Will I get my job back?

Dr.Brownz

File your grievance ASAP. I think you only have 10 days from the incident. File and GET YOUR BACK PAY. DON:T LET THEM INTIMIDATE YOU INTO NO BACK PAY

Z

ZQXC

Did you ever think that people who smoke don't care if they die? Did you also ever think that if they stopped smoking and you said the wrong thing to them, they might gauge your Beatty little eyes out and make you swallow them.

Your point is?

Ron Carey lives on

Im picturing a sup I hate covered in dip spit, embarrassed, about to puke. Get your job back, don't dip in building again. LMAO I can't help it

Sent using BrownCafe App

I don't chew, but we always had pickoffs that would lift the belt and spit under it. I had a fulltime sup that would spit on the dock right where I'd throw irregs up. I wanted to choke him.
And they saying smoking is disgusting (it is). But other then smelling it I don't have to get it all over my hands like spit or walk in it.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Troll. This is the same guy who claimed to get fired for mooning his sup ... And then got fired again for falling asleep on a moving belt.

HardknocksUPSer

So today I was picking off like normal and when I pick off I usually have a big dip in. Today I was spitting my dip into a rather large water bottle and sitting it on the grating in the pickoff spot. My supervisor was talking to another employee underneath that grating and I accidentally kicked the spit bottle over and all the dip spit went on top of my supervisors head and down his shirt all the way to his shoes, he was covered. Needless to say, he was heated. He went and told the outbound sup what happened and the outbound sup went and got another employee who was capable of picking off and switched me and him out. He then asked for my building ID and walked me all the way out of the building. I've been at UPS for 6 years now and don't want to be fired. Will I get my job back?
Being a dipper myself, I think this is complete bull:censored2:, mistakes happen and he was at the wrong place at the wrong time, what if for instance a nail fell out of a package and it penetrated him, would you then lose your job because of that? No. It's a accident. I understand that do to this job a dip is required by those of us who choose to dip. I dip everyday at work. I suggest you use a bottle and sit it on the shelf inside your truck if you do get your job back, the floor isn't the best place for it. I spit on the floor at my center, almost 11 of the 20 employees I work preload with dip and it's never been a issue.

Last edited:

HardknocksUPSer

Jim Kelly would disagree with you.
Don't exactly know who that is but there's no "sure" evidence that smokeless tobacco will make you lose your jaw and give you cancer, it's arguably can be said that it does increase the risk of mouth cancer, if you have seen a recent can of dip you'll notice it says "this product (CAN) cause mouth cancer" it doesn't say it will. I have lived and grown up around people who smoke and use smokeless tobacco for my whole life, I've seen a number of men and women my grandpaw and grandmaw including that both lived into their 80's and 90's while both using smokeless tobacco almost their entire life. Meanwhile I've seen many men and women develop lung cancer from smoking. Everybody body is born with cancer in it, in some cases the cancer develops, in some cases it doesn't, however smoking and the use of smokeless tobacco "can" contribute to the activation of the cancer in your body. It doesn't mean it will happen though. BTW I have family who has never used a tobacco product in their life. My uncle used to keep a peppermint in his mouth constantly and he got mouth cancer, doctors said that it was most likely caused from irritation of the mouth from the peppermints. I'm a firm believer that smokeless tobacco is less harmful than smoking and in no way shape or form guarantees you will get mouth cancer, just my 2 cents.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Being a dipper myself, I think this is complete bull:censored2:, mistakes happen and he was at the wrong place at the wrong time, what if for instance a nail fell out of a package and it penetrated him, would you then lose your job because of that? No. It's a accident. I understand that do to this job a dip is required by those of us who choose to dip. I dip everyday at work. I suggest you use a bottle and sit it on the shelf inside your truck if you do get your job back, the floor isn't the best place for it. I spit on the floor at my center, almost 11 of the 20 employees I work preload with dip and it's never been a issue.

You really are a d*, aren't you?

HardknocksUPSer

I can be but generally no, I just understand that as a dipper these accidents happen. I've drunk my own spit, other people mistake your spit for Pepsi/coke, I've accidentally thrown a whole bottle of spit right in a girls face before. All on accident. When I was younger I was at a pool party, everyone was goofing off spraying people with water hoses, dumping buckets of ice water on people and splashing cold bottles of water on people, I had one bottle of water and another bottle which was my spit bottle, a girl ran by and I splashed the wrong bottle right into her face, she immediately froze as she felt the warm brown spit hit her, I apalogized, got a ass chewing from her dad and life went on.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I can be but generally no, I just understand that as a dipper these accidents happen. I've drunk my own spit, other people mistake your spit for Pepsi/coke, I've accidentally thrown a whole bottle of spit right in a girls face before. All on accident. When I was younger I was at a pool party, everyone was goofing off spraying people with water hoses, dumping buckets of ice water on people and splashing cold bottles of water on people, I had one bottle of water and another bottle which was my spit bottle, a girl ran by and I splashed the wrong bottle right into her face, she immediately froze as she felt the warm brown spit hit her, I apalogized, got a ass chewing from her dad and life went on.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say you don't get invited to a lot of parties

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

And……you just made my point for me.