Why is it.................

LeddySS98

.....You get a ODS message that says: 'Customer states they were home all day and you did not knock' even though you left a SDN on there front door:angry-very2:

.......... the only house you have a delivery for in that block is the one with cars lining the curb on both sides of their driveway.

dillweed

Why is it that when you're running tight with air you have a delivery in a housing development with a community garage sale?

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Ha Ha......... These are great and so true.

Why is it........

The people with the worst roads to their house get something whenever it rains hard. I've got one house with a mud hole so bad and big going back to their house that it looks like a pond. Yet every time it rains sure nuff I have a package for them. I can't remember the last time I was there and it wasn't wet.

raceanoncr

why is it that its always the old fat asses who come to the door naked and not the fine chicks?

Uh...what would happen to be the addresses of these "old fat asses" who come to the door? Uh...just so I can avoid them, of course, not that I would be interested or anything...because I'm not into anything like that...but, you know, I wouldn't want to, uh...see anything like that...

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
wHY IS IT THAT WHEN YOU CAN'T MAKE 9.5 THEY SAY WHAT DO YOU MEAN!!!!!!
WHY IS IT THAT WHEN YOUR ON THE SAME RT FOR 14YRS AND TELL THEM YOUR BLOWN OUT THEY SAY WHAT ARE YOU TELLING ME!!!!!
WHY IS IT WHEN YOU CALL IN AND SAY I WON'T BE IN TODAY MY WIFE IS HAVING A BABY!!! THEY SAY ARE YOU SURE???? DID HER WATER BREAK ?? IF NOT CAN YOU COME IN AND DO AN UNDER FOUR!! I SAY ONLY THE DR,. & AND THE LORD JESUS CHRIST KNOWS AND I'M PRAYING TO HIM AS WE SPEAK!!!! THAT ONE REALLY HAPPENED WHEN MY SON WAS BORN CANT MAKE THIS STUFF UP!!!! WELCOME TO UPS

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Why is it..........

Sometimes a customer will call in saying I didn't stop at their house and they want a second delivery attempt. They are calling the Center's private phone number that I wrote on the Infonotice I left on their front door??????:wink2:

JustTired

free at last.......
.............that when you break down, and tell them what street you're on, they (management) bring a pkg car to that street......but in the wrong town. Especially when you've been on the same area for 15 years.

browniehound

....that at 1027 and you have 1 air stop left this customer who you gave 1 red and 1 ground envelope to (you're thinking its an easy stop) decides its his day to return 15 toner cartridges?

.....the residential no DR's always get stuff...

...at least 75% of the time that an office is getting 50 packages when they usually only get 1 or 2 per day says "No, those are supposed to go to our other office at such and such street someone made a mistake" after you 2-wheeled 16 of them in, up the elevator, and through 3 double doors. When something doesn't jive, i go in first with one box and ask if they belong. Problem is, we shouldn't HAVE to do this! Time studies don't allow for situations like this!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Why is it that they still send out ods asking us our e.t.a back to the building? Didnt we spend millions on pas/edd that tells you how long we will be out? I mean i understood it when the preloaders just guessed our stop counts but we have the best system money can buy! Right?

705red

Browncafe Steward
Why is it when you miss the handrail stepping in or out of the truck you get talked to for it. Yet when a belt brakes in the buiding its ok to stack packages 7 feet high blocking your exit from the sort aisle in case of an emergency?

Why is it safety is preached by management but not practiced by them?

JustTired

free at last.......
...at least 75% of the time that an office is getting 50 packages when they usually only get 1 or 2 per day says "No, those are supposed to go to our other office at such and such street someone made a mistake" after you 2-wheeled 16 of them in, up the elevator, and through 3 double doors. When something doesn't jive, i go in first with one box and ask if they belong. Problem is, we shouldn't HAVE to do this! Time studies don't allow for situations like this!

Solution............I had a place that had several different delivery locations. All different addresses. All within 1/2 mile of each other. One location continually saying "this one goes across the street". After some time of making the change, I got fed up. Told them that if they didn't want to take at the address that was on the pkg, then I'm sending them back as refused/wrong address. I started doing that and it seemed as though the frequency of these pkgs diminished considerably.

Back on topic.......

.....................when you bust your butt to get done because you need to be somewhere...that's when you get messages asking you to help someone else? Yet, if you had asked for help so you could get done a little early...there's nothing they can do.

Jim Kemp

.....You get a ODS message that says: 'Customer states they were home all day and you did not knock' even though you left a SDN on there front door:angry-very2:

Now this is one that really ticks me off. Like I want fill out the del notice haul the pkg back to the truck and walk over it all day just to come back tomorrow. Ours oms clerks are good about defending the drivers when someone makes this stupid claim.

Jim Kemp

Here is a new one that I have only seen since we started with Sig req notification. " I got a call from ups this morning and the said you would del pks between 7am and 7pm". 7am! I am still in bed at 7am