Why your Amazon Prime addiction is bad for UPS

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm not sure what you mean by sell-outs then.
If you bought a house for $200k and because of property value increases, it is now worth $2 million.
If you sell the house for $2M, are you a sell-out?
More like you sold your house but still live in it and are now a slave to the new owners. You people sold out and because if that UPS isn't the great company it once.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
More like you sold your house but still live in it and are now a slave to the new owners. You people sold out and because if that UPS isn't the great company it once.
I did not sell out but you still work there ... sounds like you sold-out or maybe just a slave.
I understand you are bitter about the fact you are going to die ... but the future is your choice..

Overpaid Union Thug

I did not sell out but you still work there ... sounds like you sold-out or maybe just a slave.
I understand you are bitter about the fact you are going to die ... but the future is your choice..

Sounds like you are a victim!
Anyone who would cripple the company (that they've decided to make a career out of working for) to make a quick buck is a sell out. You can attempt to deflect by calling me a slave all you want but it won't change the fact that you are a sell out or that you helped ruin a great company. Yes, I will die one day but I will not die as a sell out.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Anyone who would cripple the company (that they've decided to make a career out of working for) to make a quick buck is a sell out.

You can attempt to deflect by calling me a slave all you want but it won't change the fact that you are a sell out or that you helped ruin a great company.

Yes, I will die one day but I will not die as a sell out.
It's not a company ... it is a corporation.
The purpose of any corporation is to maximize shareholder wealth.
Going public did that for UPS shareholders.

You were the one that said you were a slave.
I was trying to point out that you were not.
Okay, maybe you are not an ignorant slave.

Hopefully you will be retired when you die.
Then you will be a sell-out.
While you work though ...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No I don't know much profit its take to run an airline. Amazon must of figure that out, and they must real confident, they can make it work cause they moving to into the air cargo business.

What makes it interesting is at first Amazon was testing their aircargo only in the US. Now Amazon is flying the product in the EU.
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) has been conducting secret trial flights that have carried thousands of packages to and from its fulfillment centers in the United Kingdom. Evening Standard reports that the tech-giant has chartered a Boeing 737 aircraft, which has been flying on routes between Poland, Germany, and England since mid-November.

The online-retail giant has reportedly chartered the aircraft from DB Schenker, a German logistics company. Five weekly flights have been determined so far, on which the planes travel first from Katowice, Poland to Kassel, Germany. Katowice and Kassel are both significant stops, as the airports in these towns are within close proximity of the e-commerce giant’s huge warehouses in the two countries, respectively. http://www.bidnessetc.com/60017-amazon-is-secretly-testing-air-cargo-operations-in-the-uk/
Oooh snap, secret flights...lol shrouded in mystery just like the secret barges that Google or Apple had a few years ago that sent the techies into full blown orgasm.... Who the friend cares why is it whenever Zuk, Jeffrey or musty farts the whole world has their nose right in their chocolate starfish????its getting old

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Huh... You smoking again... Hope Georgia never legalizes pot because you will be going off the cliff with craziness .. More than you already are

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Anyone who would cripple the company (that they've decided to make a career out of working for) to make a quick buck is a sell out. You can attempt to deflect by calling me a slave all you want but it won't change the fact that you are a sell out or that you helped ruin a great company. Yes, I will die one day but I will not die as a sell out.
You can thank the union for us being beat down in a daily basis like a pack mule... Thank fatboy for that

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You can thank the union for us being beat down in a daily basis like a pack mule... Thank fatboy for that

You seem obsessed with marijuana tonight. Smoking a fatboy joint?

9ed207cf2b6f13d6a3f5bf41ee41aefb.jpg

35years

Gravy route
Maybe UPS should just buy Amazon.
Amazon currently has a market valuation of $316 Billion.
UPS
currently has a market value of around $86 Billion.

If anything, Amazon would be buying UPS.

Amazon is now the 6th most valuable US company (as measured by market capitalization)
1 Apple
2 Alphabet (Google)
3 Microsoft
4 Berkshire Hathaway
5 Exon
6 Amazon

When a company the size of Amazon makes statements and concrete moves that indicate they are targeting your industry, they should be taken seriously.

Last edited:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
It's clear to me that you either take the long term survival of UPS as a personal concern or you don't. We all work here voluntarily and I'd hope most of us have a future in mind that does include our pension. Well anything or anyone that jeopardizes either is a serious issue in my book. We can sit here and hypothesize on their intentions but we all have a pretty good idea. At the end of the day we are a workforce of almost half a million that all have families that we could have some informative impact on. That's just one way we can make an impact.

Indecisi0n

Figure 2.5 billion for the 20 767s (Aircraft manufacturers heavily discount their aircraft), 767 engines are practically being given away right now, so they can probably get 40 plus another 2-3 spares for around 200 million, another 5-10 million to gain an operating certificate. For 20 aircraft you're going to need a large spares department. Throw another 10-15 million on that. Pilot training another 5 million.

Just to get the planes on property is around a 2.7-2.8 billion dollar expense. That doesn't even factor in the infrastructure needed. Now I'm not saying they aren't going to do it. But to do it on the scale being discussed, we are talking about a massive cost undertaking. They have 14 Billion cash on hand so they can do it pretty easily. But will the shareholders accept another business undertaking while receiving little in return? I'm skeptical.
Don't forget paid lunches for the pilots in training.

Overpaid Union Thug

You sold out. You helped turn UPS into an evil corporation. I didn't. You get mentioning death. How appropriate because you are responsible for the slow death of UPS.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I wouldn't be surprised if ups isn't in some type of negotiations with Wal Mart or Target to expand their e-commerce. Being that ups just bought a company in Europe that developed public storage lockers for package delivery, I could see them putting those at every Wal-mart for access points. Being 70% of the population is within 5 miles of a Wal-mart, I see them developing a same day type delivery or something for them to take on Amazon.

I'm sure ups is working on something to replace Amazon with before their contracts are up. Rumor has it, both ups and fedex are going to give Amazon less and less.