Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

why do supervisors get paid more for not doing work

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BobBarker, Jan 27, 2019.

1. BobBarker

BobBarker Member

all they do at my hub is walk around yelling at package handlers, playing on their phone or fixing small problems like jammed boxes or belts that dont move. MAKES NO SENSE like i would be on the sort aisle and they would just stand there talking to people

• Funny x 3
    • Old x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Beer x 1
    • List
  2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

Are you serious?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  3. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Beat it @Barney

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

upload_2019-1-27_20-44-41.png

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

If you have a well run sort operation, that is all they should be doing. It is only the mismanaged operations that require PT and or FT sups to perform hourly work. Unfortunately that is 99% of sort operations 100% of the time. If UPS would pay starting Union members the same rate as PT sups most of their problems would disappear. But then what would the FT sups do?

6. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Yes it does.

7. Days

Days Active Member

They take responsibility for everything that goes wrong. Responsibility= money

8. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

They probably don’t get paid enough for the daily dingaling flickings.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  9. Days

Days Active Member

My personal opinion is that most sups don’t supervise enough. They kind of let :censored2: happen and then only deal with the problem when it’s finally become too big rather than when it was still small. Kind of like global warming. Just forget it exists until it becomes a big enough issue.

10. CoolStoryBro

CoolStoryBro Active Member

Over the long run any hourly, union position will surpass what any PT supervisor makes.

There exist part time sort workers that make 36$ an hour. There are full time 22.3's on the sorts that make a few bucks an hour less than that. No PT sup makes that much. However, any PT sup will make more than a brand new loader makes on day one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Maplewood

Maplewood Active Member

They :censored2:ed themselves by taking that job. 1 out of hundreds ever stick around enough years to get a full time job. Any halfway intelligent person can get a driving job after a year or 2 and make 80K+ a year, as long as they aren't stupid enough to go PT Stupervisor. Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

When are you going to submit your letter?

13. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

They get paid less

14. just chillin'

just chillin' Rest in peace wooba

if your short term, take the test and stop bitching and start yelling for $21 an hour

15. watdaflock?

watdaflock? Well-Known Member

You should focus on your job, and less what the sups are doing.

Hope this helps.

16. Days

Days Active Member

I get 4 dollars less an hour and get less hours than them and I’ve been with UPS almost 6 years

17. Maplewood

Maplewood Active Member

Why dont you put your letter in and find out?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  18. BountyHuntress

BountyHuntress New Member

How can they work if they have 60 other employees to check on? They need to walk around to check other areas of the operation and call on the radio to get folks the things they need to do their job.

Nevermind the fact that they have to pay $250-$300 per month for insurance if they want UPS’ plan. You’re making more than them in the long run. Lol.

19. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont

quit

20. brutal slam

brutal slam New Member

The hub i work at has almost as many supervisors as hourlys