Why Can't People Say NO! To High Prices???

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
The two Wendy's that are within 6 miles of home are $6.41 and $5.99 for a single. One of them was running a Baconator on a pretzel bun for awhile. On a whim I bought a large combo with the double patty. Cost with tax ran over $15! And the pic of bacon spilling out all over is a joke. Two small, thin strips of bacon on top of each patty. Got to lift bun to see them. Wendys Dave is probably rolling in his grave.
Someone will coronary artery disease shouldn't be eating that :censored2:.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Just spent $70 at sheetz

🧔‍♂️✊
I make fun of guys at work all the time for getting lunch at Sheetz. They'll come back out to my truck with one little bag and I'll be like "What was that? Twenty bucks?"

And they're like, "NO. It was fifteen."

vantexan

I remember you mentioning a history of heart trouble.

Limiting your bacon was a favor from us... You're welcome.
Ah, conventional thinking. A lot of evidence these days says that seed oils, especially the partially hydrogenated ones, lead to inflammation that causes your arteries to clog over time. That a strictly carnivore diet is actually better for you than highly processed food made with seed oils and high fructose corn syrup. Wish I had known this 40 years ago.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Just spent $70 at sheetz

🧔‍♂️✊
7FB3175D-5010-48C6-A4AF-BFF4AC0A199B.gif

Sorry. I couldn’t help it. Lol.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Ah, conventional thinking. A lot of evidence these days says that seed oils, especially the partially hydrogenated ones, lead to inflammation that causes your arteries to clog over time. That a strictly carnivore diet is actually better for you than highly processed food made with seed oils and high fructose corn syrup. Wish I had known this 40 years ago.
Two separate news stories this week on excessive protein and niacin causing heart disease. They suggested that products contain too much niacin.

rod

Retired 22 years
The high cost of things? You mean like SHIPPING? What does a one pound package to Zone 2 cost nowdays? How about a Next Day Air Letter?

pkgdriver

I guess Wendy's has finally reduced the size of their burgers and raised prices to a point that they have to come up with something to eke out more profit. Was in a Wendy's a couple of days ago. The single there was $6.41 for just the sandwich. Their burgers are maybe just a little over half the size they used to be.
IMG_2946.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Two separate news stories this week on excessive protein and niacin causing heart disease. They suggested that products contain too much niacin.

High protein foods also contain high levels of niacin.

Thebrownblob

High protein foods also contain high levels of niacin.
Everything will eventually kill us….. who knew?