Who out there have these in your buildings’ trucks?

specter208

Hated this at first but I've adapted and have sped up my loading. Helps reduce misloads although some loaders are quick to stop using the scanners if they become overwhelmed by the package flow and then you have no benefit.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Untitled.png

Ever wonder how you work for a shipping company and never ever get to see an address once the whole dang shift. A misload isnight and day because the ADDRESS does not damn belong on that car. A cut is pretty obvious too because the HIN does not match THE ROUTE ORDER. not because my scanner beeped at me.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Management is a total joke top to bottom.they should be replaced with anything,homeless people,computers or maybe circus animals
We have them. Preload starting using them in October. Misloads dropped to less than 5 a day for the whole building. During peak, the cars on the PDC did not get scanned, mine was one of them. Average 5 misloads a day, every day.

Since peak, the last misload I had was a package that had the wrong spa label on it.

Even with brandy new preloaders, misloads are rare. Loads are still crap, but misloads are way, way down.
Your building switched to homeless people and circus animals....and it improved the misload problems?

Interesting

Heavy Package

this might shock you but i'm almost never talking about the hourlies, in anything i say

Tears: You seem pretty reasonable so shed some light on this:

1. Why does Orion, our great savior, not sync up with the SPA label placement? Orion wants me to hit stops and pull from the back in a gut loaded car. Impossible. Why isn't this fixed?

2. Why doesn't our tools have the capability to separate businesses and residential addresses? Orion should have all businesses set up to be delivered by their designated time.

3. Why when the hub knows that there is an issue with a package it can let a customer know but not automatically come out of our board so we waste time looking for a ghost package?

4. Why isn't their an automatic designation for an over 70 irreg with the added time allowance included in our board?

5. Why does nothing sync up with each other from an IT perspective? Horrible planning and execution - not to mention the lack of patches and fixes.

The fact is that people at UPS don't give a sh:censored2: about fixing anything for the long term. You are a stooge just like the rest of UPS.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Tears: You seem pretty reasonable so shed some light on this:

1. Why does Orion, our great savior, not sync up with the SPA label placement? Orion wants me to hit stops and pull from the back in a gut loaded car. Impossible. Why isn't this fixed?

2. Why doesn't our tools have the capability to separate businesses and residential addresses? Orion should have all businesses set up to be delivered by their designated time.

3. Why when the hub knows that there is an issue with a package it can let a customer know but not automatically come out of our board so we waste time looking for a ghost package?

4. Why isn't their an automatic designation for an over 70 irreg with the added time allowance included in our board?

5. Why does nothing sync up with each other from an IT perspective? Horrible planning and execution - not to mention the lack of patches and fixes.

The fact is that people at UPS don't give a sh:censored2: about fixing anything for the long term. You are a stooge just like the rest of UPS.
1. it will eventually, it’s what the company wants
the problem is the skill of the PDS is just not up to that level yet; it would require plans to be 100% finished by the time preload starts and that’s sadly not the case in a lot of centers

2. the root cause of this is poor setup of the loops and the base RDO underneath ORION; in theory if the AM/PM sides of a loop are correct, ORION parameters could be adjusted to accomplish what you’re asking for

3. i could write a bunch of words about the comms system, but the short answer is yhat would require a pretty large investment in a wifi data system and we just aren’t there yet

4. there is as of a few months ago, at least the time allowance bit; i think the EDD should also identify irreg stops but i don’t think the company is interested in that

5. oh man you have no idea how bad it really is, it’s my living hell every day
however, it is going to be getting much much better there is an integration push being worked on by all the nerds, i send them feedback on it too

oh and thanks for the last comment, just what i needed after i try to explain the state of things to you :rolleyes:

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
1. it will eventually, it’s what the company wants
the problem is the skill of the PDS is just not up to that level yet; it would require plans to be 100% finished by the time preload starts and that’s sadly not the case in a lot of centers

2. the root cause of this is poor setup of the loops and the base RDO underneath ORION; in theory if the AM/PM sides of a loop are correct, ORION parameters could be adjusted to accomplish what you’re asking for

3. i could write a bunch of words about the comms system, but the short answer is yhat would require a pretty large investment in a wifi data system and we just aren’t there yet

4. there is as of a few months ago, at least the time allowance bit; i think the EDD should also identify irreg stops but i don’t think the company is interested in that

5. oh man you have no idea how bad it really is, it’s my living hell every day
however, it is going to be getting much much better there is an integration push being worked on by all the nerds, i send them feedback on it too

oh and thanks for the last comment, just what i needed after i try to explain the state of things to you :rolleyes:
You’re dense

Heavy Package

Tears: Typical Management Answer. All the right words but no action.

