Wild speculation

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
i hear ya, and im freight so its quite different over here but i will say this, a normal week for me is at least 55 hours, in spring and summer its well above 60, at thats the way it is everywhere with LTL driving at most reputable companies, and starting at UPS for at least the first few years the pay is on par with the rest of em, but top rate is highest in industry and even starting rate i can afford to have my wife stay home with my kids, not many other companies offer what ups does at all, especially for a guy like me who only went to HS.....and this might sound terrible to some but i absolutely can be bought for hard cash, the days are long and im beat at end of week but i dunno where else a high school grad could go and make enough money for wife to for most part stay home, but to each his own i guess...i only post because i hear a lot of guy say ooh man i have no life or ohh man its hard work and hours, i just try to keep eye on prize, and i drink too that helps a lot
That is one handsome avatar my friend!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I found out from my "man" in Atlanta. the US govt is forcing UPS to hire more drivers because of an expected event which is going to call for martial law.

he said all commercial drivers in a national emergency can be commandeered by the US military to driver our vehicles to move personnel and supplies.

I believe him.

PT Car Washer

I found out from my "man" in Atlanta. the US govt is forcing UPS to hire more drivers because of an expected event which is going to call for martial law.

he said all commercial drivers in a national emergency can be commandeered by the US military to driver our vehicles to move personnel and supplies.

I believe him.
PT jr. says the same thing. I sure hope you are being sarcastic or you are just as wako as he is.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I believe him.
Do the drivers get to carry ar-15's and double glocks on the hips....gangsta

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
when Hillary gets in the first thing she is going to do is confiscate most of your 401k nd IRAs and redistribute the wealth to the have nots.

the expected event is going to be civil war. an uprising of what is left of the middle class.

Bottom rung

Anyways our B.A told us they were hiring all those guys last year to get through peak. Temps won't stay through all the b.s. so the company had to put them on permanently. I would like to believe it's because we're getting ten dollars in raises in the next contract and two extra weeks of vacation. They'll be needed for coverage.

llamainmypocket

What's up with the huge hiring spree?

Put on your tinfoil hat and let us know what you think.

Wild speculation? UPS has gotten too extreme in it's labor practices. The process count on preload is too high and the driver count is too low. UPS discovered this the peak before last and it hurt the stock price. The trajectory cannot be maintained. We have a new CEO and he's going to take ups down the other direction.

For those that think this hiring practice won't continue, psh. We've got another couple years of elevated hiring levels at a minimum. Not necessarily because we need more drivers than right now but because the kind of drivers that quit are the kind who have been doing it for a short time. Over the next few years a lot of these guys will decide it's not what they actually want.

Johney

I believe him.
I got a bridge for sale.....interested?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
when Hillary gets in the first thing she is going to do is confiscate most of your 401k nd IRAs and redistribute the wealth to the have nots.

the expected event is going to be civil war. an uprising of what is left of the middle class.
But before that she's going to take all of our guns, knives, throwing stars and numchucks