Why would UPS 05 drivers?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
What happens in a bonus center if a runner finishes a route worth 9 hours in 7 hours? Does actual hours (05) negate the bonus in this scenario? I will ask my steward. Just looking for more input. Thanks
Bonus is not in the contract. That is on the company.

FozziesDeliveries

The company saves 10 minutes per driver, paid break, here in the Atlantic area. My center voted bonus out. Took 5 tries. Funny that management said it wouldn't matter to them either way. We had 5 votes to remove it and prevailed each time. It finally stuck after the 5th vote. Center manager was sent packing the next day.

How did it compare from before and after? I have always wondered what all exactly would change if bonus was voted out. I KNOW the runner and gunners would HATE IT, but if they would slow their butts down then there would be more work to put in more routes and work/hire more drivers instead of the runner gunners absorbing it all. But no, gotta be selfish, gotta make deals with management... "i want to get home..." then you get more work anyways. 🙄

Sorry got on a rant. What all changes going from a bonus center to a non bonus center.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
How did it compare from before and after? I have always wondered what all exactly would change if bonus was voted out. I KNOW the runner and gunners would HATE IT, but if they would slow their butts down then there would be more work to put in more routes and work/hire more drivers instead of the runner gunners absorbing it all. But no, gotta be selfish, gotta make deals with management... "i want to get home..." then you get more work anyways. 🙄

Sorry got on a rant. What all changes going from a bonus center to a non bonus center.
My building voted out bonus in 3 out of 4 centers, the only thing that really changed is the bonus drivers didn't make bonus anymore.

Re-Raise

I’ve never really understood why people worry about their managers too much I always like to tell my managers who are dicks don’t worry I’ll be here longer than you
I used to call some of them by the wrong name, so they knew I could not care any less about they thought

Re-Raise

I never really understood the hatred for runners.

I would rather have some clown busting his ass on the route next to mine, than be surrounded by sloths trying to see who could do the least amount of work.

We had a couple of loops where the drivers were literally competing to be the slowest because they knew they would have to help the route next to them.

I would rather have some clown busting his ass on the route next to mine, than be surrounded by sloths trying to see who could do the least amount of work.

We had a couple of loops where the drivers were literally competing to be the slowest because they knew they would have to help the route next to them.
I think people have a problem when runners cover their route.
You're trying to do your job safely and correctly are these kids this disregard everything

Re-Raise

That's fantastic
i called some kid named David “Daniel” for so long that the rest of the center started doing it too.

We had a lady center manager that wasn’t in our center very often, so I referred to her as “that lady”. One of the other drivers told her that was what I was calling her, so she actually wore a name tag that said “that lady” on it

At least she had a sense of humor

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Runners make it easier for the center team to hit their stops per car which takes the pressure off them to really crack down on the least best drivers. It's good to have at least one runner per loop because it keeps the heat off everyone else but good luck getting some of these guys to figure that out.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

They get more pieces so preloaders get screwed

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired

Kind of crazy but we voted bonus out because there were only about 5 drivers left making bonus anymore. Everyone else had their allowances rolled back to the point they were always over no matter what they did. Couple of retirements since then and now maybe 2 drivers out of 50 routes daily are under allowed. No bonus paid anymore. No one sweats it now. However there is still one guy, there will probably ways be one, that management still dispatches by his planned day. And since he changed routes just this year his inflated allowance has followed him. He cries occasionally about no more bonus but none of us effing care. That's the best. Nowadays there are too many drivers that run anywhere from .7 to >1 hour over allowed. But when you stop sweating that number your job becomes much better.

Re-Raise

. And since he changed routes just this year his inflated allowance has followed him.
Do you really believe this? That the time allowance can “follow” a driver to another route?

Some drivers just work faster, drive faster and have no interactions with customers. I never wanted to work at that pace for 30yrs. But that doesn’t mean that management just sets the allowance on routes to reward a bonus driver.

If anything, they will cut the allowance on the bonus babies and move it to a sloths route so that they won’t have to answer for their center’s over allowed every day.

They can do that by changing the to and from miles on a route or adjusting the pkg allowance at individual bulk stops.

oldngray

nowhere special
Do you really believe this? That the time allowance can “follow” a driver to another route?

Some drivers just work faster, drive faster and have no interactions with customers. I never wanted to work at that pace for 30yrs. But that doesn’t mean that management just sets the allowance on routes based on the driver.

If anything, they will cut the allowance on the bonus babies and move it to a sloths route so that they won’t have to answer for their center’s over allowed every day.
Management does massage what work is on routes for their "special" kids. The numbers can easily change just by moving a few stops around.

Re-Raise

Management does massage what work is on routes for their "special" kids. The numbers can easily change just by moving a few stops around.
Sure. But some guys just burn up every route

And it isn’t because they have an “inflated allowance” that follows them from route to route