Who to go with

UPSGUY72

Danny is paying residential surcharges because the driver is not following proper methods. Deliveries to his business are commercial while those to his house would be residential. UPS is billing the shipper the surcharges and they are passing those on to Danny.

He is pay residential rate because the address is a residential address. With the home owner running a business out of a out building on the property. Just like someone running a landscaping business out of a out building on their property. I would if he pay business or residential property tax rates on his property. Most likely residential.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND

Again your assumptions are incorrect. I pay both personal and business taxes on the property. And both personal and commercial insurance as well.

But then again, its hard to show someone something when they think they have seen it all.

Still waiting on your reply on how the story has changed?

d

UPSGUY72

Again your assumptions are incorrect. I pay both personal and business taxes on the property. And both personal and commercial insurance as well.

But then again, its hard to show someone something when they think they have seen it all.

Still waiting on your reply on how the story has changed?

d

You are preaching to the wrong people call and tell your suppliers to ship thee product with another shipper if your having problems. You can also call the 800 and complain but complain on hear isn't going to solve your problems. However it will get you a lot of answers that you don't like to hear or that you like to hear either way it's still isn't going to solve your problems. You have to do that so pick up the phone and get the ball rolling or stop complaining. Only YOU can fix this "problem" you have.

I can't fix your problem and no one else on BC can. Your not going to change my opinion of your situation it's a residential house with a person running a business out of it. Unless the shipper request a sig the package is getting DR unless it's appears it might end up growing feet.

I wish you good luck in solving your problems.

Happy thanksgiving

I will no longer be replying to this thread it is a waste of time.

klein

Für Meno :)
Actually it's 4.9%, but you keep pulling those numbers out....wouldn't want you to get constipated!

UPS hikes rates 4.9% in 2012 - Business First

Nice article, but in your dreams !
It basically means as soon as gas nears $4 per gallon again, it's a 5.9% to 6.9% increase.

And whats this ? :
The rate increase for UPS Air and international services shipments is based on a 6.9 percent increase in the base rate, minus 2 percentage points to the index-based air and international fuel surcharge, UPS said in a news release.
Additionally, UPS Next Day Air Freight and UPS 2nd Day Air Freight rates for shipments within and between the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico will increase 5.9 percent.

In all honesty I can see it, when a company loses profits, or even loses money because of inflation needs.
But this sure ain't the case with UPS, is it ?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I can't fix your problem and no one else on BC can. Your not going to change my opinion of your situation it's a residential house with a person running a business out of it. Unless the shipper request a sig the package is getting DR unless it's appears it might end up growing feet.
Thankyou for your honesty. And your post reflects exactly why, even after UPS agreed it was commercial, and instructed the drivers to get a signature, they still DR packages. For you see, its not what UPS instructs the driver to do, its what the driver feels like doing, and personally feels the situation should be.

And your post is a shining example of the problem. Again, thanks so much for the honesty. I hate you have decided not to post again on this thread, I was so hoping you would clarify your position on the story changing?

Best

And a great turkey day to you as well. May your belly grow two inches, and your friend list double.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
More

I hate to post this, but Klein is somewhat correct.

The base rate increase is 4.9%. But the real world costs that the customer will see is closer to 6-7% increase in their delivery charges.

Kinda like the wage costs for a driver making $30 an hour is $62 grand and change. The articles you linked to are that figure. That is the basic cost. But when you add employer costs, overtime etc, the driver actually costs UPS closer to $125-140 grand. That is the "true costs" of having that employee.

So while you are technically correct, Klein is posting the true costs when all the basic costs are added to the surcharges.

That being said, Klein, why should UPS not follow the industry norm of charging fuel surcharges based on the price of fuel? Again, you dont have a clue on business.

UPS has to produce a certain percentage of proffit on each delivery. That proffit is the rates charged a customer, and the other rates charges they are entitled to. That whole rate structure allows the company to remain profitable. The last thing UPS wants to do is cut it so close that without the rate increase, we end up belly up.

So while they might not need it as much as other companies, they charge the surcharge because it is expected by the customer and it adds to the bottom line.

d

moreluck

golden ticket member
I read that part too, but the basic raise in rates is 4.9%.........like the super committee....but if you don't trim $1.5 billion, automatic cuts take place..

If I asked, how much is UPS raising their rates ? The answer is 4.9%. You can offer explanations later, but that's the answer.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Pssst, Dilly, UPS has told the drivers to NOT DR my packages, because it is a business. One of my complaints is that even so, they still DR packages. That alone has cost me hundreds of dollars.

BUG, dont let dilly back you down, I make fun of my crippled hand all the time. STill can not pick my nose with my right hand. ;)

72 Please advise how the story has changed? And just for people that cant get the picture, I will post an overview of the property so you can "get the big picture"?

d
Danny, your business pkgs shouldn't be DR'd. That is plain and simple. I was offering my opinion just like everyone else based on what you said. As to my comment to BUG, that is great that you handle what happened as well as you do. I still feel that he over stepped the bounds of propriety. :happy2:

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Danny is paying residential surcharges because the driver is not following proper methods. Deliveries to his business are commercial while those to his house would be residential. UPS is billing the shipper the surcharges and they are passing those on to Danny.
You are probably right. :happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Thankyou for your honesty. And your post reflects exactly why, even after UPS agreed it was commercial, and instructed the drivers to get a signature, they still DR packages. For you see, its not what UPS instructs the driver to do, its what the driver feels like doing, and personally feels the situation should be.

And your post is a shining example of the problem. Again, thanks so much for the honesty. I hate you have decided not to post again on this thread, I was so hoping you would clarify your position on the story changing?

Best

And a great turkey day to you as well. May your belly grow two inches, and your friend list double.

d
Putting a sig req designation on your business will stop this. I understand that you shouldn't have to do this but it will solve the problem. If driver's circumvent the sig req then they deserve what ever disciplinary action they get. There is no reason why you can't request this.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Not really. You can color the hair what ever color you want, but you cant hide a real redhead. Its a personality more than a color.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Not really. You can color the hair what ever color you want, but you cant hide a real redhead. Its a personality more than a color.

d
LOL I posted some pics on FB from our honeymoon trip to Yosemite last week. I assumed that you had looked at them. :happy-very: