Will a seat belt violation disqualify me from becoming a driver this year?

mack720

Is the seat belt a moving violation in your state? If so, yes.
"Moving violations include offenses like speeding tickets, driving while impaired (DWI), driving while license revoked (DWLR), stop sign violations, and more. Non-moving violations include inspection violations, registration violations, seat belt violations, and equipment violations. Improper Equipment is a non-moving violation that carries zero (0) DMV and zero (0) insurance points."

This website says seat belt violations aren't moving violations. So hopefully I can still drive this year.

TheKid99

"Moving violations include offenses like speeding tickets, driving while impaired (DWI), driving while license revoked (DWLR), stop sign violations, and more. Non-moving violations include inspection violations, registration violations, seat belt violations, and equipment violations. Improper Equipment is a non-moving violation that carries zero (0) DMV and zero (0) insurance points."

This website says seat belt violations aren't moving violations. So hopefully I can still drive this year.

You qualify, nice!

salt

As far as I know you are allowed to have 3 or less moving violations and still get hired to drive.

Sent using BrownCafe App

barnyard

KTM rider
As far as I know you are allowed to have 3 or less moving violations and still get hired to drive.

You know wrong.

The requirements are usually posted with the bid. If not, you will be asked if you have any moving violations when you sign a bid. If you do not disclose and they find one when they do the check, you will be DQ'd, some have been fired for lying.

Whether you think it is a moving offense or not, disclose it.

Future

Victory Ride
I think there should be a single forum for all newbie Questions......I dont mind giving advice etc ...but think it needs its own forum

turdbrown

I applied for a driver position but I got a ticket for not wearing a seat belt earlier this year..
make sure you wear your seatbelt when you start driving. A driver got washed because he drove out of the bld and into the yard without his seatbelt on. Telematics said he wasn't wearing it. Remember, it's also the law!

turdbrown

We have been told that Telematics does not work in the building.
well it must work in ours out here on the west coast. The guy was washed for not wearing his seatbelt going out to the yard. The telematics was the evidence they used against him. He did get to try again a month later and he did make senority.