Why do I have to call in each while on Short Term Disability?

tieguy

Banned
BLIZZARD YOU ARE THE FREAKING MAN! GOtta get your rep up for that gem. I couldnt remember where that was for the life of me but apparently some people think I try to get others fired by giving bad advice. Everyone can swallow their tongue now that was opposing me. I was just trying to be helpfull and people that dont know what they are talking about telling me Im going to get people fired.
:peaceful:

you're thanking the guy for proving you were wrong?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I even got called a liar on this one. got to love it.

Spin it some more, no one feels sorry for you. All I asked was for you to paste the information because I had never heard of it. You still haven't, it took someone else. Jerk move, if you ask me, on your part. Aside from that the language has nothing to do with me or most anyone else, Article 52? SUPPLEMENT not NATIONAL. You want the negative attention, you got it. Have a nice day.

tieguy

Banned
Spin it some more, no one feels sorry for you. All I asked was for you to paste the information because I had never heard of it. You still haven't, it took someone else. Jerk move, if you ask me, on your part. Aside from that the language has nothing to do with me or most anyone else, Article 52? SUPPLEMENT not NATIONAL. You want the negative attention, you got it. Have a nice day.

LOL, dance my little puppet , dance away.:water_happy:

SWORDFISH

I got negative repp from one of Tieguys groupys "brownsuit". Never heard of the guy and he has no idea what he is talking about.

I misread that article, woops. Article 52 must be his supplement as sleeve said because none of my contract book even goes up to article 52. By the way I still have yet to be proven wrong for my area. Now that I have that info though I would suggest for people not in my area to call their center manager to keep him updated. However I would still talk to my BA about it if it were longtime disability if I were in one of these centers an a center manager was being unreasonable. I feel like its harassment to require a driver to call in weekly when hes ordered off work by a DR. and still many months away from return.

Remember poster my only contention is w/ longtime disability not short term which I have done many times and called in each week to update on my condition as you should. Its overkill/harassment to have to call each week on longterm disability if your still many weeks/months away from return.

In upstates words Im done w/ this poster, nothing else to talk about cause I cannot find anything about this in my contract book. Good luck on your injury and recovery poster.:peaceful:

BrownSuit

I got negative repp from one of Tieguys groupys "brownsuit". Never heard of the guy and he has no idea what he is talking about.

I misread that article, woops. Article 52 must be his supplement as sleeve said because none of my contract book even goes up to article 52. By the way I still have yet to be proven wrong for my area. Now that I have that info though I would suggest for people not in my area to call their center manager to keep him updated. However I would still talk to my BA about it if it were longtime disability if I were in one of these centers an a center manager was being unreasonable. I feel like its harassment to require a driver to call in weekly when hes ordered off work by a DR. and still many months away from return.

You've never heard of the guy because I haven't posted in recent months. As for what I'm talking about, as you pointed out there are a variety of regional supplements and you shouldn't be so dogmatic to refuse to believe that in some areas it is the employee's responsibility to update their supervisor.

Back to the OP - The reason that you are being asked to do this is that there is a lot of fraud and abuse going on out there unfortunately. Your Supervisor is covering themselves as their HR team has asked them to make regular contact, to which they have to account to at the district level, and on it goes to show that the company knows what's going on.

Sadly, as unemployment rises and jobs are harder to find, traditionally the number of Short and Long Term claims escalates. This is not a new concept, but one that has increased with the current downturn as the types of benefits that employers offer now weren't available as prevalently in the 80's, the last time it was nearly this bad. The Aflac duck wasn't even quacking (created in 2000) and Aflac itself has only been in the business since 1955.

For each person that legitimately needs it, there are plenty that abuse the system. Before everybody bashes management for working as directed and following up with the employee on a regular basis, can anybody think of a better system? And to say that the doctor and insurance company is sufficient, anybody that has dealt with an insurance company knows the red tape involved, not to mention that there are a lot of privacy laws out there. How hard is it to pickup the phone or be called every week to verify a return to work date or your status?

SWORDFISH

You've never heard of the guy because I haven't posted in recent months. As for what I'm talking about, as you pointed out there are a variety of regional supplements and you shouldn't be so dogmatic to refuse to believe that in some areas it is the employee's responsibility to update their supervisor.

Back to the OP - The reason that you are being asked to do this is that there is a lot of fraud and abuse going on out there unfortunately. Your Supervisor is covering themselves as their HR team has asked them to make regular contact, to which they have to account to at the district level, and on it goes to show that the company knows what's going on.

