Who out there have these in your buildings’ trucks?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Did the same people that designed Orion sell us this too. I have a feeling a lot of rich people are laughing their asses off on a beach somewhere saying I can’t believe we got them again
you have it backwards

the bean counters were fighting hard to kill smart scan (it creates no direct profit)

it was the ops and district IE that insisted it keep going

sorry if that doesn’t fit your narrative perfectly

john chesney

you have it backwards

the bean counters were fighting hard to kill smart scan (it creates no direct profit)

I don’t care who wanted Orion I know it wasn’t the drivers. We paid billions for the biggest flop in Ups history

john chesney

you have it backwards

I honestly don’t know enough about smart scan haven’t seen it yet. Orion on the other hand is a total flop

Heavy Package

That’s sounds like something my 6 yo grandson would say. I tell him “you look out after you, and be accountable for yourself “.

Does your 6-yr old grandson get harassed every week by daddy? Does your six year old get told do as I say not as I do? Does he get 12-hrs of work each day but told he has to get it done in 10?

All of us are accountable as adults for what we do. My point is that the "Management" at UPS crams this crap constantly down our throats and then wonders why there is pushback. Same with the scanners - Are they good? Yes. Does UPS see that scanning 1000 packages add time? No. Therefore, the expectations for the workload are unrealistic.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Was in a truck borrowed from another hub with these all over the shelves. Is this the solution to misloads and no-scans?
Lol. They don't work because the preload is so rushed, they scan everything on the belt. The earbuds don't help either. They can't hear the alarm.

dudebro

It's a great system if the IE (idiot engineers) would give the loaders time to use it! We tell the loaders to stack it out and scan it all!
Yea, IE is the problem. Why don't you put two more load platforms behind that car so each loader has to walk 4 miles more each day and then wonder why the loader falls behind...

Does your 6-yr old grandson get harassed every week by daddy? Does your six year old get told do as I say not as I do? Does he get 12-hrs of work each day but told he has to get it done in 10?

All of us are accountable as adults for what we do. My point is that the "Management" at UPS crams this crap constantly down our throats and then wonders why there is pushback. Same with the scanners - Are they good? Yes. Does UPS see that scanning 1000 packages add time? No. Therefore, the expectations for the workload are unrealistic.
No, according to him, he has it much worse.

john chesney

What the hell are you rambling on about? The ORION tech saves the company tens of millions of $ a year. The company needs to find a way to automate mgmt
I totally agree with technology and edd has been great. Now they spent a boatload of money on Orion and it’s a total flop. It’s impossible for me to even use mine. How in the hell can I deliver out of rear sections when I can’t even get 2 feet into the truck?

barnyard

KTM rider
We have them. Preload starting using them in October. Misloads dropped to less than 5 a day for the whole building. During peak, the cars on the PDC did not get scanned, mine was one of them. Average 5 misloads a day, every day.

Since peak, the last misload I had was a package that had the wrong spa label on it.

Even with brandy new preloaders, misloads are rare. Loads are still crap, but misloads are way, way down.

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Was in a truck borrowed from another hub with these all over the shelves. Is this the solution to misloads and no-scans?
they are for mis loads, we scan the package and it makes one noise for the right truck and another noise if your in the wrong truck. You can still have missloads if you dont go far enough in for it to make a noise or the loader just dont care

barnyard

KTM rider
The biggest difference for me now, is that if I cannot find a package, I know that I need to start looking in other sections, as there is a better than 99% chance that I have it.