Why are so many drivers such whiners?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The positives outweigh the negatives and that's what keeps us here. But some driver on another loop has it better than you. That eats at a lot of drivers in my building. They signed the bid thinking this was a eight to two thirty job. They sign up to be coaches every year knowing that they can't make it on time.

Sent using BrownCafe App
true but this company abuses people....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Couldn't agree more OP. It never ceases to amaze me in my 14 years as a driver the guys with a high school education (some not even that.) requiring nothing more than UPS' neo-nazi training which offers virtually nothing as it pertains to the job are making 100k a year driving a package car around whine, and bitch and whine some more.. It's unreal. Don't like your job, quit. Good luck. You'll come crawling back to your 100k a year job.
maybe its because ups mind fucs their employees....keep on running and skipping your lunch snooky..

brostalss

For some, this job is just a paycheck. Nothing else. They want to make the $$$ but for the least amount of work possible.

From my experience, those who whine all the time just make their day more miserable for themselves. You still have a route to take out and finish.

because they have been driving so long they forgot whats its like to have a crap job and make crap money.....they want everyone to think they are working there ass off out there so they can feel ok about cashing there huge checks every week, im not saying there job is easy or that its not bad on your body but being able to go home and pay your bills and have money to save would be enough to make me say thank you ups....but hey to each their own i guess

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
because they have been driving so long they forgot whats its like to have a crap job and make crap money.....they want everyone to think they are working there ass off out there so they can feel ok about cashing there huge checks every week, im not saying there job is easy or that its not bad on your body but being able to go home and pay your bills and have money to save would be enough to make me say thank you ups....but hey to each their own i guess
Oh please...thank UPS? Do you honestly think UPS would pay drivers 33 bucks an hour and offer the benefits they do if it wasn't for the union? Drivers would be working for less than Fedex wages. And my job would be replaced by an illegal immigrant becauae he'll work for 10 bucks a shift and no bathroom breaks....lol

i cant disagree with what your saying ups would not pay you guys that well if not forced....but we dont live in that world we live in the one where you have a union you have a good 33 a hour job getting 12 plus hours a day, i just dont feel its right to crucify ups for things they MIGHT do IF you didnt have a union but i understand your frustration driving sucks with no AC :)

upsgrunt

In my center, if you don't say a word about the amount of work you have, you will get the response-"well you didn't say anything so we thought you wanted that much work". If you complain, then you get labeled a whiner; so you can't win either way.

Brownified

In my center the whiners get in earlier than everybody else. Not fair, but it's reality. The rest of us have too much pride to cry like that. Don't have anything against them. They have it figured out. Squeaky wheel gets oiled more often.

Scanthis

It's been my experience that the drivers off the street ( we have 7 in my center) whine the most. They have no basis for comparison. They never loaded a 53 foot trailer in July for years as a part timer so they think driving is the worst job around.

CHALLY9TX

I used to think that one should show up to work shut up and get it done. Boy was I wrong. It's the people that say nothing that get the extra work. They're the ones getting taken advantage of. If I come off as a "whiner" then so be it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's been my experience that the drivers off the street ( we have 7 in my center) whine the most. They have no basis for comparison. They never loaded a 53 foot trailer in July for years as a part timer so they think driving is the worst job around.

Have you ever tried doing your job wearing a full chemical warfare protective suit in 100 degree weather?

im with scanthis a guy off the street would not have a clue how hard loading is and would be overwhelmed from day one, and would deal with it but frustration after a few years would turn them into a whiner.