Why people are so rude at UPS?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Lugo, you are there to make money not friends, A wise person told me that once. And its true. its called pecking order. I dont know why people act like chickens but they do. Just do what you are there to do, and the heck with everything else. Make friends elsewhere..

HomeDelivery

you're in the wrong field... as a package handler. Unless you're taking advantage of the tuition reimbursement program?

you should be trying for jobs in the health field arena. even in Nursing homes over the weekends /and maybe some week nights to start learning the medical lingo first-hand with those 12-month-trained LPNs...

so what's your response?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
My oldest boy( preload) jumped across the belt (first violation) and clocked the guy that was busting his chops unmercyifully for days ( second violation) .He did not get caught and the harraasemsnt stopped and he kept his job. Violance is never and option and I don't condone it ,but you need to stick up for yourself and get a thick skin.If a sup is on your case and you are doing your job to the best of your ability,smile at them and say "I am doing my best" . If it is a fellow employee tell him to lay off or whatever phrase ending in off that my come to mind. People are never at there best at 4AM in the morning unless they are going fishing. No one ever yelled at me at the bait shop.LOL

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My oldest boy( preload) jumped across the belt (first violation) and clocked the guy that was busting his chops unmercyifully for days ( second violation) .He did not get caught and the harraasemsnt stopped and he kept his job. Violance is never and option and I don't condone it ,but you need to stick up for yourself and get a thick skin.If a sup is on your case and you are doing your job to the best of your ability,smile at them and say "I am doing my best" . If it is a fellow employee tell him to lay off or whatever phrase ending in off that my come to mind. People are never at there best at 4AM in the morning unless they are going fishing. No one ever yelled at me at the bait shop.LOL
I always said you meet the worst of everyone on the preload. If they had a morn fight with their wife/husband/sig other, they see you, and thats the first human they have seen and you get the wrath.

ryansox

Yea I kinda get what you mean. I am also young and shy. I really don't talk much. Usually just bring my ipod and listen to some music. Some people are nasty but I do try to at least talk to them. When I get angry I just stop for a second, drink some water, and take a few deep breathes works great. Before when I got angry at everyone I would always become stressed out and that would ruin the rest of my day. I always wake up with a smile on my face now.