Will I get my job back?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Raising a family, watching my two children graduate from college, walking my daughter down the aisle and holding my first grandchild are far more important to me than being one of the boys.

bumped

Ups has a smoke free and smokeless tobacco policy. I'm willing to bet that your business agent can get statements that other members of the bargaining unit and management do this same thing. What you did was unfortunate but it could have happened with a management person accidentally spilling it on an hourly.

If this is true why does my center have a smoking area?

bumped

Ups has a smoke free and smokeless tobacco policy. I'm willing to bet that your business agent can get statements that other members of the bargaining unit and management do this same thing. What you did was unfortunate but it could have happened with a management person accidentally spilling it on an hourly.

Nowhere in this post does it say inside the building.

UPS spews its PCM's about wellness. UPS should then be a smoke free campus.

unionsteward104

CONTRACT EXPERT
So today I was picking off like normal and when I pick off I usually have a big dip in. Today I was spitting my dip into a rather large water bottle and sitting it on the grating in the pickoff spot. My supervisor was talking to another employee underneath that grating and I accidentally kicked the spit bottle over and all the dip spit went on top of my supervisors head and down his shirt all the way to his shoes, he was covered. Needless to say, he was heated. He went and told the outbound sup what happened and the outbound sup went and got another employee who was capable of picking off and switched me and him out. He then asked for my building ID and walked me all the way out of the building. I've been at UPS for 6 years now and don't want to be fired. Will I get my job back?
No way that BS sticks. They can not fire you for that. You did not intend to harm or do anything to him. If he was not there it goes on the floor. That is not a Cardinals sin.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Used to make everyone in my building go out by the street to smoke. Some of the FT sups and managers would just stand out there and run the sort with their hand held radios.UPS finally put in an outside smoking area on property.

We also have a designated smoking area on property.

Our local hospital is a completely tobacco free. The employees used to have a "butt hut" but since that was taken away they stand out by the road during their smoke breaks, which IMO reflects very poorly on the hospital.

box_beeyotch

Anyone in the medical field that smokes is a double idiot.

Did you ever think that people who smoke don't care if they die? Did you also ever think that if they stopped smoking and you said the wrong thing to them, they might gauge your Beatty little eyes out and make you swallow them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you ever think that people who smoke don't care if they die? Did you also ever think that if they stopped smoking and you said the wrong thing to them, they might gauge your Beatty little eyes out and make you swallow them.

I have yet to meet a smoker who truly didn't care if they were to die as a result of their nasty habit. I think most of them felt trapped by their addiction.

Quitting smoking is one of the toughest things to do and, yeah, someone trying to quit might go off on you if were to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

box_beeyotch

I have yet to meet a smoker who truly didn't care if they were to die as a result of their nasty habit. I think most of them felt trapped by their addiction.

Quitting smoking is one of the toughest things to do and, yeah, someone trying to quit might go off on you if were to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Most times it's not that they don't care, it's that they haven't found a good enough reason for themselves to quit yet.