Will I get my job back?

UPSjacks84

So today I was picking off like normal and when I pick off I usually have a big dip in. Today I was spitting my dip into a rather large water bottle and sitting it on the grating in the pickoff spot. My supervisor was talking to another employee underneath that grating and I accidentally kicked the spit bottle over and all the dip spit went on top of my supervisors head and down his shirt all the way to his shoes, he was covered. Needless to say, he was heated. He went and told the outbound sup what happened and the outbound sup went and got another employee who was capable of picking off and switched me and him out. He then asked for my building ID and walked me all the way out of the building. I've been at UPS for 6 years now and don't want to be fired. Will I get my job back?

Why are tobacco products allowed in your building? They are not allowed in my building. Really getting tired of an AM air driver that has to spit all down the inside of the drivers door or all over the window. Worse thing is he uses a different package car everyday. Go work in a cattle feed lot. you will feel more at home.

bluehdmc

That could be considered battery, and thus a workplace violence issue.

I don't see how it could be considered battery. It wasn't intentional (was it?). It is gross and tobacco products should not be allowed to be used in the building even dip. Is this really any worse than a PE guy accidently knocking a grease tub over (for example) and a supervisor (or anyone else) getting dripped on?

I think you SHOULD get your job back, call the union hall right away.

upschuck

I don't see how it could be considered battery. It wasn't intentional (was it?). It is gross and tobacco products should not be allowed to be used in the building even dip. Is this really any worse than a PE guy accidently knocking a grease tub over (for example) and a supervisor (or anyone else) getting dripped on?

I think you SHOULD get your job back, call the union hall right away.[/QUOT3]
Could really depend on who is viewing the situation, and the history between the two, among other things.

T

Turdferguson

So today I was picking off like normal and when I pick off I usually have a big dip in. Today I was spitting my dip into a rather large water bottle and sitting it on the grating in the pickoff spot. My supervisor was talking to another employee underneath that grating and I accidentally kicked the spit bottle over and all the dip spit went on top of my supervisors head and down his shirt all the way to his shoes, he was covered. Needless to say, he was heated. He went and told the outbound sup what happened and the outbound sup went and got another employee who was capable of picking off and switched me and him out. He then asked for my building ID and walked me all the way out of the building. I've been at UPS for 6 years now and don't want to be fired. Will I get my job back?
Just spit on belt next time it will rub away as the belt goes around

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1429799429.409170.jpg

The dip king

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Who, exactly, walked you off the property? Typically, even FT supervisors don't have the authority to terminate you and it has to be cleared by a business manager. What reason was given? Did they simply ask for your ID and march you out or cite workplace violence/company professional conduct?

Depending on the area you're in, you'll know within 10 business days (that's the time frame we have) when you receive a certified in the mail stating the reason for your termination.

It sounds like you need to be in touch with your steward/business agent and also the supervisor you spit on. You need to find out where you stand with the former and to see if you need to file a timely rebuttal grievance and owe the latter an apology.

Rain Shield

Why would he probably get his job back? I did not hear anything about a Steward being involved. I did no hear for what reason he was asked to turn in his ID and walked out.

Call your BA now and tell him/her you expect your job and back pay.

Accidents happen. Even if it was not an accident, the company did not follow the contract according to my supplement.