who makes the best drivers?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Skipped all the BS. How can we measure how good a driver is when the only numbers we care about are those on our paycheck?
Those that get everything delivered/attempted and bring it back to the hub safely are the best. Runner gunners eventually go too fast, cutting corners, get hurt or hurt someone else. Slugs abusing the system, stealing time, and just aren't cut out will get weeded out eventually.

S

serenity now

Had you ever served you would understand the pride I have for having served.

well, i'm not a Warrior like you, nor do i have Star Spangled eyes

my guess is that if you were from a different era: Korea-forgotten / Vietnam-despised, you might not have such a quick draw on your pride

......... but i could be wrong

Cementups

Box Monkey

my guess is that if you were from a different era: Korea-forgotten / Vietnam-despised, you might not have such a quick draw on your pride

I would leave this alone. If you have never served in the military then you will never know the mindset or sacrifice of those who have. I never have but I know it's one of those lines you shouldn't cross.

Big Babooba

Had you ever served you would understand the pride I have for having served.
And I thank you for your service. I too planned on entering the Air Force when I graduated from high school. My father (who had flown aboard B24s in Europe during WW2) BEGGED me not to enlist. I honored his wish and sometimes regret it to this day.

UPSGUY72

We have a full time preload. The company's position was that the best preloaders were former drivers. They were right! I found that the best preloaders were drivers who didn't want to drive anymore. Years ago, If you bid preload, you had to spend 30 days driving before you could get the job. Of course PAS has changed that.

They should still have that rule or at the least they need to ride around with the a driver for a day. It amazes me at what some preloaders are thinking when they loading a package car over an 8 hr period. Some of them have it down to a science other on the other hand are lucky if they get the package in correct section of the correct car.

UPSGUY72

The best drivers are the ones that show up to work and get the job done. They are the one that you don't have to continue to bail out all the time. They are the one that by some magical explanation seem to stay out of trouble....

Being a driver isn't hard the the hardest part for some drivers is just realizing that they are adult and have to take responsibility for there action.....

stink219

The best drivers are the ones that show up to work and get the job done.
The first part is dead on. Good drivers know their collective bargaining right. A good driver shows up ready to work everyday. Demands his 8 hours. The second part I left alone just because I don't recognize performance as a condition of employment. But I know thats not what you meant by it. It was a good post!

raceanoncr

IMO, and I know some read this and know who I am but I'll say it anyway, almost all P/Ters that were brot straight into feeders some time back at OUR hub. There was a time when NOBOBY wanted feeders so the option went out to anyone in the building that had CDL. They all had gone out and paid for their own.

Almost to a man/woman, none of these people had ever worked ANY full-time job, ANYWHERE! Going from P/T hours to MEGA friend/T hours in feeders was a culture shock, to say the least! Whiny, argumentative, lazy, call-in, "Give me the world on a platter", accident-prone. It got to be that the manager said, "We aint' ever gonna do THAT again!".

Sorry, just what I've seen and, again, that's HERE, so don't diss me on, "Well we've got the best P/Ters in the world!"

raceanoncr

I would leave this alone. If you have never served in the military then you will never know the mindset or sacrifice of those who have. I never have but I know it's one of those lines you shouldn't cross.

Yes, I would kinda quietly walk away from this one.

I got drafted in '67. Yes, DRAFTED. No, I didn't want to go, but did. Go back in time and examine what was going on then. That's all I'm gonna say on that.

texan

I got drafted in '67. Yes, DRAFTED. No, I didn't want to go, but did. Go back in time and examine what was going on then. That's all I'm gonna say on that.
I agree sir on 1Brown Wrench comment.

Thank You for your Service to our Country.

My eyes water. I do not care what others think with that comment.

I was too young.

I had a draft card, but joined the Army in Nov 1974 after it was over.

I was just 18 and and a few months old.

Again I say Thank you and Bless you.
AR-VN20ERA20VET_zps76f68d6c.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
Seems to me that individually we all love and cherish our service men and women. Collectively, however, we ass-bang them on a bad day and ignore them on a good one.

texan

Seems to me that individually we all love and cherish our service men and women. Collectively, however, we ass-bang them on a bad day and ignore them on a good one.
You most likely say this about me.................

But you are a hard man to understand at times.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

How this thread got to the point of veteran bashing, idk but is pitiful.

I thank all of you that served (in whatever capacity). My dad drafted in the 60's also. Still a proud marine. Just celebrated his 70th yesterday. Happy birthday, pops.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
And since I was on the subject, I'm a proud uncle of Briana. Joined the Air Force right out of high school, & recently completed her military police training. Now SHE is a real ASSKICKER!

bbsam

Staff member
You most likely say this about me.................

But you are a hard man to understand at times.

No. I say it about US . We thank them for their service, but we do little to care for them once it's done. Unemployed, poor healthcare, multiple deployments to war zones. And then we leave them to fend for themselves. Casualties of a dysfunctional society with a warped view of itself.

S

serenity now

my eyes have been opened, and now i see more clearly

thank you for saving the world, mr. dave