Who Will Own The Room At The Two Man Meeting???

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
With Sean O and Fred Z already declaring their candidacy for General President and Secretary Treasurer of the IBT in the next General Election, and with consensus predicting that they will win handily, coupled by their disdain for the Master, it will be interesting to see how many locals and their aspiring politicians jump on the bandwagon.

Is there a chance, since the tentative Master agreement has been out for weeks, that enough locals are listening to the membership, that it doesn't make it out of that room???
How many opportunistic officers will see this as an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the OZ movement?

Either way, it's setting up to be a hell of a show.
I would love to be a fly on the wall at this meeting on August 9th...

oldngray

nowhere special
sticker.png

Coldworld

60 months and counting
With Sean O and Fred Z already declaring their candidacy for General President and Secretary Treasurer of the IBT in the next General Election, and with consensus predicting that they will win handily, coupled by their disdain for the Master, it will be interesting to see how many locals and their aspiring politicians jump on the bandwagon.

Is there a chance, since the tentative Master agreement has been out for weeks, that enough locals are listening to the membership, that it doesn't make it out of that room???
How many opportunistic officers will see this as an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the OZ movement?

Either way, it's setting up to be a hell of a show.
I would love to be a fly on the wall at this meeting on August 9th...
And having dance hall throw his hat into the ring will just make it that much more fun... word on the street is that hall has been making an effort to distance himself from hof....

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have heard about the two man meeting before. But I dindo exactly understand what happens. Would you mind explaining it to us?
Thanks Bubble.
Cliff"s Notes version:

Each Local in the country that represents UPS employees will be tasked to send two representatives to this "Two Man Meeting", where the contract offer will be presented by the IBT Negotiators.

At the conclusion of the presentation there should be an opportunity for questions, answers, and political grandstanding or subservience.

Then at some point, a goon from the back row will make a motion to take this contract to the membership that will certainly be seconded by someone in attendance.

This is when the Chairman of the meeting will put the motion to a vote, where the "I's" will either have it....or they wont.

Cliff"s Notes version:

Each Local in the country that represents UPS employees will be tasked to send two representatives to this "Two Man Meeting", where the contract offer will be presented by the IBT Negotiators.

At the conclusion of the presentation there should be an opportunity for questions, answers, and political grandstanding or subservience.

Then at some point, a goon from the back row will make a motion to take this contract to the membership that will certainly be seconded by someone in attendance.

This is when the Chairman of the meeting will put the motion to a vote, where the "I's" will either have it....or they wont.
Thank you.