Why the 8 hour dispatch?

DOK

The eight hour dispatch is a sign of the times to come with the advent of the 22.4’s. The union asked the company to implement it now so it doesn’t look like it was the result of the implementation of the union suggested 22.4 driver. This way the membership won’t blame the union for the lower paychecks.

The eight hour dispatch is a sign of the times to come with the advent of the 22.4’s. The union asked the company to implement it now so it doesn’t look like it was the result of the implementation of the union suggested 22.4 driver. This way the membership won’t blame the union for the lower paychecks.
I'm not buying that one.

browned out

They are implementing 8 hour days and eliminating OT on Fridays, hammering Saturdays and cutting routes on Mondays and Tuesdays. Sign of things to come.

The Hoffa Taylor union is garbage. They lied to and mislead the members. Taylor was not forthright. Hoffa and his minions will be voted out. They have dug their own grave.

Good riddens to bad rubbish

Grey

They are implementing 8 hour days and eliminating OT on Fridays, hammering Saturdays and cutting routes on Mondays and Tuesdays. Sign of things to come.

The Hoffa Taylor union is garbage. They lied to and mislead the members. Taylor was not forthright. Hoffa and his minions will be voted out. They have dug their own grave.

Good riddens to bad rubbish

So dudes will get their OT early in the week and cruise into the wknd.

brndnpnt

Well the theory with this is sound, however the number of 22.4 is determined by volume in the building. We have around 80+- and all were getting is just a few 22.4s.

I been reading these 10 pages of post ok..

My take is that its all an intimidation tactic because in January is when the opt-out list come and they don't want anybody on 9/5.

I went on a 9-5 list before early in the year and before all of this union stuff got heated and they did everything they could to have me off of it within a couple weeks. Very nice and polite management was.

2nd I'm pretty sure there not happy about all of the back pay that still has yet to be paid in many areas... who wants to owe overtime and regular time all the way from August.

UrFellowUpser

Im just tried of being harassed by management about not making it in by 9.5 hrs its more annoying than anything. I tell them i get done when i get done safely and they go on and tell me that the planned day was 8.5hrs. Then i tell them it looks nice on computer but when your acutally doing the work its a little different and orion dont have a human like factor to it. You just supposed to work like a robot error free stop to stop with no delays.

35years

Gravy route
If this no OT stuff keeps up through March people will start asserting their seniority to secure OT.

Any contract experts out there who can explain how it would work?

Say there are 4-5 guys in a loop. With ORION dispatch there are no distinct route boarders anymore.

If the top seniority guy in the loop opts out of 9.5 protection and wants OT, can he successfully file if another guy in the loop consistantly gets longer paid days?
Does he have the right to relieve (take stops off) the less senior employee? How about relieving guys outside the loop but who are on the way back to the bldg?

Could the more senior worker bump a member or co-chair off the safety committee for OT? Would it be the call of the BA or the Center Manager? Or if neither agree, would a grievance accomplish it?

If this no OT stuff keeps up through March people will start asserting their seniority to secure OT.

Say there are 4-5 guys in a loop. With ORION dispatch there are no distinct route boarders anymore.

If the top seniority guy in the loop opts out of 9.5 protection and wants OT, can he successfully file if another guy in the loop consistantly gets longer paid days?
Does he have the right to relieve (take stops off) the less senior employee? How about relieving guys outside the loop but who are on the way back to the bldg?

Could the more senior worker bump a member or co-chair off the safety committee for OT? Would it be the call of the BA or the Center Manager? Or if neither agree, would a grievance accomplish it?
Anybody who wants OT can message in and help.

Mooseknuckle

They told us a mandatory 6 punch until further notice for the lower seniority half of drivers. Also said we'll be working "11hour days or less" and it looks like they won't be able to do that every day with half the routes. I'll bet we'll be struggling to get in under 70 hours each week soon.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You’re guaranteed 8hours nothing more nothing less

35years

Gravy route
You’re guaranteed 8hours nothing more nothing less
Not that simple...
Section 16 -Extra Work
Seniority shall prevail for extra work and the work shall be assigned
by seniority, within the classification and work area, to those who
are qualified, present and available.

So how has this been interpreted at panel in the past? Certainly all those within the loop are present and available if they want the work.