope and love. It's my intention, if elected, to disarm America to the level of acceptance to our Middle East Brethren. If we as a Nation of warring people, should conduct ourselves as the nations of Islam, whereas peace prevails. Perhaps a state or period of mutual concord between our governments. When I become President, I will seek a pact or agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity, and a freedom from disquieting oppressive thoughts. We as a Nation have placed upon the nations of Islam an unfair injustice. My wife disrespects the Flag for many personal reasons. Together she and I have attended several flag burning ceremonies in the past, many years ago. She has her views and I have mine'. Of course now, I have found myself about to become the President of the United States and I have put aside my hatred. I will use my power to bring CHANGE to this Nation, and offer the people a new path of hope. My wife and I look forward to becoming our Country's First Family. Indeed, CHANGE is about to overwhelm the United States of America .

WHAAAAAAAT the Hell !!!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you heard it right. This could possibly be our next President.

I, for one, am speechless.

Dale Lindsborg,

WashingtonPost

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This Blog post has been removed from the site. You can find more McCainSpace Blog posts here.

Moreluck, the McCain campaign now has this statement on there campaign website relating to the exact message in its entirety that you posted. THEY REMOVED IT BECAUSE ITS NOT TRUE!

This chain email that you posted was debunked along time ago. This is the exact problem with America today.

The internet has turned into an avenue of hate and false information designed to change minds. The RNC is solely responsible for the most hatred chain emails followed by numerous republican groups on behalf of John McCain.

The email you posted is completely false and its contents rebuked by NBC and Meet the Press. This is a simple "fact check", as the transcripts for all shows is available.

You got suckered into the hype moreluck and its a sad thing to watch.

The reporter mentioned in the chain email (Dale Lindsborg) is not and has never been a member of the washington post.

The Washington post has also rebuked this story.

I would recommend this, if you recieve a mass email that has been forwarded, its probably and most likely untrue. You are recieving them because you are a registered republican and the groups who are targeting them send this type of untrue nonsense to you to control you.

Remember, there is one type of brainwashing that works well on people, If you repeat something enough times (even though untrue) eventually people will begin to believe it.

There are three things in the design of this chain email that gave it legitimacy for you.

1) The use of the name WASHINGTON POST
2) The use of the name MEET THE PRESS
3) An identity- Dale Lindsborg (who doesnt exist)

The rest was pure fabrication and designed to "inflame" your hatred by reaching your patriotism.

Moreluck, I would recommend using better judgement next time you recieve one of these hate-mails.

over9five

Staff member
So, TOS, as an AMERICAN, why doesn't Obama place his hand over his heart and why was it he wouldn't wear a flag pin (like every other Senator)?

tieguy

Banned
So, TOS, as an AMERICAN, why doesn't Obama place his hand over his heart and why was it he wouldn't wear a flag pin (like every other Senator)?

A minor flaw of his terrorist training. He will soon recieve a brainwashing treatment and become a gun toting, god fearing lover of america.:happy-very:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Since when is a flag pin (made in china) a standard requirement for all elected officials?

What does it prove? Do you wear a flag pin everyday? I dont.

How many people do you know that wear a flag pin( made in china) everyday to prove patriotism?

Let the propaganda go, people with an average intelligence dont vote on a issue like flag pins.

over9five

Staff member
Have you really checked those pins to see where they're made??? Regardless, it's a global economy, you know. Are you saying it's wrong to show pride in your country? Why isn't Obama proud of his country? I want my President to be proud of his country.

Why won't he place his hand over his heart? I would, as I'm sure most AMERICANS would. Why won't Obama? Why does he disrespect his country?