why are the language in our supplements so different?

stink219

Every building is not run exactly the same.

There is little loyalty in today's society. If you can turn your back on your brother then how can anyone trust you.

Stonefish

Different jobs yes. But a preloader in Colorado same as a preloader in Alabama. A driver in California the same as a driver in Michigan.
There were Supplements, Riders or Addendum all over the country prior to a National Master Agreement existing. When a national contract was negotiated those areas wanted to keep what they had in those areas. Also as I said there are different needs in different areas. Florida has golf carts to deliver packages.

Indecisi0n

There were Supplements, Riders or Addendum all over the country prior to a National Master Agreement existing. When a national contract was negotiated those areas wanted to keep what they had in those areas. Also as I said there are different needs in different areas. Florida has golf carts to deliver packages.
Do golf carts get handrails?

brown_trousers

Different jobs yes. But a preloader in Colorado same as a preloader in Alabama. A driver in California the same as a driver in Michigan.

True... but loaders in arizona might be loading in 120 deg heat and need something specific in their supplement to address the issue of heat exhaustion, while loaders in northern alaska may need to address the issue of hypothermia in their supplement.

im sure the locals in alaska dont want to waste any of their negotiating leeway on heat exhaustion, and then in the spirit of negotiating, have to compromise on something else because of it. Negotiations are a give and take.

point is... there are different issues in every area that constitute the different supplements.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not let TDU... try and dictate to everyone what a specific Region needs ??

-Bug-
I'm not sure TDU is in the position to dictate anything, to anybody, where the IBT most certainly is and is attempting to do so daily.
It is almost comical how TDU is made out to be the root of all that troubles the IBT.
I am not a member of TDU and I acknowledge their shortcomings , but I value their presence especially now.
Had the IBT been looking out for UPSers in the latest UPS contract, instead of trying to bolster an unsustainable multi-employer Central States H&W fund, they would have had ample leverage to negotiate an amicable contract for UPSers.
So instead of blaming the Boogie Man for all our problems, perhaps we should look within.

Inthegame

Had the IBT been looking out for UPSers in the latest UPS contract, instead of trying to bolster an unsustainable multi-employer Central States H&W fund, they would have had ample leverage to negotiate an amicable contract for UPSers.
So instead of blaming the Boogie Man for all our problems, perhaps we should look within.
Still on the conspiracy theory. Could you point out viable reasons how the H&W is unsustainable other than the Hoffa letter that both of us know was directed at smaller, less well funded plans? You do realize funding for H&W is apples and oranges from Pensions right? Money in from contributions, money out for claims, a little left for reserve and no long term liability as participants come and go. As is without UPS contributions the CS H&W plan is doing fine and needed no "bolstering". By adding in UPS contributions AND low claim experience part timers, sustainability becomes the least of their worries.

Care to expound on how the IBT "would have had ample leverage to negotiate an amicable contract for UPSers"? Maybe leaving the UPS offer of $30, $60, $90 co-premiums on the table? Still wondering where all the ample leverage was.

Must be incompetent, inexperienced buffoons at the helm. If only we had someone who knows how to deal with UPS negotiating contracts, maybe someone who led a national strike... where oh where would we find that person?

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Still on the conspiracy theory. Could you point out viable reasons how the H&W is unsustainable other than the Hoffa letter that both of us know was directed at smaller, less well funded plans? You do realize funding for H&W is apples and oranges from Pensions right? Money in from contributions, money out for claims, a little left for reserve and no long term liability as participants come and go. As is without UPS contributions the CS H&W plan is doing fine and needed no "bolstering". By adding in UPS contributions AND low claim experience part timers, sustainability becomes the least of their worries.

Care to expound on how the IBT "would have had ample leverage to negotiate an amicable contract for UPSers"? Maybe leaving the UPS offer of $30, $60, $90 co-premiums on the table? Still wondering where all the ample leverage was.

Must be incompetent, inexperienced buffoons at the helm. If only we had someone who knows how to deal with UPS negotiating contracts, maybe someone who led a national strike... where oh where would we find that person?
:) So you are saying we should have bubblehead negotiating it. :) why didn't we all think of that. He has all the answers. I'm religious but people that get way to religious are often nuts.

I find this to also hold true with conspiracy theorists. You can't reason with these people because there's something wrong with their compression of the subject at hand. Either it's a hard head or they have to be the smartest guy in the room. I pride myself in sitting back and watching certain situations.

You know watching and learning. He's teaching before learning. He can't see that he can learn from your experience and point of view. I use people like you to learn from. I use you. He doesn't get this. There is a lot to learn if you just turn that switch and be a humble padiwon.

That's how you attain Jedi status. I'm hoping all these great guys I've come up under rubs off on me. I appreciate you and the guys that have taken me under their wings. Because my only goal has always been to pay it forward and find my own padiwon.