Why are drivers such sheep?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm just sayin....
When you guys are complaining about excessive overtime/money in your bank account, the rest of us UPSers are struggling to even pay rent. You might as well be complaining to a starved homeless person about how you have too much money and never have anytime to spend it. It's just rude!

It is also rude to tell someone who busts their hump for 10 hours non-stop per day, that they should be grateful and just shutup and take it because "we get paid well".

How about if I told you to maybe work 40 hours a week instead of ~20 and quit your complaining, wouldn't that be rude of me?

You see, they are the same idea. Just because I get compensated well for my time does NOT mean that I want to spend all my time inside a big brown POS.

When I was a part-timer I worked 2 jobs, the first was a full time 40 hour a week job which started at 730 AM, worked until 430 PM, then went right to UPS and worked from 530 to 9PM. My mortgage (I ain't payin no rent) was ALWAYS paid on time.

rod

Retired 22 years
Of course your all gonna say you agree and you like this post, because the majority of you came from these times. You guys had all rights and abilities to go to college because it was affordable and doable. Where those classes started out with algebra, english and science 101. Sure you agree and like, all you want, because those times were easy, seemed hard, but you guys made it and had it easy.

A lot like UPS today, in many forms and fashions. You guys loaded cars with 150-200 maybe even 250 on a really heavy day. Nowadays, we load cars with 300-350 and maybe 400 on a heavy day. With those same baby boomers getting pulled back into the building, cant even tolerate a single night of regular work that some of us gen X's do on a daily bases, year round.

As for what those few choice kids did back in the day, was rare and miniscule to what baby boomers have done. To large scale protest that got people killed, to flooding the population to the point where its nearly impossible to retire at a decent age. Social unrest, failing investments and more protest that are happening today. The influx of college grads, caused the price to go up, due to demand. Now, everyone must have one to get a good job. Yet, that is a lie, I could go into more elsewhere.

Anyways, your problems became our problems. Just because you guys think it was hard and got past it today, where its all roses, doesnt mean it is, not even close. We have ( gen x ) inherited your problems, the only difference, is you guys are in control today.

Once again I have to disagree. When I first started UPS we saved and saved--- enough to put a healthy down payment on a house. I didn't own a new vehical for the first 20 years I was married. We didn't buy anything we couldn't afford. What I have witnessed in the last 20 years or so is that as soon as the new couple get married (and it just HAS to be an EXTRAVAGANT wedding) they run out and buy 2 new vehicals, a new house that is out of their price range, must own every fancy new electronic gadget that is put out, and live paycheck to paycheck without ever considering setting a few bucks aside for a rainy day or planning for retirement. I have a niece who has a 1/2 million dollar home (now worth about half that),drives a Mercedes and has her own tanning bed but her family has no health insurance (2 kids) . I find it hard to feel sorry for her when she goes into her "Oh woe is me" crying act about being broke.

curiousbrain

I know a few people who worked hard and received what they "deserve" (by whatever standards those may be); I know others who wouldn't know a hard days work if it jumped up and punched them in the face; still, I know others who worked hard and received nothing.

Sometimes you are required to do more than others to get less, sometimes it's the other way around.

Moral of the story: Worry about yourself, not others. If you have nothing to worry about, there's always a long line of people waiting to give you their problems.

brown_trousers

It is also rude to tell someone who busts their hump for 10 hours non-stop per day, that they should be grateful and just shutup and take it because "we get paid well".
I would never say that!

How about if I told you to maybe work 40 hours a week instead of ~20 and quit your complaining, wouldn't that be rude of me?
That would me a Damn miracle! How about we switch jobs so I'm making the 50 hrs a week, and you're making the 15 hrs a week.

You see, they are the same idea. Just because I get compensated well for my time does NOT mean that I want to spend all my time inside a big brown POS.
Not even close to the same... You're in the position with all the opportunity. You get to choose to work for UPS every day and make $300+ a day. And at the end of the day, no one is holding a gun to your head telling you to work for UPS if you dont want to. Spending time in a "big brown POS" is completely your decision.

Be thankful for what you have... I'm not saying you dont have a right to complain, drivers work the hardest out of all of us, just pick a more appropriate place to do so. Dont complain about excess money around a bunch of minumum wage workers.

Bristol Brown

I don`t think people are looking for the easy way,I would like to think people value the safety of themselves and the public more highly than a centre managers figures.

Recent studies have shown that a tired driver is just as dangerous to other road users as a drunken driver.

Of course UPS is full of maroon drivers who skip lunch and work flat out all day with no break because they think they are heroes when infact they are a danger to themselves and the public because the human body will fatigue.

Personally I think that drivers who don`t take their full break are a disgrace while being the main reason why other drivers who work within the law get hassled over their numbers.

Last edited:

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
That would me a Damn miracle! How about we switch jobs so I'm making the 50 hrs a week, and you're making the 15 hrs a week.

Not even close to the same... You're in the position with all the opportunity. You get to choose to work for UPS every day and make $300+ a day. And at the end of the day, no one is holding a gun to your head telling you to work for UPS if you dont want to. Spending time in a "big brown POS" is completely your decision.

Be thankful for what you have... I'm not saying you dont have a right to complain, drivers work the hardest out of all of us, just pick a more appropriate place to do so. Dont complain about excess money around a bunch of minumum wage workers.

Why should I trade the job I worked 3 years at 15 hours a week to get, to someone who clearly is just frustrated that We have, and he does not have.

Where else should we complain? This is a UPS employee forum, for ALL employees. We are all entitled to our opinions and if you don't like ours, well then don't read them.

Also, you earn more than minimum wage (7.25) UPS starts new hires at more than that.

Gotta go pay my bills with all my overtime money.

