Why Can't People Say NO! To High Prices???

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
To me it's Economics 101
The Law Of Supply and Demand

When the demand is high the prices go up. When the supply goes up the prices go down.

People are screaming about inflation and high prices but can not say NO TO BUYING!!!

I understand that some things like gasoline and basic groceries are necessary but people are complaining about Starbucks, fast food , and goodies from the store. edibles and other unnecessary products.

If people stopped buying mostly the extra's in their lives prices would go DOWN. It really is that simple.

This just shows how spoiled Americans are.

If you are a retired Teamster perhaps like us this inflation is more of an annoyance than a crisis as it can be for young families with children or elderly that only have Social Security to depend on.

We have cut down a lot. Fortunately we do not need to drive much so gas is not much of an issue. We have been eating out less. Buying less from the local grocery store and buying more from Costco. So to us it hasnt been that bad.

I just feel bad for people with hardly any choices. People that need gas daily. People that have 3-4 children and go thru milk and bread daily at $4 a gallon and loaf of bread.

If Americans could just band together as a union they would have more say in their lives with prices.

To me it's Economics 101

When the demand is high the prices go up. When the supply goes up the prices go down.

People are screaming about inflation and high prices but can not say NO TO BUYING!!!

I understand that some things like gasoline and basic groceries are necessary but people are complaining about Starbucks, fast food , and goodies from the store. edibles and other unnecessary products.

If people stopped buying mostly the extra's in their lives prices would go DOWN. It really is that simple.

If you are a retired Teamster perhaps like us this inflation is more of an annoyance than a crisis as it can be for young families with children or elderly that only have Social Security to depend on.

We have cut down a lot. Fortunately we do not need to drive much so gas is not much of an issue. We have been eating out less. Buying less from the local grocery store and buying more from Costco. So to us it hasnt been that bad.

I just feel bad for people with hardly any choices. People that need gas daily. People that have 3-4 children and go thru milk and bread daily at $4 a gallon and loaf of bread.

If Americans could just band together as a union they would have more say in their lives with prices.
Most times there are cheaper alternatives but people don't want to give up their daily $6 Star Bucks coffee at the same time they complain about $4/gal gas. How many times do you see a person buy a $10 pack of cigarettes and 10 lottery tickets with a $20 bill and consider it a necessity. Everyday.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I kicked the habit, of smoking back sometime ago
I tried the hard stuff, but I had to let all that go
But the toughest thing, I ever gave up was today
'Cause old habits like you, are hard to break...

Yeah, do your part. Settle for less. Sacrifice you level of living because of the piss poor leadership of the Dims.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I kicked the habit, of smoking back sometime ago
I tried the hard stuff, but I had to let all that go
But the toughest thing, I ever gave up was today
'Cause old habits like you, are hard to break...

Yeah, do your part. Settle for less. Sacrifice you level of living because of the piss poor leadership of the Dims.
People have to understand that many of reasons for higher prices are "manufactured" by the corporations.

It's always something.
The weather.......climate change
A pandemic which has been so profitable for many corporations don't be surprised if we have another one soon.
A war.
Wars are usually good for the economy so watch for a reason for NATO to get involved in the Ukraine.

FEAR....this is the big one. Nothing like a PANIC to raise prices.

Always something that the big corporations grab onto and blame.
Sure some are legitimate but doesn't anyone find it suspicious that quarterly earnings seem to be always going up? That dividends are up? that profits are setting records? That CEO's are making millions and billions?

Where is the recession? Don't recessions happen with out of control inflation?

I blame the consumer for this .
Of course I blame the politicians also. All they do is scare everyone, point out the problems, point the blame on someone else and try to convince the American public to re=elect them so they can solve the problems.( they created in the first place )
No one is interested in solving these problems. They are only interested in themselves.

BUY BUY BUY .....regardless.

I have always taught my children UPS's 5 Seeing Habits for driving and LIFE.

These rules work well for LIFE in general ......getting by in the world.

rickyb

To me it's Economics 101

this is not how prices work

the truth is whoever sets the price ultimately determines it. if they think they will make more money, they will raise it.

rickyb

People have to understand that many of reasons for higher prices are "manufactured" by the corporations.

It's always something.
The weather.......climate change
A pandemic which has been so profitable for many corporations don't be surprised if we have another one soon.
A war.
Wars are usually good for the economy so watch for a reason for NATO to get involved in the Ukraine.

FEAR....this is the big one. Nothing like a PANIC to raise prices.

Always something that the big corporations grab onto and blame.
Sure some are legitimate but doesn't anyone find it suspicious that quarterly earnings seem to be always going up? That dividends are up? that profits are setting records? That CEO's are making millions and billions?

Where is the recession? Don't recessions happen with out of control inflation?

I blame the consumer for this .
Of course I blame the politicians also. All they do is scare everyone, point out the problems, point the blame on someone else and try to convince the American public to re=elect them so they can solve the problems.( they created in the first place )
No one is interested in solving these problems. They are only interested in themselves.

BUY BUY BUY .....regardless.

I have always taught my children UPS's 5 Seeing Habits for driving and LIFE.

These rules work well for LIFE in general ......getting by in the world.
north americans have really low expectations

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I agree that there is some corruption in setting prices. The way it is supposed to work is if the demand is high and the supply low
then prices go up and the opposite is also true.

But some companies can hold off on their supply like the oil companies are.
All the big corporations do this.

The cows must be on strike because our milk is $4 a gallon. Yes , diesel is up but a tractor trailer can haul how many gallons of milk? the increase in fuel costs can not be enough to charge an extra $1.50 for each gallon of milk.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I agree that there is some corruption in setting prices. The way it is supposed to work is if the demand is high and the supply low
then prices go up and the opposite is also true.

But some companies can hold off on their supply like the oil companies are.
All the big corporations do this.

The cows must be on strike because our milk is $4 a gallon. Yes , diesel is up but a tractor trailer can haul how many gallons of milk? the increase in fuel costs can not be enough to charge an extra $1.50 for each gallon of milk.
Cost money to get cows to fart less.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
To me it's Economics 101

Thank you Janet Yellen