Why the 8 hour dispatch?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Here, that is true if you follow Orion. But if you do routes properly (don’t follow orion). You should punch by 16:45-17:15.
Yup, us too. My rule is shelf to shelf when I'm in new areas. Impossible to learn a route efficiently with Orion. My Saturday route I literally ignore the board and do it my way; I'm always done before my last pickup, they've never said a word about compliance. Yet other guys get bitched at about it daily....

Brown Down

If it weren't for a placard pickup and me actually caring about my other pickups I would be done at 330 today heading home. Started at 8am. This is getting out of hand

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
If it weren't for a placard pickup and me actually caring about my other pickups I would be done at 330 today heading home. Started at 8am. This is getting out of hand
Resi routes with less than 8 hr dispatch being asked to take a helper.....yeah this now a bit absurd.

8am start was told to leave at 7:25am last stop was at 12:51pm. Swept the UPS store(other side of town for me) and hitting my personal time as we speak. Looking at eta back to building around 3pm.

Delivery!!!

Resi routes with less than 8 hr dispatch being asked to take a helper.....yeah this now a bit absurd.

8am start was told to leave at 7:25am last stop was at 12:51pm. Swept the UPS store(other side of town for me) and hitting my personal time as we speak. Looking at eta back to building around 3pm.
Good for you. I'd make sure that first 35 minutes is paid as time and a half since it was before your posted start time. Do you still get 8 hours of straight pay also? Never had this situation before.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Good for you. I'd make sure that first 35 minutes is paid as time and a half since it was before your posted start time. Do you still get 8 hours of straight pay also? Never had this situation before.
So yes you still get your 8 hour guarantee. Any start outside of posted start time is paid at time and a half and then I’ll still get my guaranteed 8 from my start time of 8am.

CalDrvr06

Jus got talked to by management for getting lil over 10hrs last night. I was less than 45min over. Not on 9.5. Rule around here is as long as your not 1hr over ur good. He said now they want u scratch or .20 over that's it. Today they covered all my pickups to get me off under 9.5 hrs. This is real

John Boy

Jus got talked to by management for getting lil over 10hrs last night. I was less than 45min over. Not on 9.5. Rule around here is as long as your not 1hr over ur good. He said now they want u scratch or .20 over that's it. Today they covered all my pickups to get me off under 9.5 hrs. This is real
Les than an hour over? You must not be running your route by Orion.

CalDrvr06

Idk if there really gonna be able to keep us under 10hrs per day during peak. But there certainly going to try. And this is something definitely different.

rpoz11

Prior to this contract start time windows were pretty specific. If we had a start time that was too late they had to pay us from our normal start time regardless.

For routes dispatched with later starts you were paid a differential on top of your normal rate.

Now it appears that UPS has the flexibility to allow it to basically do what ever they feel is necessary to fulfill its business obligations.

This is both good and bad, only time will tell if there’s any benefit either us or the company as a whole.

We "had" the ability to argue start time differentiations.
Your flexibility suggestion definition is the 22.4.
Now they can decline this.
Union, so far....seems to be backing the 22.4.
Arguing start times for the following week posted on Friday, or whatever Friday is to the 22.4s,
won't hold water now.
Sad