Later

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Once again I have to disagree. When I first started UPS we saved and saved--- enough to put a healthy down payment on a house. I didn't own a new vehical for the first 20 years I was married. We didn't buy anything we couldn't afford. What I have witnessed in the last 20 years or so is that as soon as the new couple get married (and it just HAS to be an EXTRAVAGANT wedding) they run out and buy 2 new vehicals, a new house that is out of their price range, must own every fancy new electronic gadget that is put out, and live paycheck to paycheck without ever considering setting a few bucks aside for a rainy day or planning for retirement. I have a niece who has a 1/2 million dollar home (now worth about half that),drives a Mercedes and has her own tanning bed but her family has no health insurance (2 kids) . I find it hard to feel sorry for her when she goes into her "Oh woe is me" crying act about being broke.

I know what your talking about. A lot like the couple in that one Micheal Moore movie. Where the guy is a cop and goes into the military. Yet, they have a new baby, new house, two cars and a trailer. Yet they cry they dont have enough money for it. I do get that, and it is rampant in this country. Sure, those things did a huge part to this country today. I would blame government moreso for passing laws whereas anyone could get a loan. The banks could look at these people and knew they had no chance at paying them back, but by law couldnt turn them away.

I love to save money and always have a budget. But I know theres countless others out there my age that take their paychecks and blow it all in one night. I know theres those people out there that would make such stupid choices as those you menction.

The reason, as well, for those things happening are from the past. In your guys golden days, if you spent too much and couldnt pay it back, you went to jail. Those were the wheels that turned into making the laws for anyone could get a loan.

But I really dont think anyone here is getting what I am saying, you just dont see it. And its ok, your kind has been blind for a long, long time now. As the World today has started to wake up.

rod

Retired 22 years
I know what your talking about. A lot like the couple in that one Micheal Moore movie. Where the guy is a cop and goes into the military. Yet, they have a new baby, new house, two cars and a trailer. Yet they cry they dont have enough money for it. I do get that, and it is rampant in this country. Sure, those things did a huge part to this country today. I would blame government moreso for passing laws whereas anyone could get a loan. The banks could look at these people and knew they had no chance at paying them back, but by law couldnt turn them away.

I love to save money and always have a budget. But I know theres countless others out there my age that take their paychecks and blow it all in one night. I know theres those people out there that would make such stupid choices as those you menction.

The reason, as well, for those things happening are from the past. In your guys golden days, if you spent too much and couldnt pay it back, you went to jail. Those were the wheels that turned into making the laws for anyone could get a loan.

But I really dont think anyone here is getting what I am saying, you just dont see it. And its ok, your kind has been blind for a long, long time now. As the World today has started to wake up.

If you're say the baby boomer generation is responsible for the way America is today I have to disagree. I still believe Gen.X should claim that honor. But whos to blame really don't matter now---I just hope its not so screwed up that my 4 and 2 year old Grandkids don't stand a chance. Right now the future looks pretty bleek for them. The answer can't be an America that only has 2 classes-------the SUPER rich and the poor. The middle class right now is a dying breed. Peace.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
If you're say the baby boomer generation is responsible for the way America is today I have to disagree. I still believe Gen.X should claim that honor. But whos to blame really don't matter now---I just hope its not so screwed up that my 4 and 2 year old Grandkids don't stand a chance. Right now the future looks pretty bleek for them. The answer can't be an America that only has 2 classes-------the SUPER rich and the poor. The middle class right now is a dying breed. Peace.

Nah, you guys just dont get it. You try to reasonably talk your selves threw this, and its going to be a piece that hit the fan. You wish it was our gen, but your far, far wrong.

As I said, we took on your problems. It is truth. Keep on blaming others for this, because it is what your type does.

Honestly, I dont care. You guys play around like you have something special. To me, you only keep raising the bar. The lack of work ethic on your part, only causes our gen to have to work ten times harder. Like a driver goes on VAC, he gets 175 stops. Well that cover driver will get 250 stops.

Thanks to you guys, our system is set for overall melt down. Not as in UPS, as I said in only example. It is set overall for all things. The time is coming friends, when you will eat your neighbors.

rod

Retired 22 years
Nah, you guys just dont get it. You try to reasonably talk your selves threw this, and its going to be a piece that hit the fan. You wish it was our gen, but your far, far wrong.

As I said, we took on your problems. It is truth. Keep on blaming others for this, because it is what your type does.

Honestly, I dont care. You guys play around like you have something special. To me, you only keep raising the bar. The lack of work ethic on your part, only causes our gen to have to work ten times harder. Like a driver goes on VAC, he gets 175 stops. Well that cover driver will get 250 stops.

Thanks to you guys, our system is set for overall melt down. Not as in UPS, as I said in only example. It is set overall for all things. The time is coming friends, when you will eat your neighbors.

I've had a few neighbors over the years who I -----oh-skip it.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I've had a few neighbors over the years who I -----oh-skip it.

I hear that, I couldve.. well ya know.

No disrespect on your part rod. But its not gen to gen, its person to person. Your upright man, and it was good to have a debate for once on a forum. And for yours and mine time, was well worth it. Thanks again, hope I didnt hurt anyones feelings.

rod

Retired 22 years
I hear that, I couldve.. well ya know.

No disrespect on your part rod. But its not gen to gen, its person to person. Your upright man, and it was good to have a debate for once on a forum. And for yours and mine time, was well worth it. Thanks again, hope I didnt hurt anyones feelings.

I enjoy a good pissing match evey once in awhile also.:happy2: Have a great weekend!

menotyou

bella amicizia
Why do men like to talk and compare their, um, appendages? Women aren't sitting around discussing double d's?
On a side note-it's funny how you can tell who has what just by their demeanor.