why Can't I file a 9.5

LiB

that's fine, but it's true. We had a route that started at 12 and ended at 2100. The last two hours was the PM shuttle. It was a bidded area that I did not want because of the hours, but I managed.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Filed discrimination grievance everyday until i had the work load of the regular driver of X route because i was treated different because i was a different race.

Ummm....

Did you bid the route.... or did your "Business Manager" give it to you ?

Just wondering.... When people start throwing out the "lawyer" card....

It's always seen as a bluff....

An 8-hour route.... even with a late start time.... would take a lot of seniority.... at least around here.

-Bug-

LiB

Routes were too boring, I had 10 years of seniority, I had a bidded route then came off because I wanted to swing. However, I did not want to work 11 hours a day. It was a bidded route that went unbidded. The PM shuttle route should have gone to the lowest seniority person but they complained they didn't want it to work till 21:00 so they unassigned it. Then when I created a fuss they asked me to take it.

local87steward

Our stewards put up weekly bids every week for the upcomming vacations to help floater lock down a route for the entire week. This helps floaters get onto the 9.5 list in our center.

Buck Fifty

Full time cover drivers are filing 9.5 grievances in our center. It would seem that the company still has to honor the 9.5 because my guys are smart enough not to switch routes day to day. They get on a route for a week and stay there.(0r for at least 3 of the 5 days) Ultimately the company still cant honor and cha ching ! If you are a full time cover driver(with seniority), stop changing routes daily. Still have quite a few grievances out on cover drivers. These are being held up. Remember the company has to honor 8 hr days for the same drivers, If they can do this, than it should be no problem doing for 9.5 purposes. Dont give up, keep running up the flagpole, with different angles of leverage. Keep fighting the good fight and stick together.

stink219

There was an agreement made between the international and UPS on specifics of the 9.5 language. It states that only FT bid drivers can file 9.5 grievances. Cover drivers can only file if they are on the same route for one full week. Casuals cannot file. All stewards should have gotten a copy of this letter and it should be posted on your union bulletin board that should be in every UPS building. This letter came from hall and James Hoffa.

menotyou

bella amicizia
There was an agreement made between the international and UPS on specifics of the 9.5 language. It states that only FT bid drivers can file 9.5 grievances. Cover drivers can only file if they are on the same route for one full week. Casuals cannot file. All stewards should have gotten a copy of this letter and it should be posted on your union bulletin board that should be in every UPS building. This letter came from hall and James Hoffa.
thrown_under_the_bus.jpg
thrown_under_the_bus.jpg

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

Mine went in file 13

bonetaz

You must understand that ups doesn't care if you have a family. They seem to enjoy having drivers that are upset with them. Just try to do your job and stay positive toward your customers. Also remember the union doesn't care either because they receive your dues and they don't need to do anything else.

I dont have a route and probly wont have one for another 5+ years, ive been driving to 6 years. I work everyday and have not done the same route in the past 7 working days. 5 of those days i was over 9.5, the other 2 were just minutes under 9.5. One of the days i did a route that was 140 miles and 160 stops, on paper it was considered a 8.5 day it took me till 8 with taking a 20 break at the building. Why would managment tell me i cant file a 9.5? Am i miss-interpreting the contract do i have to work 59.5 hours a week untill i get my own route? Am i ever going to see my children growup? I wish my union would help out just a little
I love the central region.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Look at the wor..90% of the routes are planning under 9 hours...so the company stance is most routes should be under 9.5 hours so you really don't need to get on the list...we're not over dispatching you. If you are over 9.5 and your on the list or just overallowed your methods are lacking and we need to ride with you...it's your fault.

stink219

Look at the wor..90% of the routes are planning under 9 hours...so the company stance is most routes should be under 9.5 hours so you really don't need to get on the list...we're not over dispatching you. If you are over 9.5 and your on the list or just overallowed your methods are lacking and we need to ride with you...it's your fault.
Hahaha!!! Lmfao!!!! What a D bag. Have you ever driven for more than 30 days? I pray our paths cross one day. I love meeting people with their heads so far up their azzes that the brown they taste is not in fact UPS.

CAFAL

Stop complaining. We have like ten guys in my building that just want to work. Who really cares as long as you are making $. We all knew starting this was no 9-5.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Thats for the parts of the country that use the 9.5 language in Article 37.

In the Central Region, we have supplemental 9.5 language that goes back 40 years ?

I was quite surprised when they came up with that decision.... Being that the Central Region Union Chairman, heads the 9.5 committee.

-Bug-

Enforcerx

Of course they tell you, you cant file thats their job. Read the contract. It states 3 consecutive days over 9.5. Even if your utility you can still file 9.5. Some drivers in my building got their $100/hr quite a few times. If ups can afford to pay Scott Davis 9.5 million a year, they can afford $100/hr. But if you do file you might not ever get extra work or overtime.