why Can't I file a 9.5

undies

Of course they tell you, you cant file thats their job. Read the contract. It states 3 consecutive days over 9.5. Even if your utility you can still file 9.5. Some drivers in my building got their $100/hr quite a few times. If ups can afford to pay Scott Davis 9.5 million a year, they can afford $100/hr. But if you do file you might not ever get extra work or overtime.

Does anyone know if this applies to the Western Region? More specifically, South West? I've spoken with shop stewards and keep getting told as a utility I cannot file unless I'm on a set route for the week.

stink219

There was an agreement made between the international and UPS on specifics of the 9.5 language. It states that only FT bid drivers can file 9.5 grievances. Cover drivers can only file if they are on the same route for one full week. Casuals cannot file. All stewards should have gotten a copy of this letter and it should be posted on your union bulletin board that should be in every UPS building. This letter came from hall and James Hoffa.

Thats for the parts of the country that use the 9.5 language in Article 37.

In the Central Region, we have supplemental 9.5 language that goes back 40 years ?

I was quite surprised when they came up with that decision.... Being that the Central Region Union Chairman, heads the 9.5 committee.

-Bug-
Can you post this supplement?