Whoever you are....you are piece of trash.

oldngray

nowhere special
Article 18

Section 8.1 Distracted Drivers

The Employer and Union recognize that there are various federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances on the use of handheld devices while a commercial motor vehicle is in motion. In the interest of the safety of our drivers and the general public, drivers must comply with the applicable restrictions. The Employer will use its best efforts to educate drivers on the restrictions applicable in each geographic area.

"If permitted by state and/or federal law, headsets, Bluetooth ear pieces, and earphones that are used in moving vehicles shall only cover one ear."

funny-memes-1.jpg

reginald95

While that was careless of the driver, no law was broken since the investigating police didn't cite the driver. Dude should be talked to by management, reprimand on his file and retaught the methods. No one was hurt and no accident occurred.

nWo

While that was careless of the driver, no law was broken since the investigating police didn't cite the driver. Dude should be talked to by management, reprimand on his file and retaught the methods. No one was hurt and no accident occurred.

The investigation is still on going. Let's see what they say come Monday.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

In my state you automatically lose your license for school bus violations for three months. He'd be out of a job regardless if he was punished by the company or the state. Few years back I was behind a school bus, lot of kids getting off so the bus was parked for awhile. Some :censored2: behind me pulled out into the opposing lane and tried passing everyone and I pulled out and blocked the entire road with the package car. We exchanged a few nice words and I got a wave from the bus driver. Always wondered how the company would have treated that had the guy rammed into me.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
In my state you automatically lose your license for school bus violations for three months. He'd be out of a job regardless if he was punished by the company or the state. Few years back I was behind a school bus, lot of kids getting off so the bus was parked for awhile. Some :censored2: behind me pulled out into the opposing lane and tried passing everyone and I pulled out and blocked the entire road with the package car. We exchanged a few nice words and I got a wave from the bus driver. Always wondered how the company would have treated that had the guy rammed into me.
Probably would have charged you with an avoidable accident. No good deed goes unpunished

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
Even if the stop arm was not out, you just have to be SUPER careful going anywhere near a stopped school bus. I always told new drivers I would OJS that when driving through a residential area you need to drive like kids are waiting everywhere to run out in front of you. Nobody wants to live with a tragedy on your conscience.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Even if the stop arm was not out, you just have to be SUPER careful going anywhere near a stopped school bus. I always told new drivers I would OJS that when driving through a residential area you need to drive like kids are waiting everywhere to run out in front of you. Nobody wants to live with a tragedy on your conscience.
The driver blew through a stop sign. Obviously a runner trying to make ridiculous production numbers. I try to have meetings with the rookies a couple times a year to get them to drive safer and don't fall into the production numbers game. Management always looks the other way until something goes wrong. How many times have any of you ever heard management tell a driver to slow down? It's in plain sight on telematics.

ManInBrown

Let me just say this, if the stop sign was out, this driver was dead wrong and should be fired. That being said, in my time in package, school bus drivers were the worst drivers on the road and it wasn’t even close. I’ve seeen school bus drivers back down a street 200 yards in reverse, and countless other dumb things. I wouldn’t be surprised if the stop sign wasn’t out. Looks like a residential street with very little traffic. Maybe the driver got lazy and didn’t put it out. If they did, no excuse. Driver should be unemployed.

Big Rigger

Avoidable.
A good supervisor would say that you were trying to pass the buss too.

Big Rigger

WRONG.

READ THE LAW: No driver can pass a school bus while loading and unloading children and if children are present.

It does not matter if the lights are flashing or if the stop signal arm is extended.