Why Can't People Say NO! To High Prices???

rickyb

You probably think the wrong speech at your job is a risk to your life, bubble boy.
No i drove trucks on call until 8 am in a rail yard. i drive better drunk. theres head bobbing. couldve got nailed by my own train. everyone knew it was dangerous too. and it was unnecessary, they couldve had shorter shifts or actually allowed workers to refuse the shift which in reality we couldnt. 1 guy b4 he quit parked his truck in front of rail yard office which no one did, took a taxi home after work, and then got the union to dispute it on his behalf. bc usually we just drove home tired.

The design of rail cars is another story

I drove fuel trucks at night. also dangerous for same reasons i listed above.

I dont think how much u lift at ups or how long u work is safe either.

rickyb

Most employees aren't and that's why we have insurance. Has nothing to do with owner risking his capital. And that owner is providing jobs.
Im talking about after the fact wats that worth and i doubt disabled ppl r treated very well in usa

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
No i drove trucks on call until 8 am in a rail yard. i drive better drunk. theres head bobbing. couldve got nailed by my own train. everyone knew it was dangerous too. and it was unnecessary, they couldve had shorter shifts or actually allowed workers to refuse the shift which in reality we couldnt. 1 guy b4 he quit parked his truck in front of rail yard office which no one did, took a taxi home after work, and then got the union to dispute it on his behalf. bc usually we just drove home tired.

The design of rail cars is another story

I dont think how much u lift at ups or how long u work is safe either.
How long did you do that? A few months?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
To me it's Economics 101
The Law Of Supply and Demand

When the demand is high the prices go up. When the supply goes up the prices go down.

People are screaming about inflation and high prices but can not say NO TO BUYING!!!

I understand that some things like gasoline and basic groceries are necessary but people are complaining about Starbucks, fast food , and goodies from the store. edibles and other unnecessary products.

If people stopped buying mostly the extra's in their lives prices would go DOWN. It really is that simple.

This just shows how spoiled Americans are.

If you are a retired Teamster perhaps like us this inflation is more of an annoyance than a crisis as it can be for young families with children or elderly that only have Social Security to depend on.

We have cut down a lot. Fortunately we do not need to drive much so gas is not much of an issue. We have been eating out less. Buying less from the local grocery store and buying more from Costco. So to us it hasnt been that bad.

I just feel bad for people with hardly any choices. People that need gas daily. People that have 3-4 children and go thru milk and bread daily at $4 a gallon and loaf of bread.

If Americans could just band together as a union they would have more say in their lives with prices.
Buy more from the local grocery store, and nothing from the big box stores.see how that changes prices..

Box Ox

How much have you risked at your job?
You probably think the wrong speech at your job is a risk to your life, bubble boy.
No i drove trucks on call until 8 am in a rail yard. i drive better drunk.

Not blaming your circumstance on your own actions. Nice. A common denominator among anarcho-communists.

So other than performing your driving job duties drunk your risk hasn’t been much different from any other person who walks out the front door every morning.

rickyb

Not blaming your circumstance on your own actions. Nice. A common denominator among anarcho-communists.

So other than performing your driving job duties drunk your risk hasn’t been much different from any other person who walks out the front door every morning.
thats not what i said, and all us workers risked alot driving on call with no sleep 8 hours over night

it was dangerous and shouldve been illegal. the regulations failed us. and we failed ourselves by not protesting

rickyb

it actually is illegal to drive home tired...but thats why you need good public transport because its not practical to pay for a taxi. the housing prices too is another problem.

vantexan

thats not what i said, and all us workers risked alot driving on call with no sleep 8 hours over night

it was dangerous and shouldve been illegal. the regulations failed us. and we failed ourselves by not protesting
You didn't sleep when you were off?

vantexan

how sheltered are you?

what jobs have you done besides ups?
FedEx 29 years. U.S. Air Force. Supermarket 4 years. Picked weeds for $1 hr 35 hrs a week when I was 12. A year overnight in a convenience store. Drove for an expeditor 7 months with very.little sleep a lot of days.

rickyb

FedEx 29 years. U.S. Air Force. Supermarket 4 years. Picked weeds for $1 hr 35 hrs a week when I was 12. A year overnight in a convenience store. Drove for an expeditor 7 months with very.little sleep a lot of days.
then you should know many ppl cant sleep before a shift that starts at midnight