Sadly, as unemployment rises and jobs are harder to find, traditionally the number of Short and Long Term claims escalates. This is not a new concept, but one that has increased with the current downturn as the types of benefits that employers offer now weren't available as prevalently in the 80's, the last time it was nearly this bad. The Aflac duck wasn't even quacking (created in 2000) and Aflac itself has only been in the business since 1955.

For each person that legitimately needs it, there are plenty that abuse the system. Before everybody bashes management for working as directed and following up with the employee on a regular basis, can anybody think of a better system? And to say that the doctor and insurance company is sufficient, anybody that has dealt with an insurance company knows the red tape involved, not to mention that there are a lot of privacy laws out there. How hard is it to pickup the phone or be called every week to verify a return to work date or your status?

That was a much better way of talking to me then calling me a bonehead for not liking what Im saying. I agree w/ much of what you said share the disgust that you probably have for dishonest people trying to steal from the system. My contention would be that a phone call will not solve this. The mere phone call wouldnt be a big deal if UPS as a company wouldnt have created the terrible environment they have from the top down. The last thing a recovering person needs is the harassment from management that everyone knows that most of the breathe out. They have created so many waves that now they are operating their business in an ocean and they wont recieve alot of cooperation on anything unless any employee has no other choice. So my question would be how does a phone call make any difference in this situation if they have a DR. note in hand stating that the employee just had major surgery, cannot even move around and will not be able to be mobile for 3 months? (I have been harassed so much being out on injury off the job so Im speaking from experience. I had to have my BA call the center manager.)

If UPS had created an environment of respect, friendliness and peace for their workers I bet every single worker would call whenever they wanted. Ill stand in the front of that line. I would break my back for a company like that.

tieguy

Banned
If UPS had created an environment of respect, friendliness and peace for their workers I bet every single worker would call whenever they wanted. Ill stand in the front of that line. I would break my back for a company like that.

there you go its all ups fault. with a comment like that he should call you a bonehead

To everyone, Esp the brownsuit. I have sat here recovering in my recliner recovering from a very difficult procedure with complacations and your paragraph about abuse. Ticked me off. Are you in my shoes ? NO. Do I have a doctors excuse filed with our dis. ins co. YES! Enough said and thats all it should take. After my last conversation with the supervisor I felt like I was getting some heat about my recovery. I should not have to tell this person anything but hello and talk to ya next week. THERE IS A LAW CALLED HIPPA HAD i SHOULD NOT BE PRESURED INTO TELLING MGT ANYTHING. ITS NOT WORKMANS COMP. SO THEY SHOULD BUD OUT OF MY BUSINESS. I WILL BE BACK AT THE DOCTORS CALLING.

So brownsuit don't assume everyone is faking it. I wish for you not not walk in my shoes at the present time and if you every have to I wish you a speeding and simple recovery.:angry:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
To everyone, Esp the brownsuit. I have sat here recovering in my recliner recovering from a very difficult procedure with complacations and your paragraph about abuse. Ticked me off. Are you in my shoes ? NO. Do I have a doctors excuse filed with our dis. ins co. YES! Enough said and thats all it should take. After my last conversation with the supervisor I felt like I was getting some heat about my recovery. I should not have to tell this person anything but hello and talk to ya next week. THERE IS A LAW CALLED HIPPA HAD i SHOULD NOT BE PRESURED INTO TELLING MGT ANYTHING. ITS NOT WORKMANS COMP. SO THEY SHOULD BUD OUT OF MY BUSINESS. I WILL BE BACK AT THE DOCTORS CALLING.

So brownsuit don't assume everyone is faking it. I wish for you not not walk in my shoes at the present time and if you every have to I wish you a speeding and simple recovery.:angry:

Management has absolutely no care or concern for you or anyone but themselves. They're hand picked that way, after all. When I was on disability , not one phone call, not one "how's the recovery going?" Which was fine. However, When I came back, not even a "how's the injury?" That''s a sad, sad management team for you.

I hope you get well soon.

SWORDFISH

+1.... Whats the saying "Chew the meat and spit out the tieguy and brownsuit"

Management has absolutely no care or concern for you or anyone but themselves. They're hand picked that way, after all. When I was on disability , not one phone call, not one "how's the recovery going?" Which was fine. However, When I came back, not even a "how's the injury?" That''s a sad, sad management team for you.

I hope you get well soon.

+1