Why is SPC more important than any other metric?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What reason? We are running like it’s still a recession. When another one hits, this company will be in trouble. You can only squeeze some tits so far.
DOw3SSrWsAARFtX.jpg

Heavy Package

They have to fill the trucks. We are bricked out for a reason.

I'm convinced more than ever the simplest language change to the contract is all drivers on a 9.5 list with an opt-out feature and drivers can bring work back as missed after 9.5 hours.

No stupid hybrids, penalty pay, etc. etc. We just need more damn routes in and after 7pm shut it down for the day and it can go back out for delivery tomorrow. Period.

F

Frankie's Friend

And they shuttle the irregs out to us before we are done our airs. It’s like, Yo Mo! It still doesn’t :censored2:ing fit! Then the shuttle drivers sit around and work seven hours anyway. They send them out without a board!?!?!?! I mean wtf? Coulda ran two or three extra routes.
The company isn't logging on road hours and miles since they dont have a recording device?
PUCO to the rescue.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm convinced more than ever the simplest language change to the contract is all drivers on a 9.5 list with an opt-out feature and drivers can bring work back as missed after 9.5 hours.

No stupid hybrids, penalty pay, etc. etc. We just need more damn routes in and after 7pm shut it down for the day and it can go back out for delivery tomorrow. Period.

There will never be contract language, that financially penalizes the company on service.

If a driver doesn't want the OT.... sign the 9.5 list.

It's that simple.

-Bug-

The Driver

I drive.
It's simple math. The more pieces we can deliver at $x within y time, the cheaper per stop. The company is in the cost cutting business. This is what we signed up for. Not saying it's perfect or fun, it's just what it is. What I'd like to see is very strong 9.5 language, and protection for all fulltimers going forward. Something like triple pay for all hours over 9.5. Whatever works. I can't keep doing this work for another 21+ years, which is precisely what the bean counters want.

We need better working conditions.

dogs.bite.me

There will never be contract language, that financially penalizes the company on service.

If a driver doesn't want the OT.... sign the 9.5 list.

It's that simple.

-Bug-

Then make it so it hurts them more and they don't see it as worth it to just pay the penalty.

If over 9.5 is violated, triple time for the WHOLE DAY not just the hours worked over 9.5.

UpsYours

Why is SPC the most important metric a Center Manager must meet?

Where do the IE clowns pulls those numbers from? Their bums?
Because it`s the easiest thing for them to do.They don`t want to and can`t figure out how to balance every load equally and within an actual timed out day.time studies were done back in the day with a sup. on the truck for 3 days with a pencil and piece of paper and the #`s were more accurate than these fools using computers today.