I respect you for coming on here and being as honest as you can be, but you're just a cog in the wheel as well. Mark my words on here - another IE tool will come out that all of us will be forced to use that will not save time, take care of the customer, and act completely independent of all the other friend:censored2:ing tools that we already use. And everyone in your little world will think it's great.

How about you actually take in all of the frustration on this forum, read between the lines, and get some of this addressed with actual improvements? Be a voice if you will for what we deal with here every day?

My guess is that UPS pays you to read this site. You're on the clock right now writing a report or trying to justify some metric. Don't worry - I won't rat you out like all the other back-stabbers that pretend to be cool with their Men's Warehouse sport coats.

UPS Preloader

they work great if the preload follows the methods (they never do)

They would also work great if management would advise the preloaders to only scan the packages when they are going on the truck and not to scan any packages being left out. Most of the pre-loaders in my building are instructed to scan packages they are stacking out or putting under the belt. These packages are scanned as being on the right truck, but many times, they are put on the wrong truck by the clueless helper they sent to help wrap up. They haven’t said this to me as they know I won’t do it unless they put it in writing. I scan every package, but only when it is going on the truck. If it’s stacked out or under the belt, it’s not scanned. I still have 1 or 2 misloads a week, but in the last 6 months, only one of them was scanned by my scanner.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
They would also work great if management would advise the preloaders to only scan the packages when they are going on the truck and not to scan any packages being left out. Most of the pre-loaders in my building are instructed to scan packages they are stacking out or putting under the belt. These packages are scanned as being on the right truck, but many times, they are put on the wrong truck by the clueless helper they sent to help wrap up. They haven’t said this to me as they know I won’t do it unless they put it in writing. I scan every package, but only when it is going on the truck. If it’s stacked out or under the belt, it’s not scanned. I still have 1 or 2 misloads a week, but in the last 6 months, only one of them was scanned by my scanner.
scanning the stack outs is not the methods, you are doing right

UPS Preloader

So, we have had this for a while now. Yes it reduces misloads. But, you will never leave on time again, and if you thought you had seen bad load quality before, guess again. It gets much worse.
scanning the stack outs is not the methods, you are doing right

When IE came in to get us set up, it was explained that once a package gets scanned the customer can look online and see that their package is on the truck/out for delivery. Our local management should be embarrassed when the customer doesn’t get the “scanned as being on the truck” package because it was put on the wrong truck or left in the building. I just laugh at them and tell them it’s their own fault. Follow your own methods and that won’t happen.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
When IE came in to get us set up, it was explained that once a package gets scanned the customer can look online and see that their package is on the truck/out for delivery. Our local management should be embarrassed when the customer doesn’t get the “scanned as being on the truck” package because it was put on the wrong truck or left in the building. I just laugh at them and tell them it’s their own fault. Follow your own methods and that won’t happen.
If my stuff does not get loaded by 5AM I will call customer service and demand to know where my package is!!!

Not at all embarassed when the right package on the right shelf on the right pc gets delivered at the right time *without an AM scan*

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
In our center. It has been 6 months with the sensors. It does cut down on misloads. We may have about 2 or 3 a day in our building. Management does come and get them for service. The problem is the load quality has gotten worse since. Although we only have 30 routes on Tuesdays. The loaders are loading 3 trucks each. Plus scanning all boxes. They just are basically thrown in loads. Maybe if each is cut down to 2 loads each. It would be better.
For you guys who can't follow Orion. You all realize. RDO is going to be gone very soon. So, start following ODO. It is what they want. Yeah, I know you don't want to work 12 hrs a day. But, the only way they will fix it is to force them to fix it. I followed it from day one. My area has lost 20 to 30 miles since. With the same stop count. Tuesdays I have the same plan as my peak area. Which is only half of my normal route. Give them what they want. I do. Made 10k more last yr than I ever made.