Why complain??

That drivers are entitled morons who are kept afloat by the labor of part-timers.
Pretty much what I spelled out when I entered the thread.
A large number of drivers were part time 5-10 years or longer. You are judging all drivers because of the less that 10% that are asses?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
A lot of the progression and seniority jockeying at UPS comes down to luck.
The circumstances when you are hired direct your trajectory at this company more than anything.
I'd be willing to bet that a sizable percentage of those drivers either didn't spend much time in the part-time ranks, or had a cush job if they did.
you should ask some of them

The circumstances when you are hired direct your trajectory at this company more than anything.
I'd be willing to bet that a sizable percentage of those drivers either didn't spend much time in the part-time ranks, or had a cush job if they did.
Go into mgmt......and good luck.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You're right. The drivers are most pathetic entitled morons I've ever been around.
Part-timers on the other hand have valid reason to complain.
We do twice the work in half the time for 1/3rd of the pay.
Now you know how not to behave assuming you have the balls to bid on a driver job some day.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Done it already.
With the added bonus of performing my normal shift while my driver was still fast asleep at home in bed.
When baby was finally ready to start his big day, it consisted of me running packages for $10 an hour while he barked orders and sat his fat ass in the seat joyriding. His seatbelt didn't come off all day.
I'll never forget the look on his face when I asked if we could stop at a gas station so I could use the bathroom real quick. No one has ever looked at me with that much hatred in my entire life.
If I were you I would have whipped your thing out In the cab and took a leak in the garbage can behind his seat.... I always let my helper know where the restrooms were and would always treat them with Starbucks and or lunch....sounds like you had a drama queen driver like many of these guys are in feeder also,but I also work with some great guys gals that would give their shirt off their back for a customer or other upser.....there are some good drivers out there.... I also have seen the company turn good hard working drivers/hub workers into complete :censored2:s....a person can only take so much :censored2: on a daily basis...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Drivers have always complained. The worst ones are the ones who can’t do the job very well. They aren’t very flexible, have little knowledge, poor methods, and a poor attitude. They’ve been here 30 years and are USELESS. They think they have it so hard, but are truly selfish and unaware of their surroundings.
Why do we need to know 10,000 “methods” in order to deliver a damn cardboard box.... ups complicates this job to the Highest degree....I blame them for some of this.... I have seen them harass good workers into ones that just dgas anymore....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Dude.... if you are talking right now on 2017, 2018, 2019 yes, many of these drivers, at least in my area, didn’t work more than 1 year in the hub to become a driver and even jumped to feeder a year after that... unheard of. I waited 8 years to get a shot at driving as did many on here unless you were hired in the 70’s 80’s.....others will chime in on working long in the hub also....

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
That drivers are entitled morons who are kept afloat by the labor of part-timers.
Pretty much what I spelled out when I entered the thread.
While this is not necessarily the fault of anyone in the part-time ranks (this owes up primarily to our operations and lack of training). The part time workforce as a whole is actively detrimental in providing adaquate service to our customers and even at times is so bad that it does not justify their low wage rate. We could convert or offload a huge amount of PT tasks to FT positions and still do perfectly fine.

remember that PT benefits here equate to $37/h straight time at 15/h compared to a FT $58 at $34/h. The difference is not as high as it might seem comparing just wages.

Last edited: