Why would UPS 05 drivers?

browned out

In our center; we are being coded 05 (Actual Hours) even if we work over 8 hours. Does anyone have a rationale as to why UPS management would do this?

Thebrownblob

Only you the employee can break your 8 hour agreement and if management was smart they would get you to sign paper every day saying you agree to it.

Thebrownblob

Central region
Article 12

Section 7
Each full-time employee put to work shall have a daily guarantee of eight (8) hours of work. Any full-time employee reporting to work and not put to work shall receive six (6) hours’ guarantee. The guar- antee may be broken by request of the employee using the appropri- ate company code

Central region
Article 12

Section 7
Each full-time employee put to work shall have a daily guarantee of eight (8) hours of work. Any full-time employee reporting to work and not put to work shall receive six (6) hours’ guarantee. The guar- antee may be broken by request of the employee using the appropri- ate company code
We don't have that language here

browned out

So if anyone manages to finish in under 8, they don't get paid 8. And the numbers look better.
What happens in a bonus center if a runner finishes a route worth 9 hours in 7 hours? Does actual hours (05) negate the bonus in this scenario? I will ask my steward. Just looking for more input. Thanks

Thebrownblob

What happens in a bonus center if a runner finishes a route worth 9 hours in 7 hours? Does actual hours (05) negate the bonus in this scenario? I will ask my steward. Just looking for more input. Thanks
It will affect the rate of pay depending on your bonus agreements. Here a bonus driver gets overtime right but if they are coded 05 they get straight time for bonus. So once again it’s management manipulating numbers. Personally I find it best just not to play their game at all

Michael Scott

Bonus center here. If youre coded an 05 you strictly get paid only for hours worked. Regardless if you ran an hour of bonus or not.

Nah
It will affect the rate of pay depending on your bonus agreements. Here a bonus driver gets overtime right but if they are coded 05 they get straight time for bonus. So once again it’s management manipulating numbers. Personally I find it best just not to play their game at all
We get quarterly bonuses at the mine. The co-workers who complain about what affects the bonus is nauseating. You work for your hourly rate. If you get anything above and beyond, that's, well...a bonus. Lol Just focus on doing the job correctly and safely. Let everything else fall into place as it may.

Thebrownblob

We get quarterly bonuses at the mine. The co-workers who complain about what affects the bonus is nauseating. You work for your hourly rate. If you get anything above and beyond, that's, well...a bonus. Lol Just focus on doing the job correctly and safely. Let everything else fall into place as it may.
No doubt I’ve had a few drivers not coded correctly and didn’t get what they thought was their bonus I explain to them it’s not contractual we cannot file. Never trust the company.