Why is SPC more important than any other metric?

ManInBrown

And they shuttle the irregs out to us before we are done our airs. It’s like, Yo Mo! It still doesn’t :censored2:ing fit! Then the shuttle drivers sit around and work seven hours anyway. They send them out without a board!?!?!?! I mean wtf? Coulda ran two or three extra routes.
Isn’t that the greatest. You get out to route and deliver three airs and you’re getting a message for a meet point. Couldn’t make it up if you tried. Let’s see, I delivered 3 tiny boxes and now you think the 6 irregs that didn’t fit 45 minutes ago, are now going to fit.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Isn’t that the greatest. You get out to route and deliver three airs and you’re getting a message for a meet point. Couldn’t make it up if you tried. Let’s see, I delivered 3 tiny boxes and now you think the 6 irregs that didn’t fit 45 minutes ago, are now going to fit.
Haha.
One month our irreg shuttle driver got injured and there would be "No shuttles". Drivers were held in until 9:45 just to fit those last few pieces in. Funny how they cut plenty of routes that month. Or could not find another shuttle driver...

Heavy Package

It's not that simple.

I'm a 9.5 driver and they don't care. They work me. They just pay me the penalty. I have no choice.

Well said. Also...What about bad weather issues? Traffic? Break downs? At my hub the same routes with the same number of pieces and stops go out and it's ridiculous. No adjustments for the heat index, snow / ice, downtown major event (sports / political / etc.). The list goes on and on. Just work work work - and it's not about the job.

I mean, WTF? When is it asinine to be told to "Keep delivering packages"??? 8pm? 8:30? 9pm? WGAF! Go home and shut it down for the day already.

El Correcto

god is dead
It’d suck to have a family and have to do this job. No end in sight, your kids taking all your money, no free time once you get off work time to play house.

Being single though, don’t give a :censored2:, load that sum’bitch up, let’s get that money.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
655A25A2-BEA8-4F42-BB38-B21779948EDE.gif

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
There will never be contract language, that financially penalizes the company on service.

If a driver doesn't want the OT.... sign the 9.5 list.

It's that simple.

-Bug-
Wrong. I still get the unwanted excessive overtime and file every week. Once every four or five months when the Labor Manager decides to finally have a meeting 9.5's are paid. of course the self created backlog means there is no time to hear 8 hour violations or Supe Working Grievances. The ONLY way to effectively reduce the unwanted overtime and get the Dispatch down is to pay the over nine five each week as part of the paycheck.
That stuff would stop in its tracks

Foamer Pyle

There will never be contract language, that financially penalizes the company on service.

If a driver doesn't want the OT.... sign the 9.5 list.

It's that simple.

-Bug-
And they still beat the Crap out of you. The 9.5 language has no teeth. If the company had to pay double time for hours worked past 9.5, things would change. Yes, i realize that some people would abuse that, but i bet most drivers would want to get done at a decent time.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Because little pencil pusher Bobby Brown was sitting in his cubical one day and thinking of ways in which he could get his bosses attention giving him an advantage over his co-workers for that sweet sweet promotion. One day he thought to himself hey....when I play Call of Duty we have statistics that track average damage per second. (DPS)....maybe I can take this completely unrelated statistics and make it SPC....so he began his work. He then developed Stops Per Mile and so on. Pretty soon Bobby Brown had a pretty good project portfolio for his :censored2: boss. Turns out his boss liked the work. He in turn pitched it to his boss who pitched it to his boss and then pitched it to investors saying UPS can now more accurately evaluate it's business model and identify areas for growth. Turns out little Bobby Brown got that promotion and a free UPS polo shirt. You rock Bobby Brown....you rock.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Because little pencil pusher Bobby Brown was sitting in his cubical one day and thinking of ways in which he could get his bosses attention giving him an advantage over his co-workers for that sweet sweet promotion. One day he thought to himself hey....when I play Call of Duty we have statistics that track average damage per second. (DPS)....maybe I can take this completely unrelated statistics and make it SPC....so he began his work. He then developed Stops Per Mile and so on. Pretty soon Bobby Brown had a pretty good project portfolio for his :censored2: boss. Turns out his boss liked the work. He in turn pitched it to his boss who pitched it to his boss and then pitched it to investors saying UPS can now more accurately evaluate it's business model and identify areas for growth. Turns out little Bobby Brown got that promotion and a free UPS polo shirt. You rock Bobby Brown....you rock.
16b7f431cf9b9192fd710a3ba8ac431e.jpg

RolloTony Brown Town

My favorite part about SPC is during the initial training to run dispatch it clearly states NOT to dispatch based on this very metric. And yet it is the ops managers and district managers’ favorite number to push.

That’s why I don’t mind when we get max 8 hour requests and they’re in the loop we cut from on Monday’s and Fridays. Sorry boss. It’s either spc or grievances. You pick. I’ll deal.