Will I get hired...?

Ramned

Hi all,

I called human resources & left a voicemail today to ask if I could work over my winter break. I think I was (unintentionally) a bit rude though, because at the end of the message I told her that I was never paid for my last week there back in October...will they kind of frown upon that or do you think they'll call me back?? I was, according to my FT supe, a really good worker and he said to just call if I wanted to work seasonal...just a bit worried I sounded like a dick there lol...

hopefully, they'll call me back. I want to experience this peak season horror ride for myself :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are only 16 working days left for this Peak. You would need to get hired, attend an orientation (which they may waive as you are a former employee) and then they would have work you in to the schedule. If I were a betting man (and I am) I would say the odds are against you.

UPSGUY72

NO. They either already hired everybody they need or they have people lined up already just in case they need more.

You have asked about your last check before if you want it that bad go the building you worked at and ask someone for it perferably a SUP.

Ramned

damn. was hoping to make some mad money for peak season. :( maybe i'll get lucky. after all most seasonals are a bunch of new-hires

P

pickup

damn. was hoping to make some mad money for peak season. :( maybe i'll get lucky. after all most seasonals are a bunch of new-hires

If you put the effort into getting your old check , it will probably equal the amount of money you will make if you did get hired for this peak season.

Ramned

****, they can't hire me. I can't believe my FT supervisor said he'd be able to hire me as a seasonal. I almost regret quitting, but I guess grades come first. And now I sounded like a dick because HR had me call him to inquire about my last paycheck.

So say I wanted to work over summer. Unlikely as that now is after this fiasco (it would probably be too awkward lol) just wondering if it is possible. I'll probably continue working on campus though.

:angry-very2:

I really left that place looking like a prick.

UPSGUY72

****, they can't hire me. I can't believe my FT supervisor said he'd be able to hire me as a seasonal. I almost regret quitting, but I guess grades come first. And now I sounded like a dick because HR had me call him to inquire about my last paycheck.

So say I wanted to work over summer. Unlikely as that now is after this fiasco (it would probably be too awkward lol) just wondering if it is possible. I'll probably continue working on campus though.

:angry-very2:

I really left that place looking like a prick.

How in the hell could you screw things up. It was a simple thing to do. Ask if there was any possibility of getting hired for peak and say that you didn't receive your last check. I don't why you would look like a prick unless you acted like one to start.