Why Can't People Say NO! To High Prices???

Up In Smoke

Like I said you have to have gasoline.

Today paid $6.49 a gallon.

Meanwhile Exxon reported record quarterly profits.
You should have said "NO" and refused to pay the inflated prices. The horrible oil companies (and investors) that are raking in record profits today are the same people who lost their asses in 2020. Inflation doesn't have to be a real time cause and affect (supply and demand) phenomenon. The Federal Government threw money at virtually every industry in 2020 minus gas and oil. The industry received PPP but still eliminated more than 60k jobs. Oil prices today are not a supply and demand problem, IMO, but a recovery of what was lost problem. The gas and oil industry took in around 7 billion in relief money but lost an estimated 1 trillion dollars of revenue in 2020.

Thebrownblob

The only challenge with the climate is what is made up by the government to extract more taxes and make more erroneous and freedom limiting rules. The same people who can’t run a DMV or balance the budget, Or figure out how not to create the biggest boondogle in history with PPP loans, are going to fix the climate give me a break.

rickyb

The only challenge with the climate is what is made up by the government to extract more taxes and make more erroneous and freedom limiting rules. The same people who can’t run a DMV or balance the budget, Or figure out how not to create the biggest boondogle in history with PPP loans, are going to fix the climate give me a break.

the govt can use anything as an excuse to take away your freedoms. i dont think the market will bring solution to global warming.

global warming is going to wreck our freedoms like crazy. it already is. show me how many smokey days per year vancouver bc is getting since ww2.

also pretty sure balanced budgets are bad. govt budget not like household budget.

Thebrownblob

the govt can use anything as an excuse to take away your freedoms. i dont think the market will bring solution to global warming.

global warming is going to wreck our freedoms like crazy. it already is. show me how many smokey days per year vancouver bc is getting since ww2.

also pretty sure balanced budgets are bad. govt budget not like household budget.
So you believe in man made global warming and believe the government is going to have a solution? If you believe man is the problem what’s the stop the government from getting rid of you since you don’t believe you have any God-given rights.

rickyb

So you believe in man made global warming and believe the government is going to have a solution?
no we the people who rebel against short term profits for a system which is actually sustainable are the solution and govt is only going to act on it if theres enough of us rebelling saying enough with the madness

this system is mad, alot of the true costs arent factored in. its immature economics

Thebrownblob

no we the people who rebel against short term profits for a system which is actually sustainable are the solution and govt is only going to act on it if theres enough of us rebelling saying enough with the madness

this system is mad, alot of the true costs arent factored in. its immature economics
What are you rebelling from in your opinion the government has the right to do whatever they want because all rights emanate from them. What gives you the right to rebel if they tell you something.

rickyb

What are you rebelling from in your opinion the government has the right to do whatever they want because all rights emanate from them. What gives you the right to rebel if they tell you something.
this is how power works - its a game of fear. we the people have numbers and the power of resistance and rebellion. i doubt we should always follow laws.

vantexan

If there was a better economic system than capitalism we'd implement it. There isn't.