Why would UPS 05 drivers?

FozziesDeliveries

I never really understood the hatred for runners.

I would rather have some clown busting his ass on the route next to mine, than be surrounded by sloths trying to see who could do the least amount of work.

We had a couple of loops where the drivers were literally competing to be the slowest because they knew they would have to help the route next to them.
I kind of went off on a tangent there out of frustration because of over the last year or so the absolute dumpster fire that has become of the center i am at. My route was definitely destroyed by a runner gunner and then a lunch burner before me. Slowly been getting it fixed.

Hmmmm i am going to have to start checking our lists and see how many are actually making bonus consistenly. There are some die hard bonus drivers at my center though.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Do you really believe this? That the time allowance can “follow” a driver to another route?

Some drivers just work faster, drive faster and have no interactions with customers. I never wanted to work at that pace for 30yrs. But that doesn’t mean that management just sets the allowance on routes to reward a bonus driver.

If anything, they will cut the allowance on the bonus babies and move it to a sloths route so that they won’t have to answer for their center’s over allowed every day.

They can do that by changing the to and from miles on a route or adjusting the pkg allowance at individual bulk stops.
Do I believe this? You bet your bippy!! The guy who slid into the route he just left getting 25-40 more stops daily. On his new route this guy begins by getting stop count lowered by 15-20 everyday resulting in a nice under dispatch. Until they can work the bugs out and make it an even 8. That's how we do when this bonus baby can't get his bone us no more. Do I believe it? Yes.

oldngray

nowhere special
I kind of went off on a tangent there out of frustration because of over the last year or so the absolute dumpster fire that has become of the center i am at. My route was definitely destroyed by a runner gunner and then a lunch burner before me. Slowly been getting it fixed.

Hmmmm i am going to have to start checking our lists and see how many are actually making bonus consistenly. There are some die hard bonus drivers at my center though.
We had one guy's name used as a verb for what he did to routes. He would bid on a route, run it for a while and destroy the allowances for the next driver then move on and do the same for another route. Repeatedly.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
If anything, they will cut the allowance on the bonus babies and move it to a sloths route so that they won’t have to answer for their center’s over allowed every day.

They can do that by changing the to and from miles on a route or adjusting the pkg allowance at individual bulk stops.
no PDS gives enough of a :censored2: about any driver to do this for them, since it also makes their job harder
you'd have to change either one or both by quite a bit

Thebrownblob

I think people have a problem when runners cover their route.
You're trying to do your job safely and correctly are these kids this disregard everything
I’ve never cared either way, if a guy does my route while I am on vacation and does an extra 50 stops, doesn’t mean I’m going to when I come back. And they’re well aware of that.

oldngray

nowhere special
I’ve never cared either way, if a guy does my route while I am on vacation and does an extra 50 stops, doesn’t mean I’m going to when I come back. And they’re well aware of that.
Yeah but it does suck to have an extra 20 stops when you come back from vacation. It takes until your next vacation to fix it but then it repeats.

Re-Raise

Do I believe this? You bet your bippy!! The guy who slid into the route he just left getting 25-40 more stops daily. On his new route this guy begins by getting stop count lowered by 15-20 everyday resulting in a nice under dispatch. Until they can work the bugs out and make it an even 8. That's how we do when this bonus baby can't get his bone us no more. Do I believe it? Yes.
So he is getting stops taken off his route?

That is completely different than getting a different time allowance for the same work on a route

Re-Raise

no PDS gives enough of a :censored2: about any driver to do this for them, since it also makes their job harder
you'd have to change either one or both by quite a bit
They did a virtual time study on a route that had a 200+ pkg bulk stop that had to be double tripped in a separate pkg car.

The allowance was changed per piece on that route and time was added to a rural route that had a 50 yr old female driver who consistently ran 1-2 hrs over.

Our center manager said that he was tired of answering for her over allowed and the route with the bulk stop had extra time.

They are never going to give bonus routes MORE bonus!

thecamel

Yes. Stops are being taken off that were perfectly fine for the previous driver to run. Thus lowering his stop count and funny thing, the allowance doesn't appear to show a corresponding relative decrease.

Re-Raise

Yes. Stops are being taken off that were perfectly fine for the previous driver to run. Thus lowering his stop count and funny thing, the allowance doesn't appear to show a corresponding relative decrease.
They take stops off slow drivers at my center

Bonus drivers usually get stops added

thecamel

Therein the paradox. Taking him under allowed. And now slowly working that number to be the new 8 hour dispatch for him on that route. That's his bonus now. And even the on car, former loooonngg time pds, comments on how fast this guy can get it done. Like we should all aspire. kma.

Re-Raise

Therein the paradox. Taking him under allowed. And now slowly working that number to be the new 8 hour dispatch for him on that route. That's his bonus now. And even the on car, former loooonngg time pds, comments on how fast this guy can get it done. Like we should all aspire. kma.
Under allowed is not the same thing as under dispatched

How long have you driven?

Why are you more worried about this guy’s route than management seems to be?

JonDoe

We only had one cross
Funny thing is when we came back the tires kept going flat on his car
He quit shortly after 20 year guy that was always a total spaz
We had a few drivers cross our picket line and when we returned to work we were told that no bullying or retaliation would be allowed. Funny thing is management was harder on those guys then anybody else that stayed out.

Brownwind

Agree. They gave me an extra twenty today. Just means the kid beside me gets to drive to meet me to get my ground. So stupid how they constantly do this. Try to explain it to the dispatch sup and you get this strange look. “ What do you mean you can’t do twenty stops in the country as fast as you can in a cul-de-sac?”

Same pace every day. Don’t take shortcuts to make some imaginary numbers. You can’t expect an old guy to do what a twenty year old can. Remember it’s a marathon not a sprint.
Hang in there.

Re-Raise

A supervisor did tell me once that each driver has some sort of factor that follows them in the system to affect what a planned day looks like.

Whether or not that's true, I guess only @TearsInRain can tell us.
The dispatcher can change the parameters to reflect a slow driver..but that doesn’t change bonus or not. It just shows that they will be at different stops later