Who to go with

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Well heck, congrats. Finally!!! That is super dill. I wish for you the best, and may you stay married through all the good and bad times like we have . 35 and counting.

d

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Well heck, congrats. Finally!!! That is super dill. I wish for you the best, and may you stay married through all the good and bad times like we have . 35 and counting.

d
Thank you Danny. That means a lot. I hope we have half the years that you and your wonderful wife have.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
As to my comment to BUG, I still feel that he over stepped the bounds of propriety.

Dilli,

You didn't grasp the humorous subtlety of my post.

Danny got it....

He understood the irony and sarcastic nature of the barb....

Thats why he responded back with a self depreciating comment.

It takes a big person with broad shoulders to respond with that kind of retort.

-Bug-

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dilli,

You didn't grasp the humorous subtlety of my post.

Danny got it....

He understood the irony and sarcastic nature of the barb....

Thats why he responded back with a self depreciating comment.

It takes a big person with broad shoulders to respond with that kind of retort.

-Bug-
I did understand it. I did get it. I can't help being a little protective. That's just me. If the roles had been reversed my response would have been the same, though probably not for the same reason. These guys are family. Knowing Danny, I didn't expect any other response from him and I don't think he was surprised by mine. It does take a big person with broad shoulders to respond the way he did. He fits that bill perfectly.:its_all_good:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Hell, I wished it was my shoulders that were the broadest.......wife says I look too much like a feeder than delivery.

I hate getting older. BUt the alternative sucks worse...

But that is another story.

d

klein

Für Meno :)
More

I hate to post this, but Klein is somewhat correct.

The base rate increase is 4.9%. But the real world costs that the customer will see is closer to 6-7% increase in their delivery charges.

Kinda like the wage costs for a driver making $30 an hour is $62 grand and change. The articles you linked to are that figure. That is the basic cost. But when you add employer costs, overtime etc, the driver actually costs UPS closer to $125-140 grand. That is the "true costs" of having that employee.

So while you are technically correct, Klein is posting the true costs when all the basic costs are added to the surcharges.

That being said, Klein, why should UPS not follow the industry norm of charging fuel surcharges based on the price of fuel? Again, you dont have a clue on business.

UPS has to produce a certain percentage of proffit on each delivery. That proffit is the rates charged a customer, and the other rates charges they are entitled to. That whole rate structure allows the company to remain profitable. The last thing UPS wants to do is cut it so close that without the rate increase, we end up belly up.

So while they might not need it as much as other companies, they charge the surcharge because it is expected by the customer and it adds to the bottom line.

d

So, I assume UPS set the standard for a 5-6% increase in prices, next to follow is every other company, while workers get a 0 to 2% increase. That's life, I suppose.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
That is the reason why so many of your posts are what they are.

Actually, UPS forces all the other companies to gather at one of the expensive Vegas hotels each year. They then set the agenda by telling everyone else that they must all raise their rates equally. In other words that the costs that are variable are the same for everyone. In other words, the cost of fuel, the MPG of the vehicles are the same for all the trucking companies. And of course we know that UPS can buy their fuel for $1.12 less than everyone else.

That is why, and the only reason why, that all the trucking companies do the same thing, and the increases are the same. Its because UPS forces everyone to do the same. It is a dirty little secret they dont want the small people to know. And if you doubt me, you can check scopes, snopes, snoopers, what ever they call themselves.

Now, Klein, you are more than welcome to pass that along, but you heard it first here.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
UPS set the standard for a 5-6% increase in prices, next to follow is every other company, while workers get a 0 to 2% increase. That's life, I suppose.
Klein, how else are they going to pay for this new "free" healthcare that you keep touting as the best in the world. The workers dont pay it, the companies have to absorb the cost.

And this kind of BS is why forced social engineering by the gooberment is the eutopia that you find so heavenly. But yet you degrade the companies from charging their customers the extra costs, passing along the bill so to speak, for this free healthcare? How do you supose they ought to pay for it?

You silly silly boy!

d

klein

Für Meno :)
That is the reason why so many of your posts are what they are.

Actually, UPS forces all the other companies to gather at one of the expensive Vegas hotels each year. They then set the agenda by telling everyone else that they must all raise their rates equally. In other words that the costs that are variable are the same for everyone. In other words, the cost of fuel, the MPG of the vehicles are the same for all the trucking companies. And of course we know that UPS can buy their fuel for $1.12 less than everyone else.

That is why, and the only reason why, that all the trucking companies do the same thing, and the increases are the same. Its because UPS forces everyone to do the same. It is a dirty little secret they dont want the small people to know. And if you doubt me, you can check scopes, snopes, snoopers, what ever they call themselves.

Now, Klein, you are more than welcome to pass that along, but you heard it first here.

d

Oh, I know, same like Big Oil.... here you can't even shop around for cheaper gas prices anymore.
They are all the same - just like a communist country has prices dictated by the government, but here it's the private sector doing it.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
OMG

Hey Klein, I have this beachfront cabin you might be interested in buying really cheap. And a 5 week prime time Time share to the tower of London. I gotta move them, as I need the money. Let both of them go for $500 cash, US funds only.

PM me if you are interested.

d