Why would UPS 05 drivers?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In our center; we are being coded 05 (Actual Hours) even if we work over 8 hours. Does anyone have a rationale as to why UPS management would do this?
Weakness? We are our own worst enemy. I'll give you xmas eve, but other than that you demand your 8 hours pay.

Why any local would agree to bonus is beyond me?

Thebrownblob

Weakness? We are our own worst enemy. I'll give you xmas eve, but other than that you demand your 8 hours pay.

Why any local would agree to bonus is beyond me?
I’m not certain locals Can’t stop bonus it’s voted in by drivers in each center. They do however advise against it strongly.

Michael Scott

Bonus center here as well, that’s not true.

How 05 works is if you plan to to 8hrs, you work 7hrs, you won’t get paid bonus. If you plan 9hrs, work 7, you’ll be paid 1hr bonus at straight time.

Bonus centers only get bonus when coded 05 for any bonus beyond 8hrs, if coded 06, you’ll get the pay coded under guarantee, anything above 8hrs would be coded bonus.
If our paid day is 7.97 hours and we finish in 7.00 we will get an 05 and only get paid for hours worked. If our paid day is 8.05 hours and we work 7.00, we will be paid 8.00 hours at straight time and .05 hours at OT rate.

oldngray

nowhere special
If our paid day is 7.97 hours and we finish in 7.00 we will get an 05 and only get paid for hours worked. If our paid day is 8.05 hours and we work 7.00, we will be paid 8.00 hours at straight time and .05 hours at OT rate.
If our paid day is 8.05 hours and we work 7.00, we will be paid 8.00 hours at straight time and .05 hours at OT rate.

Don't you mean planned day is 8.05 hours? Paid day is the hours you actually work.

Philipjfry

In my center, start time is 9. Every Saturday the board shows up as a 905 start. I correct it as I punch in, and it also is code 06 as well.
During the day, it magically changes back to 905, while showing a code 05.
The diad 5 would alert us that our timecard information has been updated, while this week was our first week with the 6, and did not let me know that it was updated without my knowledge. This has been going on for months.
The principle of the matter really pisses me off. Was brought to the attention of the stew and a sup and was basically told not to make noise about it. The code 5 crap doesn’t bother me much because I don’t want to help and I just want to go home on a Saturday, but the fact they are trying to skim 5 minutes from each driver is mind numbing.

Thebrownblob

Suckers game. They think they are gaining the system, the company is laughing.
Absolutely. They implement it and you make a fairly decent amount of bonus. A
In my center, start time is 9. Every Saturday the board shows up as a 905 start. I correct it as I punch in, and it also is code 06 as well.
During the day, it magically changes back to 905, while showing a code 05.
The diad 5 would alert us that our timecard information has been updated, while this week was our first week with the 6, and did not let me know that it was updated without my knowledge. This has been going on for months.
The principle of the matter really pisses me off. Was brought to the attention of the stew and a sup and was basically told not to make noise about it. The code 5 crap doesn’t bother me much because I don’t want to help and I just want to go home on a Saturday, but the fact they are trying to skim 5 minutes from each driver is mind numbing.
If after explaining to them what’s going on they do not fix it permanently, grieve it, call loss prevention, Call the one 800 number

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Bonus center here. Code 05=No Bonus. Code 06=You get whatever bonus shows on the :censored2: dispatch report. Bonus=you probably skipped lunch, sprinted, and took shortcuts, you will eventually go down with an injury.

Thebrownblob

Bonus center here. Code 05=No Bonus. Code 06=You get whatever bonus shows on the :censored2: dispatch report. Bonus=you probably skipped lunch, sprinted, and took shortcuts, you will eventually go down with an injury.
Yep I’ve heard it works that way some places. Since it’s not contractual UPS can pretty much do whatever the hell they want LOL.

Shorts365

What happens in a bonus center if a runner finishes a route worth 9 hours in 7 hours? Does actual hours (05) negate the bonus in this scenario? I will ask my steward. Just looking for more input. Thanks
You get both the guarantee and the bonus, and the bonus guarantee of even more stops tomorrow.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Shecky, you are the lone wolf in the bonus universe. Most tell tales of wonderment and free riches.