Why can't I look forward to retirement?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
So I'm the "OG" now? Wow, I never got the memo. And for the record, I've been fairly critical of H in the past.

A situation like the collapse of Central States is too complicated to place entirely on H's shoulders. There's some blame to place (as I stated in my earlier post about UPS exiting the plan in '08) but I guess you'd have to drop the Z pompoms to actually analyze the problem critically.

When you become too invested in a single individual (regardless of who it is), you really suffer by putting on the blinders.
You are OG if you are backing H.

Just like you are Republican if you are backing Trump.

Or you are Democrat if you are backing Hillary.

OG is not an insult.

It is just an identifier.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
You blame our pensions failing on people who have been out of power for more than 28 years.

No blame to the person who HAS been in power for the last 17 years?

What am I missing?

The fact that systemic problems are more of an issue for something like a pension plan that covers hundreds of thousands of participants; economy of scale dictates that (rarely) will a single decision have a significant impact on something like this.

Changes to the trucking industry were systemic and dramatically affected the financial security of Central States over a long period of time. It didn't go down the :censored2:ter over night; this is a problem that's been brewing for decades.

Wagging a finger at Hoffa as the sole perpetrator of CS' downfall is being disingenuous, at best. That's not a statement of support for Hoffa or against Zuckerman; it's a statement of fact.

It also needs to be mentioned that the IBT (as an entity) doesn't have sole control of CS. It is a jointly administered multi-employer fund with trustees appointed by both IBT and participating companies. While Thomas Nyhan (and many of the other trustees) are grossly and obscenely overpaid, this isn't purely the IBT's fault (although they share some burden of the blame.)

Last edited:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The fact that systemic problems are more of an issue for something like a pension plan that covers hundreds of thousands of participants; economy of scale dictates that (rarely) will a single decision have a significant impact on something like this.

Changes to the trucking industry were systemic and dramatically affected the financial security of Central States over a long period of time. It didn't go down the :censored2:ter over night; this is a problem that's been brewing for decades.

Wagging a finger at H as the sole perpetrator of CS' downfall is being disingenuous, at best. That's not a statement of support for H or against Z; it's a statement of fact.

It also needs to be mentioned that the IBT (as an entity) doesn't have sole control of CS. It is a jointly administered multi-employer fund with trustees appointed by both IBT and participating companies. While Thomas Nyhan (and many of the other trustees) are grossly and obscenely overpaid, this isn't purely the IBT's fault (although they share some burden of the blame.)
Sounds like an excuse.

A sad and pathetic excuse.