• I blame Obama

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dave is now a moderator

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Then lock every thread once a question has been answered. Sounds pretty simple to me.
This has been suggested to me many times over the years. The problem is that there is no automated way to do this, so it would be another task for me to take on. There are 46,332 threads here at the moment that would all have to be manually closed one by one. Another option would be to ask the mods to determine when to lock a thread so it's more responsibilities for them, and I imagine that this option would create some disputes.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This has been suggested to me many times over the years. The problem is that there is no automated way to do this, so it would be another task for me to take on. There are 46,332 threads here at the moment that would all have to be manually closed one by one. Another option would be to ask the mods to determine when to lock a thread so it's more responsibilities for them, and I imagine that this option would create some disputes.
So once again the solution is blame the fluffers.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Then lock every thread once a question has been answered. Sounds pretty simple to me.
This has been suggested to me many times over the years. The problem is that there is no automated way to do this so this, so it would be another task for me to take on. There are 46,332 threads here at the moment that would all have to be manually closed one by one. Another option would be to ask the mods to determine when to lock a thread so it's more responsibilities for them, and I imagine that this option would create some disputes.
Or maybe, just maybe....we could ALL act like adults and respect Cheryl and Tony's request to not drag up 8 year old threads or turn current threads into conversations or gif bombs....or in the case of the Union threads....steward slapping and namecalling.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Or maybe, just maybe....people could act like adults and respect Cheryl and Tony's request to not drag up 8 year old threads or turn current threads into conversations or gif bombs....or in the case of the Union threads....steward slapping and namecalling.
but then the word necroposting would be obsolete.

oldngray

nowhere special
Wut?

Good, good.
so wise.gif

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
BC is doing fine paying for itself now but if google decides that those threads dredged up from 2005 are irrelevant low quality content then our other threads will show up less frequently in the search results. It's the lurkers and people looking stuff up on search engines that see the forum ads and pay for everything. That would make revenue drop. Then maybe we will have to change the way ads are displayed.

Limiting members to 25 posts per day in the Discussion Forums would solve virtually every problem we are having. It would be simple, it would be fair, it would mean less work for the moderators and it would apply to everyone equally. The best moderation is self-moderation. The limit would NOT apply to the Nothingness Fluff thread, or to PM's or a chat room set aside for that purpose. That would give the Fluffers a place to go where they would not be limited in any way. But it would improve the content that the lurkers and Google searches for work-related topics would see.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Limiting members to 25 posts per day in the Discussion Forums would solve virtually every problem we are having. It would be fair, it would mean less work for the moderators and it would apply to everyone equally. The best moderation is self-moderation. The limit would NOT apply to the Nothingness Fluff thread, or to PM's or a chat room set aside for that purpose. That would give the Fluffers a place to go where they would not be limited in any way. But it would improve the content that the lurkers and Google searches for work-related topics would see.
image.jpeg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Limiting members to 25 posts per day in the Discussion Forums would solve virtually every problem we are having. It would be simple, it would be fair, it would mean less work for the moderators and it would apply to everyone equally. The best moderation is self-moderation. The limit would NOT apply to the Nothingness Fluff thread, or to PM's or a chat room set aside for that purpose. That would give the Fluffers a place to go where they would not be limited in any way. But it would improve the content that the lurkers and Google searches for work-related topics would see.

And how would that be accomplished. There would either have to be a software plug-in or an army of mods to keep track of everybody.

upschuck

The problem with that is when a good conversation is going on and you get locked out. Not hard to reach that number.