why do supervisors get paid more for not doing work

davidix

They should hire more packaged handlers and less sups. They don't even train new hires. Actually I have no idea what they do besides get yelled at..by everybody. Maybe hire more package handlers to fix the problems they clearly cannot.

They should hire more packaged handlers and less sups. They don't even train new hires. Actually I have no idea what they do besides get yelled at..by everybody. Maybe hire more package handlers to fix the problems they clearly cannot.
Maybe raising the starting PT wage from minimum wage to a Union wage would help with hiring quality employees and retention. When I started we had 1 FT sup and 3 PT sups on the preload. We also were paid $.50/hr less then FT delivery drivers after 90 days with full benefits.

Zowert

Supervisors make more money but no pension. They have to put more into 401k for their retirement, so it kinda evens itself out. Plus the healthcare plan the company gives them is not as good as the union’s.

RolloTony Brown Town

My personal opinion is that most sups don’t supervise enough. They kind of let :censored2: happen and then only deal with the problem when it’s finally become too big rather than when it was still small. Kind of like global warming. Just forget it exists until it becomes a big enough issue.

That’s right! They aren’t proactive. They react and it’s too late. Most problems are supervisor problems when sorts aren’t running well.

Ghost in the Darkness

Well they do sell their soul for it. Management jobs attract those who don't want to work... its just a place to hide at ups. If you can look yourself in the mirror and be ok with that then its a position for you.

I have more driving experience than the last 2 center managers and last 6 oncars combined. Yet they love to argue with me about walking behind the truck. I'm sorry but the $4000 accidental death or dismemberment isn't adaquate compensation for getting smashed between the bumpers when my truck gets rear ended.

Supervisors make more money but no pension. They have to put more into 401k for their retirement, so it kinda evens itself out. Plus the healthcare plan the company gives them is not as good as the union’s.
Show me one PT sup that makes $35/hr and OT after 5 hours. And have 7 weeks paid vacation.

RolloTony Brown Town

Well they do sell their soul for it. Management jobs attract those who don't want to work... its just a place to hide at ups. If you can look yourself in the mirror and be ok with that then its a position for you.

I have more driving experience than the last 2 center managers and last 6 oncars combined. Yet they love to argue with me about walking behind the truck. I'm sorry but the $4000 accidental death or dismemberment isn't adaquate compensation for getting smashed between the bumpers when my truck gets rear ended.

You should follow the methods or feel the wrath of my warning letter

Ghost in the Darkness

I enjoy snubbing them at their safety recognitions and refuse to allow them to take my picture. If they can't make their picture collages on the computer they don't have anything to do for the day.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
all they do at my hub is walk around yelling at package handlers, playing on their phone or fixing small problems like jammed boxes or belts that dont move. MAKES NO SENSE like i would be on the sort aisle and they would just stand there talking to people
On-Road Sups typically work 12+ hours a day. Being salary, it comes out to a lesser wage than full time hourly’s. Poor bastards

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
all they do at my hub is walk around yelling at package handlers, playing on their phone or fixing small problems like jammed boxes or belts that dont move. MAKES NO SENSE like i would be on the sort aisle and they would just stand there talking to people

Their job is to supervise lol they are not hourlies/union. Thats as simple an explanation as you are going to get here .

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
upload_2019-3-1_7-48-44.png