Who Wants Ice Cream?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Coffee Heath Bar Crunch....can't remember if it was Ben & Jerry's or Hagen Daas, but it was really good.

over9five

Staff member
Everyone knows if you want the best ice cream, you have to go to Kimballs. There's one in Westford, Mass and one in Jaffrey, NH.

I say we meet there tomorrow about noon.

Order the Kimballs Special.....

wkmac

Funny I see this thread as I'm polishing off the cartoon of Butter Pecan!

:wink2:

Bought some peaches yesterday at the local farmers market and now you got me to thinking of going back for more, getting out the ole ice cream churn and making some good ole peach homemade ice cream.

We are making peach muffins with a good pot roast for supper tonight if anyone is game?
:happy-very:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
When I was growing up, we used to make ice cream too. We used to take turns cranking that handle on the old wooden tub. Peach, banana, and cherry was the usual flavors. Cherry was and still is my favorite, just dump a bottle of maraschino cherries into the tub. Sometimes we will bust up a bunch of Butterfingers and mix them into a vanilla recipe. Nothing in the store ever comes close to homemade.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Funny I see this thread as I'm polishing off the cartoon of Butter Pecan!

:wink2:

Bought some peaches yesterday at the local farmers market and now you got me to thinking of going back for more, getting out the ole ice cream churn and making some good ole peach homemade ice cream.

We are making peach muffins with a good pot roast for supper tonight if anyone is game?
:happy-very:
We used to make ice cream from snow. MMMMM Always made sure to use fresh snow, though. :wink2:

Big Babooba

When the kids were little, I used to make my own ice cream. vanilla, coffee or strawberry were my favorites. I would bake up a batch of home made chocolate chip cookies and use them to make ice cream sandwiches. This is one of the reasons that Big Babooba is Big Babooba and not just Babooba.:happy-very:

satellitedriver

I have heard of this brand before, but have never seen it. Is it not distributed in CA.?
No, it is not in CA.

Damn, I didn't know you could buy it online, until now.
Wikipedia says this;

Blue Bell Creameries
is the manufacturer of Blue Bell brand ice cream, which was founded in 1907. The company, which produces the third-best-selling ice cream in the USA, sells its products in only seventeen mostly Southern states, although Blue Bell ice cream has also been eaten aboard the International Space Station and at Camp David. Corporate headquarters are at the "Little Creamery" in Brenham, Texas.[1]

moreluck

golden ticket member
I guess Bluebell or any other ice cream is history for me. Going to the doctor's today with an insanely high sugar number from my recent bloodwork.
No more sugar for me.

The good part.....the weight will fall off.:peaceful: